LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Our hallway bath project has been postponed for 15 years because we were broke after fixing everything else. Now its falling down (literally taped a shower curtain up to keep the wall in place).

me: ok the bathroom needs to be redone. its time

wife: well we need to replace the floor on the other bathroom first because i don't like the color/texture

me: whaa

wife: what color should the new flooring be?

wife: I bought flooring today. how come you haven't installed it yet? I sent you a youtube on how to do it without removing any fixtures

me whaa

wife: the hallway bath is falling apart because you haven't put in the new flooring in the other bathroom. how come its takes so long for you to do projects?

me: *dialing* divorce lawyer

Our hallway bath project has been postponed for 15 years because we were broke after fixing everything else. Now its falling down (literally taped a shower curtain up to keep the wall in place).

me: ok the bathroom needs to be redone. its time

wife: well we need to replace the floor on the other bathroom first because i don't like the color/texture

wife: what color should the new flooring be?

wife: I bought flooring today. how come you haven't installed it yet? I sent you a youtube on how to do it without removing any fixtures

me whaa

wife: the hallway bath is falling apart because you haven't put in the new flooring in the other bathroom. how come its takes so long for you to do projects?

me: *dialing* divorce lawyer

Cheaper to keep her....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

unfortunately :)

Just run through enough of a project while spouse is away so it's a matter of fact when she comes home.

:hide:

453747.png

We redid our master bath in 2019-2020. That was a fun project. Made a half bath into a full. While we were at it, we redid (sheetrock, trim , and floors) in our master and our son's room. Our house looked like Kosovo for 3 months.

The master bathroom will get new tile and countertops, fixtures, going to paint and reface the cabinets. Want to install a fan vent light combo where the existing light by the shower is now. Right now it's over her sink which is a weird place for it.

Other than that probably the biggest thing we're going to do is remove the existing walk-in shower and glass doors and replace it with a tiled floor to Ceiling shower, there's even room to bring it out a few inches. Wife likes the glass doors that open like a normal door. Wants to ditch the slider doors because the mildew in the tracks is hard to clean and looks like crap when it builds up

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

with a bit of engineering, it's possible to skip the door altogether on a floor ceiling shower stall. My folks house has two of them. not messing with doors or curtains is really nice

I built my wife a walk through shower with a soaker tub on the other side in one house we had. No glass, no doors, it was awesome.

The master bathroom will get new tile and countertops, fixtures, going to paint and reface the cabinets. Want to install a fan vent light combo where the existing light by the shower is now. Right now it's over her sink which is a weird place for it.

Might need to pull a new breaker for that. Also throw in a heating unit. Good for those chilly mornings.

Most bathrooms have heat around here, cant speak to PNW bathrooms though. Heated floors are really nice in a bathroom though!

Consult with your local code enforcement dept... Likely ok on the exhaust fan depending on the wiring and breaker in place already.

Most bathrooms have heat around here, cant speak to PNW bathrooms though. Heated floors are really nice in a bathroom though!

Consult with your local code enforcement dept... Likely ok on the exhaust fan depending on the wiring and breaker in place already.

Oh heated floor is going in mine during the remodel.

The broker came through (Today was a bust). I finally got a carrier locked in for Weds for the Legacy. There coming from Orlando, Florida. It was little more but not much. The Carrier been in business for 12 plus years.

I already did a quick detailing on the exterior and clean the engine bay. Maybe later on today I clean the rims.

Finally quit my job. Was in a holding pattern with the new job, thanks to the drug screening clinic uploading my results to the wrong vendor account. Ended up having to do a second drug test. Good thing I didn't sample the legal weed at the Seattle wedding.

Gave my 2 weeks notice on Monday (I was on vacation last week), and they had me come in yesterday (Tuesday) for my exit interview. They did it in a hurry since I'm going to a direct competitor.

Start date will be Oct 4.

Gonna use the time off to get some stuff done around the house that I've been putting off. New kitchen cabinet hinges, bathroom faucet cartridges, clean and repoint marble steps.....and I'm sure there are other things I'll think of.

I became friends with the truck (carrier) driver. He been doing it for over 26 years. I just want to make sure the Legacy will reach to my father in-law in Texas, safe. At least I know it's in good hands.

After work I need to head over to the post office so I can send the documents for the Legacy.

Brand?
Unsure. Nothing on the handles or faucet itself. I'll check under the sink to see if there's any identification there.

Took the cartridge to a local plumbing specialty shop and they identified it as a 20 point Euro style broach.

There's one other plumbing shop I want to check with. If no luck there, I'll reach out to the company that did the renovation in '07 (before I owned the house) and pray they have any records.

His and hers sinks. One of the handles is dribbling water, the others are just hard to turn.

Maybe vinegar soak will do the trick with them.

Lots of time spent it seems. If they are from '07 they have served pretty well by today's standards. Could have just replaced/updated both faucets by now with the time invested? Just a thought....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk