LegacyGT.com

Have you noticed that people are backing off?

I am currently in a loaner Impala while the wife’s Volvo is in the shop (long and expensive story).

Anyway, something I have noticed, when driving the OBXT it is getting rarer and rarer for people to challenge me at lights, on the rood etc.. Not that I want to drag race but it seems that people sort of back off to the point that cars just get out of my way. It is not uncommon for me to see an aggressive driver pull BEHIND the OBXT instead of suffering defeat at the hands of a station wagon. This happened the other night with a z4.

However, when driving the aforementioned v70 and the now the Impala I have noticed that everybody and their uncle wants to race or at least pull ahead of me.

Now I live in Colorado where Subies are common. VERY common. Could it be that that drivers of these other vaunted performance makes (bmw, Audi etc) are realizing that they don’t have a chance?

Guest *Jedimaster*
I find that the people at work who drive "hot cars" ask a lot of questions and don't seem willing to run them. I think they're afraid of Subarus with hoodscoops in general courtesy of your friendly neighborhood WRX/STi. Plus they all know my penchant for station wagons with "You just got beat by a wagon" on the back and the muscle to back it up :cool:

yes

maybe

Actually I find I largely get ignored. Which is good because I don't want to bother. It's more fun to suddenly surprise someone in their expensive german sporty car anyway.

Very true. When I'm in the OBXT (I get it back soon) I don't notice it. It just seems that when I am driving some obviously slower cars, the "ultimate driving machines" tend to appear out of nowhere with a a bone to pick.

I'll race ya :). If I was behind you, I would give you a run for your money.

I honestly don't see many people pushing it around me, I think the OBXT is the ultimate sleeper. I feel I hardly get noticed by the STi/WRX folks as well.....if they only knew....

Very true. When I'm in the OBXT (I get it back soon) I don't notice it. It just seems that when I am driving some obviously slower cars, the "ultimate driving machines" tend to appear out of nowhere with a a bone to pick.

+ 11-ty billion

I had an 03 Accord V6 before my Subie, and I I got taunted alot more in that than I do my Subie wagon. I mean I actually want people to taunt me now, but I don't even get a second look.

Where I live Legacy GT's area really rare, there are mostly Forresters and OB's, in fact I have yet to see a Legacy wagon and it has been a month since I have owned mine. The only race I have had so far was with a BMW M3, figured I would bite off more than could chew, but surprisingly he could not shake me.

I don't think there is much out there that could take this car down without at least a spirited challenge.

But mostly I just think it is the fact Subaru does a poor poor job letting the masses know how good their product really is, so most peopl don't even know what under the hood. Most cars out there I know the horse and the torque, before I got my Subie I would've never guessed it was 250/250. Get on the ball Subaru, ya can't get by on looks and AWD alone!

Sleepers are good though.

Kinda hard for me to shake wannabees with my license plate BOXRPWR.

I'm sick of the Accord V-6s, Camrys, and countless American boatmobiles wanting to take a shot. Its hard, but I'm learning to just let them get their thrills with a "kill."

Trying to limit my excursions to semi-legitimate challengers. But I must admit, there's no way I can pass up a good romp with any BMW or M-B sedan.

I tend to pick on Mustang GTs. I just have some subconcious need to make mustang owners look bad... I guess it's cuz they think they're the king's sh!t now that f-bodies are no longer made. I have yet to lose to one in my car, and I've raced several. lol.

I think part of the problem is our car looks too much like a camry/civic. It's the "why bother" attitude. I would never race a car unless I thought it was a) a challange or b) a billy-bad-ass mustang driver. lol.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I'm thinking that word is finally getting out. I live near a college town, so the upper crust are all cruising in BMW's and Audi's, and, they're Younger, no one likes massaging a throttle like college kids... But no one ever tried fronting even on my L... I get a lot of stares though... :) I love best, those highway Klingons, you know those guys.. the ones who when behind you want to attach their car to your bumper 'cause you can't go fast enough, but once in front they go 5mph slower than you were... I love mashing my foot through the floorboard and dusting them.. and then we get to the corners..while they're making love to their break's I'm rolling on the gas...

I dunno... If I met me, or another Leggy, I'd leave well enough alone..

heh.. funny this morning, I come upon a '05 OB 2.5i with a Mom type driving. She's just tooling along and I come by (a tad faster than her), and she pulled out and trained with me for about 30 miles. I love that we inspire eachother when we meet.. Subys that is. :)

I smoked several 'Stangs at the strip Saturday night...pretty entertaining. Pretty funny since I have an '89 LX that ran 11's in its heyday. I've always been a Mustang guy, and still love them, but I have little use for wannabes that bolt on everything in sight and still can't get out of the 14s.

I'm debadged except for the trunk emblem, and all night long people were asking what kind of car it was. "Dood, that thing's fast!" :D

I smoked several 'Stangs at the strip Saturday night...pretty entertaining. Pretty funny since I have an '89 LX that ran 11's in its heyday. I've always been a Mustang guy, and still love them, but I have little use for wannabes that bolt on everything in sight and still can't get out of the 14s.

I'm debadged except for the trunk emblem, and all night long people were asking what kind of car it was. "Dood, that thing's fast!" :D

lol I had an 05 mustang driver come over and shake my hand when I beat him at the track last weekend. Since he was a nice guy, I appologized for the beating. Also got props after running a 12.2-ish sprayed '04 gto. "quite the sleeper" he said. indeed. :icon_tong

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Only cars that routinely challenge are:

SRT4:lol::lol:

Mustang GT's:lol:

Riced out civics:lol::lol::lol:

I am the only 05 GT wagon in the area, so the sleeper image is out of the bag. Had alot of interest @ the show on saturday night. 3 Subies...2 STI's & Me!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Guest *Jedimaster*
I tend to pick on Mustang GTs.

Me too. One guy keeps saying with trepidation, "Is your car really that fast?". Nobody wants to be seen getting smoked by the Millenium Wagon :lol:

Archived