LegacyGT.com

Jacks and lifts

Yes, that makes the most sense to me. I would've assume that there would be way too much flex in the bottom frame of the jacks to survive being suspended at the four corners. Just checking, since as you say it looked basically like some angle iron and a set of casters bolted to it. It was the price tag that made me think I was missing something about it... $400CAD is a third of what I paid for the jacks, delivered. So I wondered if there was perhaps some devilry going on there I couldn't see. (Certainly being able to push the car around on the jacks could be useful, but when I think of how many casters are on a set of car dollies, I don't see how just 4/jack would work out.

Big thanks for the additional photos. I am pretty sure I can fabricate something like that easily enough. Since they are only holding up the weight of the jacks themselves, perhaps a bracket that goes "over" the upper frame member, putting the casters on the 'inside' of the jacks while lowered might be possible, the bracketing wouldn't have to support a whole lot of weight (1/4 the weight of a single jack/corner).... Or just attach the casters to the inside of the frames? I will play around with some ideas and see what I might come up with. It's much less of a priority with the 2-post on the way, but still fun to make the things you have more effective at doing what they do....

Unrelated, but I made some blocks out of 8" x 8" lumber earlier this year so I could put up my Suburban. The internet tells me a 2002 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4 weighs 5,123lbs. The 5,000lb rated jack didn't seem to struggle very much at all. It helps that the hydraulic cylinder is already extended beyond the most difficult part of its range before the blocks touch the frame rails. Made quick work of changing out my winter tires. If I weren't working on paving stones I would have installed the ball bearing hack.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread