LegacyGT.com

Legacy stablemate???

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn...

European motorcycles... I knew I liked this forum! Speed Triple, Ducatis, and an MV Agusta F4. Damn fine taste. I fell in love with motorcycles because of a Triumph I saw once (tornado red T595 Daytona), and I prefer european bikes in general, even though my current bike is technically japanese. Like a Legacy, it is almost more european in flavor than japanese, and a rare, obscure enthusiast machine.

Legacy GT will be joining the following:

99 Miata - someday turbocharged, or traded for 04-05 Mazdaspeed Miata. If one turbo car is good, two have to be better, right?

89 Honda Hawk GT 650 - pre-dates Monster, SV650, and Speed Triple. one of the first aluminum framed street motorcycles, and first production motorcycle with a single-sided swing arm. Looks as good or better than the above, although older and slower. Handles amazingly well for what it is.

Legacy GT will in all likelyhood replace current 2000 Ranger 4x4. Good truck, but I want back into a car. Badly.

It is kind of interesting how many on here have three and four or more cars. My wife has this thing against owning three cars with just her and I around to drive them... I know, it's odd... :D

Part of me wants to keep the Ranger, but I'd hardly ever look at it if I had a Legacy to drive. It would be nice to haul a christmas tree, or furniture, or whatever, though. Maybe I'll buy a beater truck once the Legacy arrives, and gets comfortable...

Sorry for the essay... Wife is getting tired of hearing me talk about cars, so I gotta talk to somebody...

What -- no love for the Beemer?

:icon_sad:

Sorry... :redface: that MV distracted me with it's siren's song... BMWs are in very good taste, as well.

I actually have a recent soft spot for the R1200S that was just released. If that had the duolever hossack-design front suspension like the K1200S, I would be head-over-heels with it.

I fell in love with motorcycles in 1998 when my freind and I went to a european moto dealer to get parts for his '70 toaster-tank R50/5 BMW, when I saw said brand new tornado red Triumph Daytona polished and sitting in the place of honor in the showroom. [mike myers as wayne campbell]"It will be mine. OH, YES, IT WILL BE MINE!"[/dream sequence]

I still want that bike, and the 06 Speed Triple is even better, aside from the stunted tail. I wish it still had the T595 style tail, actually.

Archived