LegacyGT.com

Data Logging Results

PhilT

IMO, you have slightly elevated EGT's, but coupled with the fact that you still have an UP cat, I completely agree with Jon here, in that your EGT's will drop by 150-175* once you get rid of the UP cat.

Once again, you are the MAN, exactly. Although my logs today were in near 100* IAT's the EGT's were 150*-175* lower, making me very happy. Whew!

Also, despite a much warmer day my logs indicate about the same readings as before when IAT's were a lot lower, leading me to believe good things are happening. Oddly, I don't really sense any seat of the pants difference except this; the best I can explain the nebulous subjectivive difference between before UP with cat, and UP without cat is..... smooth. However, the logs tell the story, as always.

I have posted elsewhere in these forums one of my observations regarding the stock uppipe. Whenever I have a chance to log with conditions similar to those posted before I will comment further.

Much work, pain and suffering happily assimilated.

:)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again, you are the MAN, exactly. Although my logs today were in near 100* IAT's the EGT's were 150*-175* lower, making me very happy. Whew!....

:)

Told you, you had nothing to worry about! Glad it's running well, and the biggest change there is to note sans UP cat, is faster turbo spoolup, but this is tougher to discern in the 5EAT.

Exactly, brake torqueing it now to 3k for 0-60 times, unlike before, comes easily, and consistently makes all four tires bark in protest. Shamefully, I also enjoy the obvious turbo whine in slow traffic, and the turned heads of ricer boys as they let me pass by.

Next weekend we'll be going on another get-away that will allow me to determine what effect this mod will have on gas mileage. So far every modification that has increased measurable performance has resulted in a measurable increase in gas mileage as well. Not only does this make sense, it also allows my 'playtime' to be absorbed in the overall scope of things. After all, adding horsepower is for one thing only, and better gas mileage just a clever subterfuge, eh? :)

Once again I am stumped trying to understand a logging result, and ask for enlightenment from the more experienced.

Specifically, up until I removed the cat from my uppipe my AFR's were always 11.14, but every log since the cat removal the AFR's have been ll.02. Why??

And IAT's really play a BIG role in performance, the higher they are the less power is made. Question #2, does an IC sprayer help enough to bother?

An upgraded TMIC's importance is obvious now.

Finally got this data-logging thing figured out. Pretty cool.

I am a bit worried though, my KC starts to climb (negative values) at higher RPMs. I have done about 7 runs and it always climbs about the same. I am running COBB stage 1, 91 octane, use the best Canadian gas I can find near me. I also have an ION header and UP. I wonder if the car needs to be tuned for this to work properly? From the turbo back the exhaust is still stock, but that will change soon!

I don't have the ability to change a csv to a pdf ext.

At 3600 rpm the KC goes to -1

At 3900 rpm the KC goes to -3

At 5900 rpm the KC goes to between -4 and -7 till 7000 rpms.

Any input is appreciated.

I am a bit worried though, my KC starts to climb (negative values) at higher RPMs. I have done about 7 runs and it always climbs about the same. I am running COBB stage 1, 91 octane, use the best Canadian gas I can find near me. I also have an ION header and UP. I wonder if the car needs to be tuned for this to work properly? From the turbo back the exhaust is still stock, but that will change soon!

Just change the file ext, to the letter's pdf, and upload them to the site. Then we can just change it back and view it in native csv format....

Just change the file ext, to the letter's pdf, and upload them to the site. Then we can just change it back and view it in native csv format....

How do you do that?

I have the file opened up in excel. If I change it to .pdf it just goes ***.pdf.csv. What gives? Is there a different way to change extensions?

How do you do that?

I have the file opened up in excel. If I change it to .pdf it just goes ***.pdf.csv. What gives? Is there a different way to change extensions?

Right click on the file and click "rename"

You may have to enable extensions for known file types, to do this:

Click "Start", Click "My Computer", Click "Tools", Click "Folder Options", Click "View", UN-Check "Hide Extensions for known File Types".

Right click on the file and click "rename"

You may have to enable extensions for known file types, to do this:

Click "Start", Click "My Computer", Click "Tools", Click "Folder Options", Click "View", UN-Check "Hide Extensions for known File Types".

Edmundu just pmed me the details, but thanks.

I also want to see your logs to see what your timing is at. You might consider using the 91 octane California tune to see if you can eliminate some of that KC.

Do you ever hear any pinging or detonation? Does the car still pull hard, or does it feel as though the car is reigning you in?

OK here are the logs renamed .pdf.

I am running COBB stage 1, 91 octane, use the best Canadian gas I can find near me. I also have an ION header and UP. I wonder if the car needs to be tuned for this to work properly? From the turbo back the exhaust is still stock, but that will change soon!

LGT.pdf

LGT2.pdf

Is it just me or did LittleBlue's first file not open?

Me too. The 2nd one was fine, but for whatever reason the first comes up as corrupt in DD. This is after changing to csv.

Edit: I opened in excel, and noticed it had been saved in xls format instead of csv. So open the file in Excel and save as *.csv format, and then it opens right up in DD...

From perusing the datalogs, you certainly appear to require a retune. You are getting more than just noise in the peak trq rpms range as well as up top from 5.5-6.5k, That's detonation you are experiencing. It is pulling alot of timing from even the base map. This is confirmed when you see negative(-KC) values. If you were just seeing smaller positive values it could be interpreted as a little noise...

You also could have gotten a bad tank of gas. Have you checked what your IAM is at? I would back off for this tank of gas, and then try and fill up from a known good source, and log again. If the same thing happens, then you know the tune is not agreeing with your headers.

Did you have before logs? What did they look like?

I agree with edmundu, you are getting heavy pinging, perhaps even detonation, can you hear anything like crackling coming from the motor when you get the -KC?

Also I see that your throttle angle is not 100 percent, do you have floor mats in the way, are you pushing all the way down on the gas? It might not be going into open loop...

I agree, stay out of it until you can get some different gas, then re-log.

EDIT: Try the CA 91 tune...

Thanks for all the info.

I will try the CA 91 octane gas map.

Also, if I use the AP to reset the ECU, does it reset the learning ability? Or do I have to disconnect the battery?

I have not logged before, just learned how a few days ago.

As far as throttle opening, I am sure it is all the way to the floor. Maybe I have to adjust something behind the throttle?

I could play around with the first file, but they all look the same anyways!

Loaded Cali 91 octane map and now it is worse, sometimes even seeing -9 KC values.

I looked at the headers and everything is bolted up tight (I thought that might be the cause of the noise). I really don't hear any noise with the windows down at high rpm, it sounds fairly smooth to me. Not as smooth as some cars that I have owned, but smooth non-the-less.

I data-logged a lot more info this time, incase it gives any insight into what is going on. Maybe headers w/o DP is just not a good thing.

Another quick question. Is there anyway to log after IC temps?

91 cali gas with injector clean.pdf

From perusing the datalogs, you certainly appear to require a retune. You are getting more than just noise in the peak trq rpms range as well as up top from 5.5-6.5k, That's detonation you are experiencing. It is pulling alot of timing from even the base map. This is confirmed when you see negative(-KC) values. If you were just seeing smaller positive values it could be interpreted as a little noise...

You also could have gotten a bad tank of gas. Have you checked what your IAM is at? I would back off for this tank of gas, and then try and fill up from a known good source, and log again. If the same thing happens, then you know the tune is not agreeing with your headers.

Did you have before logs? What did they look like?

What is IAM?

I agree with edmundu, you are getting heavy pinging, perhaps even detonation, can you hear anything like crackling coming from the motor when you get the -KC?

Also I see that your throttle angle is not 100 percent, do you have floor mats in the way, are you pushing all the way down on the gas? It might not be going into open loop...

I agree, stay out of it until you can get some different gas, then re-log.

EDIT: Try the CA 91 tune...

Last post for a while I promise!

I took off my throttle sensor, and adjusted it a bit. Still reads a solid 99.61%. Is this going to affect anything? It is not the gas pedal or adjustment, it is the sensor. Now at about 93% gas peddle pushage it reads 99.61% and from 93-100 pushage it reads 99.61%.

Only way to get it too read 100% (I would think would be to get a new sensor).

IAM= Ignition Advance Multiplier

It is under user defined settings. You will need to figure out which address your ecu uses. Mine is FF267C, but yours may be different.

Also, you should activate Load, again your memory address may differ.Mine was FF50B0.

Your accelerator opening angle may not get to 100%, mine doesn't either, BUT your throttle opening angle should read 100%!

Archived