LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

I read a stat the other day, that 80% of kids under 12 have already had it.

Ive read that too. My kids were sick most of the winter, never tested positive for Covid but we had to take our youngest to the ER 3 times. We think he might be asthmatic but his doctor says hes too young to tell.

I read a stat the other day, that 80% of kids under 12 have already had it.

My fiancée has two nieces, around 2.5 and 5 years old. They go to daycare a few days per week and they've each had it at least once. First time, one tested positive with moderate symptoms, other had minor symptoms but tested negative. Second time was the opposite.

I've lost track of how many additional exposures they've had, either from daycare employees or from other kids.

Found a pic of Nils' kidf3d648b8f07c25f3bb777b5e42feeda8.jpg

Bork Bork

Speaking of little monsters my wife and I found out about a week after we got here that We'll be having our first kid. So much for getting back into the car scene....

• 2 weeks later...

NASA/JPL's Voyager 1 spacecraft launched 45 years ago this August. Here is just one of the thousands of spectacular images Voyager returned to Earth (Jupiter, 1979):

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fiancée and I are working on building a house. We had an offer accepted on a lot a couple months ago (and locked in our interest rate). We're very close to finalizing our plans, then will submit for the building permit.

So far it's been fun but stressful. We've mostly been on the same page with things, but there have also been some...spirited discussions. Once we submit for permits we'll start selecting all of our finishes which I'm sure will get very tedious very quickly.

If things go smoothly, should be moving in around this time next year.

The lot is about 20-25 minutes northeast of where we currently live in Baltimore. It's on the waterfront (Chesapeake Bay) and the lot already has a bulkhead and pier. We'll be getting some kayaks and maybe a jonboat shortly after we move in, and then getting a bigger boat a couple years after. Probably around a 24' bowrider. 

• Like 2

• I Donated
1 hour ago, stm25rs said:

Fiancée and I are working on building a house. We had an offer accepted on a lot a couple months ago (and locked in our interest rate). We're very close to finalizing our plans, then will submit for the building permit.

So far it's been fun but stressful. We've mostly been on the same page with things, but there have also been some...spirited discussions. Once we submit for permits we'll start selecting all of our finishes which I'm sure will get very tedious very quickly.

If things go smoothly, should be moving in around this time next year.

The lot is about 20-25 minutes northeast of where we currently live in Baltimore. It's on the waterfront (Chesapeake Bay) and the lot already has a bulkhead and pier. We'll be getting some kayaks and maybe a jonboat shortly after we move in, and then getting a bigger boat a couple years after. Probably around a 24' bowrider. 

Oh you fancy, huh?

Baltimore County or Harford County?

• Like 1

Not planning on having kids, so that helps with the budget! We also offered significantly less than asking price, and the sellers accepted, so I think we got pretty lucky. 

It's in Baltimore County, Middle River area.

We had looked at a bunch of waterfront houses before going the build route. Didn't really like the older (~1950s and earlier) houses, which are mostly split levels or small cape cods. We also looked at some newer builds which had the nice open floor plans we wanted, but those were in neighborhoods we didn't like as much.