LegacyGT.com

Thoughts/Reviews about 'GetaDomTune' Cylinder 4 Chamber Cooling System?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not?

How do you guys feel about this product shown on the pic below (loctite 592)? Was planning to use that. I am almost done with my engine rebuild. Been using this for the oil pressure switch thread, pcv thread on the intake manifold (plugged off due to use of AOS), and at the coolant thread next to the oil cooler. But somehow, I don't know if I trust it :spin:.

IMG_20200421_124439.thumb.jpg.84a5b741de774b77d9e4552e1948152b.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon

The product specs seem to indicate it would work, I don't see why not. People on Amazon have used it for coolant applications. I would just make sure you have enough left in that tube to get full coverage on the threads.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Yeah I did read the product specs too. It's just that I noticed several days after using it, the excess that was showing up on one of the bolts was still 'wet'.

Edit: just checked that bolt again and the excess is sticky. I would have expected it to be solid or feel like rubber by now.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

I'm about to install a diy kit. Here is what I bought:

1x M20x1.5 to -6AN fitting

1x 20mm crush washer (94109x20000 honda oem)

1x -6AN 45 degree fitting

1x 5/8"x5/8"x3/8" tee

1 ft 3/8" coolant hose

1 ft 5/8" coolant hose

2x clamps for 3/8" hose

2x clamps for 5/8" hose

My plan is to not cut the oem heater hose and instead use a small chunk of the 5/8 line on one side of the tee and then the oem heater hose on the other side.

This is essentially the same kit as the VEMS tuning cooling kit. They use Phenix Industries AN fittings. The -6AN is a little smaller diameter than the Dom kit. According to VEMS tuning, the -6AN fitting is within 0.010" of the optimal diameter but uses off the shelf parts for simplicity.

I am probably going to install it this evening while the engine is still on the stand. What did you use to seal the threads?

See my post above from #19 in this thread. I'm using a Honda crush washer so no need for rtv. For good measure I always use permatex high temp thread sealant. The threads in the head were wet with coolant so I'm unsure how it would affect the thread sealant. The crush washer should work great though.

Yeah. I was lazy too (had too much on my plate as well).

rhino, curious to hear if you do notice a drop in coolant temp.

Me too but my battery is too dead to start the car so I have the battery tender on it. I think I have a current draw issue with my fuel pump wiring or my chinese headunit that I need to replace. My car will be dead after only 5 days of sitting. The battery has been load tested and cell tested with normal results and is only 3 years old. It is a Group 24F agm battery with higher capacity.

To keep on topic, I used a lisle spill proof funnel to add the coolant lost (I didn't drain it all because my coolant doesn't have that many miles on it) and remove air bubbles. There weren't any leaks overnight at the fitting so that's good. We'll see once it heat cycles.

Yeah, definitely current draw somewhere.

I love this lisle spill proof funnel. Makes coolant refill and air removal a piece of cake. Clean job too.

So to be clear, you added that honda crush washer as well as some permatex right?

Yeah, definitely current draw somewhere.

I love this lisle spill proof funnel. Makes coolant refill and air removal a piece of cake. Clean job too.

So to be clear, you added that honda crush washer as well as some permatex right?

Honda crush washer and "some" permatex high temp thread sealant (not rtv). I say "some" because the threads on the cylinder head were still wet with coolant when I installed my fitting and may have washed some of the sealant off. I'm not really worried though as the crush washer alone should be fine. It's all vems tuning recommends in their instructions.

I was having the same problem with the fuel pump controller relay killing the battery in 4 days or so. About 3 weeks ago I rewired it with Underdogs fix and have had no problem since. Took longer to pull everything out of the back of the wagon than do the fix. Nice to have a crisp crank again after a few days of sitting.

I've been told you need to use an anaerobic sealant if you've got any residual coolant in the system. I plan on using one once I get to splicing this line for the install of mine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've been told you need to use an anaerobic sealant if you've got any residual coolant in the system. I plan on using one once I get to splicing this line for the install of mine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not if you use a crush washer, like the vems kit.

Dom kit: Rtv sealant is mandatory due to how his fitting is machined.

Vems kit: crush washer so no need for rtv.

Yeah. I was lazy too (had too much on my plate as well).

rhino, curious to hear if you do notice a drop in coolant temp.

Finally drove it tonight after replacing my battery. My coolant temp stayed at 185 or lower with the defrost on. I have a larger radiator so coolant is always at a good temp though.

• 11 months later...
I'm about to install a diy kit. Here is what I bought:

1x M20x1.5 to -6AN fitting

1x 20mm crush washer (94109x20000 honda oem)

1x -6AN 45 degree fitting

1x 5/8"x5/8"x3/8" tee

1 ft 3/8" coolant hose

1 ft 5/8" coolant hose

2x clamps for 3/8" hose

2x clamps for 5/8" hose

My plan is to not cut the oem heater hose and instead use a small chunk of the 5/8 line on one side of the tee and then the oem heater hose on the other side.

This is essentially the same kit as the VEMS tuning cooling kit. They use Phenix Industries AN fittings. The -6AN is a little smaller diameter than the Dom kit. According to VEMS tuning, the -6AN fitting is within 0.010" of the optimal diameter but uses off the shelf parts for simplicity.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here