LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

So the article says that no deaths were reported, which is the main reason for getting vaccinated. Sure you'll have a few uncomfortable days, or not, and then get on with your life.

I would like to see data as to what each individual was vaccinated with.

---

So the article says that no deaths were reported, which is the main reason for getting vaccinated. Sure you'll have a few uncomfortable days, or not, and then get on with your life.

I would like to see data as to what each individual was vaccinated with.

how long each had had the second shot? which vaccine ended up in the hospital?

as usual, short on details, high on inflammatory reporting that drives desire to get vaccinated down. It's like its a game to the CDC

Here is information from the CDC itself:

Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021

Interestingly, while the number of un-vaccinated people who tested positive were 26%, they only represent 20% (1 out of 5) of the people who were hospitalized. I would venture to guess because more of the un-vaccinated people are younger, have healthier immune systems, and less co-morbidities.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

As long as the vaccination keeps most that fall ill out of hospitals it's an improvement. A vaccination won't make you immortal.

Without vaccination humanity would however get "filtered" so that only those with the right genetics would pass through. That's the way nature works, natural selection, Darwin at work. With the vaccinations slowing it down just means that it will take longer.

Only way to really kill off the virus and the mutations totally is total isolation in small groups for several months and nobody cheating.

453747.png

You have to get the right person. My first shot hurt more than the second one. The second one was administered by a super hot woman. She was really delicate. The first one was administered by a dude that looked like Boss Hog. That one hurt for days.

YMMV

It was a dude. He actually did a good job. Just got a little bit of a sore arm like any other vaccine I got. Still went to the gym 24 hrs later. Felt fine.

Hopefully, second shot will be similar. We shall see.

"Among fully vaccinated symptomatic persons, the median interval from completion of ≥14 days after the final vaccine dose to symptom onset was 86 days (range = 6–178 days)"

Guess I'm masking up full-time again.

We went out for dinner yesterday. nearly everyone we saw was masked up. Startling change from a month ago, where no one was masked.

"Among fully vaccinated symptomatic persons, the median interval from completion of ≥14 days after the final vaccine dose to symptom onset was 86 days (range = 6–178 days)"

Guess I'm masking up full-time again.

We went out for dinner yesterday. nearly everyone we saw was masked up. Startling change from a month ago, where no one was masked.

Between the rise in Covid and Wildfire smoke coming from the West, the East Coast should probably start masking up again...I swear the Air index a couple days ago was in the yellow, red...not great :mad:

Also free drugs. With the legalization of heroin and other hard drugs, addiction is up. So, we the people, have created free clinics to wean ppl off the drugs. this is done by giving them less potent versions of the drug.

Perhaps we should enforce having a covid vaccination card to get free heroin?

Been trying to convince an ex-coworker who's starting a federal government job in a month or so to get vaccinated. He has a EE from a decent school. He gets his news from the internet. Facts are not relevant. He's vitally concerned about Pres. Biden's statement about forcing federal employees to be vaccinated. I asked him if he actually read his contract and the referenced documents. He's going to be a real asset. Today's question was whether the Constitution would protect federal employees from such heavy handed tactics.

Upshot . After 4 days and dozens of actual data/statistics/research/etc, he's

going to pass. I sent him a link to the Darwin Awards site. He ghosted me. :)

Also free drugs. With the legalization of heroin and other hard drugs, addiction is up. So, we the people, have created free clinics to wean ppl off the drugs. this is done by giving them less potent versions of the drug.

Perhaps we should enforce having a covid vaccination card to get free heroin?

Free drugs often leads to free herpes and other "interesting" stuff. If someone could make a powder version of the vaccine (and other vaccines) and mix it into the batches of heroin you could get some effective result.

Been trying to convince an ex-coworker who's starting a federal government job in a month or so to get vaccinated. He has a EE from a decent school. He gets his news from the internet. Facts are not relevant. He's vitally concerned about Pres. Biden's statement about forcing federal employees to be vaccinated. I asked him if he actually read his contract and the referenced documents. He's going to be a real asset. Today's question was whether the Constitution would protect federal employees from such heavy handed tactics.

Upshot . After 4 days and dozens of actual data/statistics/research/etc, he's

going to pass. I sent him a link to the Darwin Awards site. He ghosted me. :)

Well, you can always notify his upcoming employer that they are about to get an unvaccinated employee.

453747.png

Free drugs often leads to free herpes and other "interesting" stuff. If someone could make a powder version of the vaccine (and other vaccines) and mix it into the batches of heroin you could get some effective result.

Well, you can always notify his upcoming employer that they are about to get an unvaccinated employee.

Its his first engineering job out of school. He's got so many eye-opening experiences ahead, I suspect covid vaccination will be the least of his worries.

so a student tested positive in another class a couple days ago. Instructor is feeling poorly so he's getting tested today. Given the inter-mixing of classes and non-mask-wearing, we might be a nice test case for the 18-29 demographic against the 50-65 demographic. Older ones are vaccinated, younger ones aren't.

I'm going to get tested on the way home. Would completely suck if this got worse. last quarter with 5 days of class left. sigh

I was asked this today and I had no answer for it.

"has there ever been a point in the history of this country (the United States) where an experimental vaccine was pushed this hard by the Government?".

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I was asked this today and I had no answer for it.

"has there ever been a point in the history of this country (the United States) where an experimental vaccine was pushed this hard by the Government?".

Nope.

Nor have they EVER before claimed that a vaccine is MORE effective than your natural antibodies from contracting a virus like they are doing with this one...