LegacyGT.com

What would I get for it?

So, I've had my 2010 GT since 2012. It was my daily, got a lot of miles (mostly highway) and was a lot of fun. I started driving my wife's Forester as my daily to help the Leggy from ridiculous miles.

I put in a new clutch, nameless turboback exhaust, bilstien gt struts, new power steering pump, water pump, and thanks to leaky head gaskets, has new gaskets, and upgraded studs.

It currently sits at 139k, and isn't perfect. Some minor clear coat issues, but no dents, and no rust.

I hate seeing it sit in the driveway, but realistically the forester is a better commuter anyway.

What would it be worth to someone on the east coast?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So, I've had my 2010 GT since 2012. It was my daily, got a lot of miles (mostly highway) and was a lot of fun. I started driving my wife's Forester as my daily to help the Leggy from ridiculous miles.

I put in a new clutch, nameless turboback exhaust, bilstien gt struts, new power steering pump, water pump, and thanks to leaky head gaskets, has new gaskets, and upgraded studs.

It currently sits at 139k, and isn't perfect. Some minor clear coat issues, but no dents, and no rust.

I hate seeing it sit in the driveway, but realistically the forester is a better commuter anyway.

What would it be worth to someone on the east coast?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can tell you first hand that Subarus are loved here in the east coast. One thing I've learned about owning vehicles through the years is this: What's the point of buying a vehicle if you're not gonna drive it? From what I'm reading you had to do some maintenence on the wear and tear parts, and a couple other things. Personally I would keep driving it as it's meant to be driven. I'd rather put more miles on the older car lol. I've seen a similiar Legacy to yours sell for more than $7k before. I have a 2.5i so I pay more attention to those, since at some point in the future I'll have to make a decision on whether or not to sell mine.

Edited by Alexmed2002

I have had similar thoughts about mine lately too. I'm at ~205k miles with lots of mods.

I have seen 3.6R Legacy's in my area with over 150k miles that are asking 5-7k. I like to think that I could get 6k for mine, but it's really hard to say for sure until it happens.

Cars.com has a couple of 2010's listed in the northeast, for whatever that's worth

2010 with 156k miles for $8995

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/791401245/overview/

2010 with 87k miles for $14999

https://www.cars.com/vehicledeail/detail/778221314/overview/

2010 with 119k miles for $8495

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/794348642/overview/

All appear to be at dealerships, so I would expect some wiggle room on the price. They are not a common car, so it's hard to find comparables. Mods aren't going to add value on the car - you might consider reverting to stock and selling the suspension and exhaust separately if you want to recoup some $ from them.

dgood's is probably pretty accurate. Was going to say around 10-12k for those miles. GTs under 100k have been closer to 14-15, but that's just as their listed. Not sure what they're actually selling for. I would say they are definitely trending downward due to age, made apparent by one of the listings linked above, and based on what I've observed over the past year of creeping on postings (I'm also on the east) :)

Just did the 3M headlight restoration. So completely worth it. Must do before listing.

I tried something different on mine. Saw a youtube video where a guy used Mothers Aluminum Polish. Worked pretty good for mine. Now, I doubt it would fix the lenses on that red GT though.

I tried something different on mine. Saw a youtube video where a guy used Mothers Aluminum Polish. Worked pretty good for mine. Now, I doubt it would fix the lenses on that red GT though.

nope, those need a wet sand, or $150 on a new set.

Lmao those headlights are done. Wayyyyy past restoration :lol:

You might be surprised, the set on our tribeca were really rough but they polished out ok, then I clear coated them. But that really didn't help for long. The non-yellowing clear yellowed faster than just polishing and waxing them.