LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

I became friends with the truck (carrier) driver. He been doing it for over 26 years. I just want to make sure the Legacy will reach to my father in-law in Texas, safe. At least I know it's in good hands.

After work I need to head over to the post office so I can send the documents for the Legacy.

Given the reliability of the postal services these days it's almost the biggest risk of that venture.

453747.png

I don't get paid for my spare time, so if I can't save a couple hundred bucks for repair vs replace, that's my preference

Looks like it could be a Grohe / HansGrohe or Damixa.

hansgrohe-avstangningsventil.jpg

https://www.vvsochbad.se/hansgrohe-avstangningsventil-varm-sida-661505

damixa-keramikinsats-varm.jpg

https://www.vvsochbad.se/damixa-keramikinsats-varm-409569

Notice that the cold and hot side might be slightly different.

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

Thanks Mr Euro

Now I'm more confused though. Put the old cartridge back in for the meantime....and no water.

With the cartridge out, if I open the shutoff valve, water comes out of the handle connection area.

So maybe there's some sort of blockage between the handle and the tap?

The hot side, which I haven't messed with yet, still flows properly

Welp, I feel stupid now.

When I first tried to remove the cartridge, I wasn't holding the faucet thread in place.

Which resulted in it spinning and kinking the supply from handle to tap

The Home Depot cartridge is installed and works just fine, despite the slight difference in dimensions

e6fe8f129f002ebf7b0ca0af2259d4a1.jpg

Edited by stm25rs

Welp, I feel stupid now.

When I first tried to remove the cartridge, I wasn't holding the faucet thread in place.

Which resulted in it spinning and kinking the supply from handle to tap

Been there, done that...

Most of us DIY people have made some kind of oopsie. It's figuring out what went wrong and fix it that's the big deal.

453747.png

• I Donated
Been there, done that...

Most of us DIY people have made some kind of oopsie. It's figuring out what went wrong and fix it that's the big deal.

Well, the expensive oopsies are always the best :lol: Had a couple of those on my LGT back in the day.

There's also the time I wasn't being careful enough when I was pulling an old wire out of a breaker panel, and I managed to short the ground wire against the bus bar :eek: Luckily, no lasting damage from that one except a smudge on one of the lenses of my glasses.

... I was pulling an old wire out of a breaker panel, and I managed to short the ground wire against the bus bar ...

Working on a hot panel is never a good idea.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Sometimes you do not have an option, especially if the only disconnect is the meter. Been there, done that. Recently, I needed to replace a shorted 240 volt breaker in the outside Main, which powers the breaker box for the pool equipment. The problem was the pool breaker was behind the main power cables from the power company before the breakers. It was either, have the power company come out to disconnect the meter or just do it. So I had to work around the cables to replace the breaker, yes, it could have dangerous consequences but I do have lot of experience, but still was very scary.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is good for the Soul.

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

• I Donated
Sometimes you do not have an option, especially if the only disconnect is the meter. Been there, done that. Recently, I needed to replace a shorted 240 volt breaker in the outside Main, which powers the breaker box for the pool equipment. The problem was the pool breaker was behind the main power cables from the power company before the breakers. It was either, have the power company come out to disconnect the meter or just do it. So I had to work around the cables to replace the breaker, yes, it could have dangerous but I do have lot of experience, but still was very scary.

Well that just sounds like so many code violations bundled into one. Kind of impressive how many ways that setup violates code, actually.

Working on a hot panel is never a good idea.

I have done it, but it was only one lead hot so just cap it off and get to work.

The other day we had an interesting issue at work - a 500A safety breaker got shot. Alu cabling in an environment seeing temperature swings isn't optimal.

453747.png

Well that just sounds like so many code violations bundled into one. Kind of impressive how many ways that setup violates code, actually.
To be honest, I was cussing out the idiot electrician that had the intelligence of a cucumber decided to install the breaker behind the thick main cables. Also the builder installed the pool, so it had to pass inspection. I had no choice to reinstall it in the original position because of the backplate( no extra slots available). Big empty Power Main Box and a very tiny backplate.

I do not give a second thought working on Main House, Pool, Sprinkler, A/C Boxes but the Power Main, I prefer to not have my hand near there.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is good for the Soul.

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Been watching Clarkson's Farm on Amazon prime.

Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear/Grand Tour trying his hand at running a farm. Pretty entertaining, especially as a long time Top Gear fan. Pretty interesting seeing Clarkson being taken down a few pegs, and being truly humbled by the struggles of farming.

I saw what I think was an 82-87 El Camino Diesel today. The mode with the tail lights in the bumper. Must be a pretty unusual variant today.

It was a diesel - both stated on the tail gate and indicated by the diesel-blue smoke when accelerating.

453747.png

• I Donated
I saw what I think was an 82-87 El Camino Diesel today. The mode with the tail lights in the bumper. Must be a pretty unusual variant today.

It was a diesel - both stated on the tail gate and indicated by the diesel-blue smoke when accelerating.

The early-80s GM diesel (to be specific, its abysmal reliability and driveability) was what killed passenger-car diesel engines in the US for 30 years. Surprised it's still running.

GM also killed the diesel after a couple of years, so unless they started outsourcing their engines to another company in Europe, my guess is it's 1985 or earlier.

1983 they came in a 5.7L Diesel (571 was built). In 1984 they also came with the LF9 Diesel (98 was built).

I know they swap out the 305 for the 6.2L Diesel. My cousin had a 70's one back in the day with a 502 in it.

The pressure from my wife (father in-law is getting upset and putting the pressure on my wife). My god he is getting a FREE vehicle (I paid for everything). The driver just text me and said it will arrive in 1 hour. I understand his frustration. The vehicle suppose to be deliver since yesterday. Oh well soon I need to transfer the money to the driver.

All I ask for him to transfer the title to his name and get Texas plates and send me my plates back so I can cut the insurance off and return my plates back.

The pressure from my wife (father in-law is getting upset and putting the pressure on my wife). My god he is getting a FREE vehicle (I paid for everything). The driver just text me and said it will arrive in 1 hour. I understand his frustration. The vehicle suppose to be deliver since yesterday. Oh well soon I need to transfer the money to the driver.

All I ask for him to transfer the title to his name and get Texas plates and send me my plates back so I can cut the insurance off and return my plates back.

Dollars to donuts the first thing your FIL will do is go pick up the boys and go on a raging cruise to knock down mailboxes and show the boys across the tracks who is faster...with your plates still on the car. :spin:

---

The best part after the vehicle arrived they wanted cash in hands but in my contract it said wire transfer. So much arguments. I called the broker and it was in my contract. The broker had to get involved. Now the owner of the Carrier apologies. What a crooked system.

The best part after the vehicle arrived they wanted cash in hands but in my contract it said wire transfer. So much arguments. I called the broker and it was in my contract. The broker had to get involved. Now the owner of the Carrier apologies. What a crooked system.

Well, I have seen some interesting stuff when watching some trucking videos, but to me cash in hand signals that the carrier attempts to duck taxes.

453747.png