LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 7th Gen Legacy today?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 12:38 PM, blusubado said:

I finally got my set of Volk Racing CE28SL 18x9.5 5x114.3 +45mm Pressed Graphite! it only took more than a year. they're wrap in 245/45/18 Bridgstone Potenza RE-71R. 

20230804_114333.jpg

20230804_114307.jpg

20230804_113939.jpg

20230804_114008.jpg

Does this setup rub at all on the fenders?

I'm running 245/45-18 on 8.5" wide rims and have no issues  (I'd want something wider on a 9.5" wide rim, but you'd be cutting it close running 255's...  might hit the strut

17 minutes ago, DrD123 said:

I'm running 245/45-18 on 8.5" wide rims and have no issues  (I'd want something wider on a 9.5" wide rim, but you'd be cutting it close running 255's...  might hit the strut

What offset?

Made a trip to AZP Installs (a shop in NJ that specializes in Subarus, which was recommended by someone on this forum, and I now also recommend) install spacers in the back to give a car a bit of a lift and change the angle that was creating a "butt sag". I initially said I wanted the Outback rear springs but Mike of AZP recommended spacers and it worked out very well - the rear sits higher and I expect to no longer be flashed by oncoming cars at night due to my headlights pointing too upward. They also installed the Perrin steering dampener lockdown and transmission mount, but claimed that the STi Group N pitch stop mount did not work with my car so did not end up installing it. 

I would say it's much easier and less expensive to put in 1/2" or 1" spacers in the rear and call it a day.   They would be less expensive and provide you with the lift and subsequent squat back to stock level that you are looking for.  You will have a rake in the rear when not loaded down but that's the nature of the beast.

Here is what we have for you:
Rallitek Rear 1" Spacers
Installation
Hunter Hawkeye Elite Standard 4 Wheel Alignment

On 4/3/2024 at 5:59 PM, cwrx2001 said:

Does this setup rub at all on the fenders?

nope, I've never had a problem. even with over a 1000lbs of concrete and chicken feed bags in the trunk and back seat 🤣