• Fruity drink
    • hard liquer/mixed
    • Wine
    • I cant drink cuz im in AA

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Like Bailey's Irish Cream straight on the rocks

I have a recommendation for you: Bushmill's Irish Cream. It's only been out for about a year and a half, and it's made with Bushmill's Irish Whiskey. I sampled it at an Irish Whiskey tasting dinner last March, and I liked it better than Bailey's. It's worth a try, anyway.

Currently sipping a homemade apple martini made approximately according to the California Pizza Kitchen recipe. I varied it slightly by putting in a tad more sour apple schnapps and a tad less Midori. It's good, but I think it could be slightly improved by using Cointreau instead of triple sec.

Incidentally, I highly recommend Svedka vodka. It's reasonably cheap (around $25-27 for a 1.75 liter bottle), and it's a pretty smooth vodka. I shot the last 1/2 ounce or so out of the bottle and it went down very easy.

Bourbon, neat. The stand by is Makers Mark but I like smaller batch/ brewery stuff also.

Rich, I recommend "Kentucky Spirit" by the Wild Turkey distillery. It's tough to find, and a little bit pricey, but it's a nice bourbon.*

*I'm not generally a whiskey drinker, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

I went to a gentleman's bourbon & scotch tasting dinner in early December, and had a chance to try some small batch stuff. My favorite was the "Kentucky Spirit". It's "cask strength", meaning like 100+/- proof; apparently, they add water to most bourbons to bring them down to 80-90 proof.

Again, I'm not a big whiskey drinker, so take my comments with a grain of salt, but if I was going to buy a bottle of bourbon, it would be the Kentucky Spirit.

Currently sipping a homemade apple martini made approximately according to the California Pizza Kitchen recipe. I varied it slightly by putting in a tad more sour apple schnapps and a tad less Midori. It's good, but I think it could be slightly improved by using Cointreau instead of triple sec.

Yeah, I have to confirm that the recipe is slightly better with Cointreau. Originally, it tasted good, but was lacking some bite. Substituting Cointreau for the triple sec seemed to solve that problem.

I'll have to try it from a totally sober perspective to be sure, but I think I'm getting close to the perfect apple martini recipe.

just use this one "I cant drink cuz im in AA"

im sure I could ship you a flask with some nice scotch or wiskey in it...

Some Soldiers tried that. They earned themselves a well deserved GOLR which ended several careers. I think I'll pass. I don't drink alot when I am not deployed anyway so I can live without alcohol.

well, if you get to Kuwait go to the american embassy and swwet talk one of the Embassy Marines into letting you in there private Bar. I have been in it, and let me tell you, you wont leave sober.
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I have no idea what they put in those things but man after 4 I was feelin a whole lotta warm and fuzziness *lol*

I definately believe it does as it's titled if you guys wanna take a challenge ordering it for a lady friend ;O)

^^^ what is a ultimate horny margaritas?? Does it do as its titled

I have no idea what they put in those things but man after 4 I was feelin a whole lotta warm and fuzziness *lol*

I definately believe it does as it's titled if you guys wanna take a challenge ordering it for a lady friend ;O)

noted...

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Hey, I'd love for you to PM me with this info too if you dont mind. The guy I see in NH on the weekends also brews his own beers!

Thanks

If you need a tap I can get you one, we make them here at my dads shop, for Otter Creek Brewery and I built a whole bunch of custom ones (Glow in the dark, seethrough, other cool ones)

Archived