LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 7th Gen Legacy today?

Traded it in, decided I wanted something more engaging again, was really hoping that we’d get at least something out of the aftermarket for these cars. My ‘05 LGT is still one of my favorite cars I’ve owned, figure the new WRXs are about the same size so it should be good to go.

http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/img/subaru14.jpg

Edited by gibjer

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

Traded it in, decided I wanted something more engaging again, was really hoping that we’d get at least something out of the aftermarket for these cars. My ‘05 LGT is still one of my favorite cars I’ve owned, figure the new WRXs are about the same size so it should be good to go.

http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/img/subaru14.jpg

Did they give you a fair price on your trade in?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks great, was the grille piece a pain to wrap?

I have the chrome delete on the way but will try and wrap the grille as well.

It took a try or two (being fairly new at wrapping stuff), but it wasn't too hard. What do you mean when you say you "have the chrome delete on the way"? Are you referring to the Crux kit for the chrome on around the windows and on the mirrors?

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

It took a try or two (being fairly new at wrapping stuff), but it wasn't too hard. What do you mean when you say you "have the chrome delete on the way"? Are you referring to the Crux kit for the chrome on around the windows and on the mirrors?
Yes the Crux kit, I tried before to wrap it with just bulk vinyl but couldn't get a clean cut with the excessive material.

Tried to wrap the grille piece but the area around the emblem is stupid to get right. Also the crease between the upper and bottom part makes it a challenge. Pulled it back off, looked sloppy.

I noticed my chrome fog light trim is bubbling, "great quality". [emoji849]

Going to give the good old plasti dip a shot.091aa7cae2845ccfc5d175973c4d647f.jpgbd75ffb4be1e9bf07d19e5f8d33c31a4.jpg

Tried to wrap the grille piece but the area around the emblem is stupid to get right. Also the crease between the upper and bottom part makes it a challenge. Pulled it back off, looked sloppy.

I noticed my chrome fog light trim is bubbling, "great quality". [emoji849]

Going to give the good old plasti dip a shot.091aa7cae2845ccfc5d175973c4d647f.jpgbd75ffb4be1e9bf07d19e5f8d33c31a4.jpg

Yea, it was quite challenging for me to do as well being new to vinyl. It was probably the 3rd try at cutting out the right shape when I finally got it. I then used the backing from the right hand side vinyl as a template for the left. It's not perfect, so eventually, I'll probably buy another sheet of vinyl and do it again. Next time, I think I might cut up a piece of poster board as a template. I've also considered using Plasti-dip as that worked well on the grill of my 2018 Forester XT.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

'21 Limited XT

Yea, it was quite challenging for me to do as well being new to vinyl. It was probably the 3rd try at cutting out the right shape when I finally got it. I then used the backing from the right hand side vinyl as a template for the left. It's not perfect, so eventually, I'll probably buy another sheet of vinyl and do it again. Next time, I think I might cut up a piece of poster board as a template. I've also considered using Plasti-dip as that worked well on the grill of my 2018 Forester XT.

Thanks, I never even thought about using a template, just slapped it on there and tried to cut it out right haha. I'll have to give it another try sometime.

The Crux chrome delete worked flawlessly, went way faster than I thought. The vinyl they use is fastly superior than the "vvivid" brand it seems.

Damnnnnn, I should’ve went that route, i did mine with plastidip, took me a good 8 hours, and most of that was prep work

c41c6e78a06bcba0c228701604b5b9fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It maybe took me 2h at the most, even came with 2 sets of mirror and that rear "C" shaped part in case you mess up.

Over the weekend, installed a license plate bracket from C&C CarWorx

(https://www.mycarworx.com/store/responsive_site/LegacySedan_2020_FtLicPltAsmbly.html)

and more chrome deletes from the front by replacing the stock fog light covers with new ones for the Sport trim level (part numbers: 57731AN07A & 57731AN06A).

For reference - Before:

picture.php?albumid=2852&pictureid=12989

After:

picture.php?albumid=2852&pictureid=12995

Edited by LBSypher

'21 Limited XT

(https://www.mycarworx.com/store/responsive_site/LegacySedan_2020_FtLicPltAsmbly.html)

and more chrome deletes from the front by replacing the stock fog light covers with new ones for the Sport trim level (part numbers: 57731AN07A & 57731AN06A).

For reference - Before:

After:

How do they detach? Does just the chrome piece pop out of the whole bezel? Would be much easier for painting as my chrome is bubbling.

The chrome pieces have two screws and several snap fittings. I can take a picture and post it if you'd like. You will have to take the whole cover off to get to it. That's held on by a plastic screw and a bolt that are also holding the fog light in and another metal screw is behind the bumper cover. You'll need the car on ramps / jacked up so that you can get the panel under the bumper out of the way and get your arm up and behind the bumper.

'21 Limited XT

Where did you get the res accenting from?

For reference - Before:

After:

Where did you get the red accenting from?

Man I wish they had this for the 6th gen. Took me 10 hours to chrome delete with vinyl...knifeless tape...95 degree heat...it was brutal. Love the result tho.
If caddygti16v is like me, we both used vinyl to cover the chrome.

'21 Limited XT