LegacyGT.com

hotchkiss sway bar and kart boy end links

hmm.. I didn't use them before, so its weird, because they fit fine without it. Seems like it would make more sense in the rear because the tabs on my bars bent, I had to heat and hammer the shit out of them to bend them back.

i see people using one spacer per side, looks that way in the above picture. I tried it and didn't like it , so i used two. Thanks for all the info guys! The bolts went right in didn't have to use a jack or anything.

drivel.thumb.jpg.276f7731a98bc8623e4ec4ca2962f427.jpg

passel.thumb.jpg.9b62e86de644ac59fdc8a4cc9ba2c26c.jpg

Edited by Tehnation

for anyone who needs new hardware.

I went to home depot to get the bolts and washers, then autozone for the locking nuts.

-pack of 2 bolts m10-1.5 65mm half thread grade 8 are 8$

-pack of 25 of 3/8" washers 4$

-pack of 5 locking m10-1.5 grade 10 nuts 4 dollars.

The bolts that came with kartboys are grade 10 i believe and the ones at home depot are grade 8. If you don't have the kartboy spacers, you could probably stack 3 or 4 of these washers if your desperate.

1137476531_swaybarbolts.thumb.jpg.1e1557e4029528ba7e78372ece0918b9.jpg

Edited by Tehnation

Hole closest to the end of sway bar for the softest setting. Think of it from a leverage perspective.

Just a heads up, grade 8.8 metric is the equivalent of grade 5 SAE. 10.9=8 SAE. I think you’d be better off running a 10.9 at an endlink. Your call though, I always overbuild.

i guess we are going to find out if they hold up lol!!! I used those in the front, the rear ones I have the kartboy rebuild kit bolts, I needed something now. I shoulda went to pep boys, they have a wider assortment of nuts and bolts.... will throw that on the list, but I will wait and see... its hot as balls outside, and I just want to get the suspension done so i can put my interior back together. This car needs to move asap, I gotta redo my driveway, its been over 3 years since ive redone the driveway cause this piece of shit has been sitting in one spot unable to move. Still gotta get insurance, registration, inspection, tuned and dynoed.

Thanks for the info, didn't realize there were two ratings one for sae and metric. At least the nuts are good ROFL!!!

https://www.fastenermart.com/understanding-fastener-grades-and-classes.html

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/common-automotive-fasteners-guide/

Edited by Tehnation

seriously, screw you.... omw to nappa.... lol

You are 100% right... better to be safe than sorry, or do it again, especially for 15 bucks or so.

Edited by Tehnation

andddd nappa doesn't have it ....

amazon to the rescue! Ordered these guys but they are flanged. what do you guys think?

https://www.amazon.com/U-Turn-M10-1-50-Flange-Bolt-Yellow/dp/B07JG64LQ8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=m10x1.50+65mm+bolt&qid=1595352827&sr=8-1

Edited by Tehnation