LegacyGT.com

Pitch Stop Mount Question

I currently have the STI pitch stop mount. It seems ok, I know it's old and kinda beat up looking. Probably not the best one out there, but way better than stock. Now, I'm faced with a Grimmspeed Pitch stop mount group buy. It looks WAY better, with the harder durometer bushings. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get it. Now, do I absolutely need the group N transmission mount and engine mounts, or can I get away without upgrading those?

Thanks!

From what I've read, the pitch stop seems to make the least difference. The transmission mounts aren't too difficult to do honestly. Do shifter bushings while you're at it. You could do trans bushings in the cold. Pull the stuff off and then take the brace inside.

But I'd probably just take a day and do them all at once. I'd think it's easy enough and cold is relative. The group n aren't gonna harden up in the cold like hoses do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the Kein pitchstop mount. The smaller and firmer rubber bush transfers way less NVH than poly while still being super firm.

The Kein trans mount isn't a bad piece either. No additional vibrations over stock but a moderate increase in gear whine. Anything past group N engine mounts is a mistake I reckon. Most add huge amounts of NVH and don't help out a whole lot more than Group N ones unless you're seriously racing.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

• 5 weeks later...
Unless the car is getting pushed super hard (a la on the track) or it’s a 500hp stoplight beast, an aftermarket pitch stop is more like window dressing than anything else, (much like a front strut tower brace). Luckily, it’s fairly cheap mod, but after 12 years, I’m just getting around to finally pulling off the stocker on my track car and replacing it with a Cobb unit. Not really because the OEM one is flexing a ton but more because I needed affordable ideas to give my extended family for Christmas this year :). Don’t see any need to replace the OEM one in my stg 2 Outback.

The Grimmspeed dog bone helped in subtle ways. Like when I’d jam on the gas between shifts or quickly boosting it up on cruising speed. Also 1st gear takeoffs were cleaner. It’s more of a smooth transition than a jarring jolt. I like it. Not sure if it would have as big of an effect on the 5AT, but for my MT it made a noticeable difference.

I have a Perrin one. My OEM one was thrashed to hell at 205K and it made the engine move less during startup, during shifts, and under hard acceleration, and definitely worsened NVH over the stock one. The Group N motor mounts are more worth your money IMO. If you’re strapped for cash then the OEM one is honestly fine.