LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 7th Gen Legacy today?

Yeah I did too but had to do it myself because there was no "kit." (2019).
I didn't have a kit either. But maybe you meant the window trim kit that caddygti16v used.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

I’ve installed a Perrin pitch stop mount and steering dampener, from nameless I’ve installed an 18-19 legacy axelback exhaust, strut tower bar, and battery tie down. Installed hella horns as well. And yellow fog light tint (vinyl)ef6b61db185c74507978a0212ba7d21d.jpg

ad7fd7d5e5013da84e4a25308f2572e6.jpg

f338e84788ba1663c0103260dae77072.jpg

3bb760d72a408cf0840c105e7f497926.jpg

d1d88762e4859ea2a3c5b5f61d651701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What part number is that exhaust cover? Is it 57731CA*B?

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the front lip I got from a member of the 2020-2022 Subaru Legacy group on Fb.

picture.php?albumid=2852&pictureid=13010

picture.php?albumid=2852&pictureid=13011

From what I understand, it was a prototype of the lip Variant Aero now sells for the 7th Gen Legacy.

https://www.variantaero.com/?fbclid=IwAR0jJxWHCHDuVyU49hxQNlwTBlYxfD36vVjwxuOLziAsqSCwTuuHqg576UQ

'21 Limited XT

Anyone installed a hood gas strut? I can’t believe in this day and age we still have to hold the hood up with that metal rod. The upgraded so many other aspects of the car, but that one just seems to remain…. If anyone upgraded a 7th gen to fast struts, where’d you get them? And what specs?

Anyone installed a hood gas strut? I can’t believe in this day and age we still have to hold the hood up with that metal rod. The upgraded so many other aspects of the car, but that one just seems to remain…. If anyone upgraded a 7th gen to fast struts, where’d you get them? And what specs?

I posted the below previously in the thread. There's a lot of speculation as to why Subaru used to put hood struts on their cars and seems to be getting away from it. Some say it's because they can explode in the case of an engine fire, others say it's because they mess up the crumple zone, others say it's to cut costs. Who knows why, but the Redline Tuning struts have been working great for me.

My projects from this past weekend:

Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT struts

picture.php?albumid=2852&pictureid=12991

'21 Limited XT

I posted the below previously in the thread. There's a lot of speculation as to why Subaru used to put hood struts on their cars and seems to be getting away from it. Some say it's because they can explode in the case of an engine fire, others say it's because they mess up the crumple zone, others say it's to cut costs. Who knows why, but the Redline Tuning struts have been working great for me.

I see you have the turbo engine. And looks like no issues at all with the gas struts.

• 2 weeks later...
Put this oil cap and battery tie down on from the 21 WRX I had on the 2022 Legacy......Battery tie down was too small and was pressing down on the top of the battery....I took it off after I took the picture.....

GetAttachmentThumbnail.thumb.jpg.2f25131db4d8003dbb3433654e1ecac3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
None at all. The first day, maybe. Installing the rainguards (OEM) requires that you pull down the weather stripping on the top of the window. Then, place the guard, which has 2 clips. After that, replace the stripping. However, this causes the windows to not close all the way. There was definitely noise then! However, you heat it a bit with a heat gun (or leave it out in the sun for a while) and it molds around those clips. Windows close perfectly now, and no noticeable road noise now.

• 2 weeks later...

Rally Armor mud flaps, speakers/sub, shadow black hyper dipped the rims and anything chrome/silver, emblem overlays, dash cam in the front, LED turn signals, those sick Subaru logos for the puddle lights, replaced any non-LED cabin lights, 18 LED bar in the trunk, and Govee led strips in footwells/under front seats.

Waiting on tint, wheel center cap overlays, hood struts, and need to install the rear camera.

Kv1HBL3.jpeg

ng8wE7R.jpg

N4nmSzt.jpg

Edited by roughriduz