LegacyGT.com

Have you noticed that people are backing off?

I don't tend to get challenged too often. People in this area truly have NO idea what my car is (esp. since it's debadged).

I did have fun with a BMW 3-Series convertible one night. I think his GF was getting miffed while he kept trying to catch up to me. And last night I had a fun little run with a 996 C4S who was probably pretty surprised that he couldn't gain much ground on me!

Other than that, though, not much attention is given to my little Subie. I like it that way. The way I tend to drive, the less attention the better!

I ended up surprises a guy in a 2002-2003 WRX they other night on the way home from Gatlinburg on the interstate. He had springs, exhaust, etc...most typical mods from what I could tell...nothing major I dont think...

he and his buddies are still probably trying to figure that one out.

I love the sleeper look. A wagon would be even better. In my area alot of mustangs & ricers, couple srt4s- like butt holes everyone has one out here. I wish more would come & play. Im just not sure if they dont know or they want nothing to do w/me(us). No mustang has tried to play. well mybe once it was messing a STI- so joined the fun- stange went home crying & the STI stayed up alnight thinking what did that guy do to his car? Im sure they would like to see a AWD burn out..... who wouldnt right at least that gives them a chance to see what there up against. Or a little turbo song- hhhmmm that noise sounded pretty evil.... i dont know about this.lol

^ Maybe you and I should trade places to live! :)

I'm a very sedate driver on local surface streets. Too many residential neighborhoods, too many kids, too much enforcement - it's just not worth it for me to plant the happy pedal.

But for some strange reason, it seems like every mid-20s to late-30s male (like me) who has a somewhat "dressed up" import "sports-sedan" flies by me or tries to goad me into taking off at the light.... That and the four-mega-gazillion-ton pickup truck and SUV crowd. :( I'm tired of it already! If I wanted to speed, I've got photographic proof courtesy of a TN State Trooper that I'd do that well enough! :lol:

Leave me alone! Let me drive my local commutes and run my errands in-peace!

Just because I have the power to have some fun doesn't mean that I'm gonna use it unwisely on heavily traveled public streets!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I love the sleeper look. A wagon would be even better.

If the XT wagon didn't have the hood scoop I might have bought it instead of the 3.0R wagon. Sleepiness is good especially when dealing with uniformed personnel.

I'm content to take off the 3.0R badge and let people think it's a 4 cylinder.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

If the XT wagon didn't have the hood scoop I might have bought it instead of the 3.0R wagon. Sleepiness is good especially when dealing with uniformed personnel.

I'm content to take off the 3.0R badge and let people think it's a 4 cylinder.

I've mentioned this 100 times already, but I took the 2.5 GT emblem off the whale's butt and just left "Legacy". I want people to think it's just the 2.5i. That way it's less heaty, and more confusing to others as I fly off.

When I had the WRX, there were plenty of people who wanted to run me (0-55mph or at the track, of course :icon_bigg). I get that much less with the LGT. (Well, a few takers but their rear end winds up tasting my shoe)

I was thinking of getting rid of the 2.5 emblem on the back (actually converting '2.5 GT' to 'GT2') but I think it is even more humiliating to flash by and let them know they got smoked by a '150 c.i. 4 banger with a bolt-on cuisinart'....

Jedi, where'd you get your license plate frame?

Days of getting by WRX's are likely over with the new '06 2.5 turbo. I am thinking of a buying and modifying to Stage II a new WRX wagon in a few years.

Nobody knows the LGT in Virginia. I get picked on constantly by bling dudes in Golfs and Civies, not to mention the obligatory 325i.

Archived