LegacyGT.com

Does the "new" Cobb AccessTuner let you delete CELs ?

jp233

I'm trying to figure out how to delete the TGV codes.

Car has a custom tune on it due to VF52 turbo, don't really want to mess with it really. Just want to get the dang idiot light off and enable back the cruise control.

Now that Cobb wants you to take their $149 university course to even download the Accesstuner software, I don't know if it's worth it, and Cobb won't say whether that can even be done.

It needs to be disabled in the tune....codes will come back if not .

That's exactly what the OP is asking...

OP, assuming the newer versions aren't much different than the older versions, then the answer to your question is "yes."

I can confirm the new versions do allow you to turn off DTC codes; I have the TGV codes and neutral position codes turned off on my tune. The only issue is you need to pay $150 or whatever to take their training course in order to gain access.

Luckily I was able to contact them directly and reference an old copy of ATR I had that no longer was supported, and they provided me the updated copy for free. Loophole I guess.

That's exactly my situation.... I had AccessRace or whatever it was called back then (circa 2013?), but lost the disc and then the machine it was on went Kaput.

Wish I could get out of another $149 for their ECU University training just to get my hands on software that I used to own, but whatever.... guess I'll take this plunge,

I guess it beats starting over with an E-Tune although it would be great to do some data logging and have an E-tuner maybe ensure that it's never going to blow up like the last one did, maybe find a few ponies based on this different altitude I'm at, probably some minor differences in the fuel between here and there, etc.