LegacyGT.com

So when is the next local meet?

RuskiTrombone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, there are ruskibears headlights getting ready to be sanded and painted.

Anyone have an idea when our next install date will be projected for?

I'll have my headers and maybe some brake lines and a downpipe. After looking at Steves set, miiighty tempting.

thanks for having all of us over, sorry I couldnt stay longer and get my hands in doing some of the work.

Scoobydude, thanks for all your hospitality and such, it was a pleasure to have a very helpful and nice member on the boards to give everyone a warm welcome.

Nice to meet some new faces and some familar ones ;)

Dre, sorry I couldnt hear your leak, I'll have to do more research on those engine mounts for you.. I'll look into it some more when I get time to put my other RS and WRX on the lifts to take a look why the front clip of a 05 Legacy is soo much different than the 04s and previous models (I know many other older legacy owners did Impreza engine swaps and used the same engine mounts.)

A lot of headlight clearing and painting going on! Thanks Peter for all the prep work.. taping is the annoying part, painting is the easier part. Nice seeing you again, stop by some time and say hi to Ronald, he hasn't seen you in a while.

yeah no worries man, you cant really hear it until its under load and boost :(

oh well prob just have andrewtech take care of it when they do a the header install and fluid flush...

Oh and for the record it looks like i got the wrong motor mounts :( have a new set for an STI coming in a month or two (damn japania why are you so far away?)

Finally got around to posting. Thanks everyone for all their help. I love the cleared headlights. I wish I could have stayed longer and gotten helped a little more, but we got a lot done in one day. We need a continuation.

Also I've got a few pictures I'll get up tonight.

On another note, I didn't realize there were so many locals. It was great to see there is a resource.

The one thing I really feel bad about is that Steve never got anything done to his car. How about a few of us get together and try to get his brake lines on before Christmas?

Hey guys, thanks but please no worries, I'll get them on soon enough enjoy your holidays. I need to call Techna Fit anyway to get the version three lines before I attempt the install. When I do get them I'll post for some help.

Thanks again for your generosity.

~S

I'm in for another meet. I'd like to take my grill off and paint it black. think it would look really nice with my red L7 badge floating in the middle.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Okay, this might be a stretch, but how about the 7th of January for the next installt my place? If you need something installed sooner then let me know on an individual basis via PM and I will do my best to accomodate you.

~S

January 7th at Sterling is where the Dyno Day is occuring by MachV, I am sure I can come by and get your lines installed in a matter of 2 hours tops.

Keefe

Hey guys, thanks but please no worries, I'll get them on soon enough enjoy your holidays. I need to call Techna Fit anyway to get the version three lines before I attempt the install. When I do get them I'll post for some help.

Thanks again for your generosity.

~S

call http://www.brakeswap.com and I can do the install for you on those.. (done my own already).

Keefe

how much do they charge for a header install? I'm looking for alternatives incase I can't do the header install myself. I'm sure it should be pretty simple though with a few extra hands.

Header install is simple.. it's the up-pipe that's more annoying.

I have done headers myself (really easy.. probably THE easiest exhuast work ever).

Keefe

yeah no worries man, you cant really hear it until its under load and boost :(

oh well prob just have andrewtech take care of it when they do a the header install and fluid flush...

Oh and for the record it looks like i got the wrong motor mounts :( have a new set for an STI coming in a month or two (damn japania why are you so far away?)

Which motor mounts did the ones you get????

Just letting everyone know, I can really help out on the brake line install and header install work this time around (just need a really nice breaker bar ;) )..

Keefe

Here are a few pictures of the headlight clearing and halo install I did at the meet. I'm planning on finishing up the 2nd light on Thursday night. I know someone had some worries about how clearing the corners would look on a white car.

1st pic was taken the night of the meet. I think the halos look pretty sweet. It looks really clean. Some may not like it, but to each their own.

2nd pic a front view of a painted/cleared housing and the origional.

3rd pic IMO on a white car, it looks like the headlight is missing something. I might do something to add some orange back into the headlight. It also may look better if my car was CLEAN.

4th pic there is def too much bling in that light, I'm glad I went through painting the housing.

DSC00213.JPG.bcdec499153466e6710f0df941fc0ce4.JPG

DSC00215.JPG.b84578834b069fa1a553d7960e67b7fa.JPG

DSC00217.JPG.2ed4840722af44dbb8b630203cc0191a.JPG

DSC00218.JPG.5b8c0e562a2acfb381523644dd2fa8e3.JPG

Archived