LegacyGT.com

Data Logging Results

PhilT

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow I data logged and I am stage II with a protune from TDC with an AEM CAI and I am only pulling 233 g/g MAF......How the hell are you pulling 237 with the stock airbox on stage I??????

Not sure... but I have 3 pulls logged with stock air box/MAF.... all in the 235-239 range @ 6K.

If you want to experiment.... put your stock box/MAF back on and run some logs.

I bet your tune shows higher g/s MAF with the stock box, as well. Now the question is... which one is REALLY correct?

Not sure... but I have 3 pulls logged with stock air box/MAF.... all in the 235-239 range @ 6K.

If you want to experiment.... put your stock box/MAF back on and run some logs.

I bet your tune shows higher g/s MAF with the stock box, as well. Now the question is... which one is REALLY correct?

I'm tellin ya, log the MAf v, this is a hard number! The others are calculated based off of what the voltage is across the MAF. Mblock66's 233 g/s, could be actually flowing more air than your 239 g/s, if the maf scaling has been adjusted. Also, Mblock66 is also running a intake, AEM. IF it required a re tune after install, you can bet that the internal MAF diameter is not identical to stock! Which is another contributor to the Grams/sec discrepencies....

I had a similar problem with my SR intake, the MAF was showing less, I got -KC and high EGTs.

There's no way that there is "actually" less air flowing, it must be the turbulence that prevents the sensor from measuring it.

Hopefully the Cobb intake will be designed in such a way to eliminate this problem.

MAP = 14.5 + boost

MRP = boost

mccorry, ensure there are no leaks or gaps anywhere around the MAF sensor. Your log looks like the usual symptoms that the MAF is reading less air, but no doubt you've got the same or more air flowing by the sensor... Thus it reads less air, and doesn't add as much fuel, you run lean up top, and thus why it's pulling timing... Need to see an EGT or Wideband log to be sure. Can really only assume by just looking at the KR vs RPM log.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

well I am showing positive 7 knock correction at 6k with the AEM intake and about 233g/s MAF. Timing is in the 20-22 range by then also

What happens when you are off the gas and outta WOT......... - 7 KC like me.....??? (I saw the same +KC's with my map)

mccorry, did you talk with Jon at TDCtuning about his custom maps?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25184

Go to stage II and then have him send you a tune..

No I haven't... but thanks for the recommendation.

I think I am going to pull the K&N off and put the stock airbox back on for now. Next week, I'll put on the DP and go to stage 2 and do some datalogging.

After that... I just might have to give Jon a call. I'd like to have his Stg II map with and without the K&N.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a couple of logs this evening prior to installing the Perrin TMIC tomorrow, everything still seems good since I last took some readings with the exception of the KC. I am now seeing slight -ve KC above 4,000 rpm, going up to -3 just before the rev limiter kicks in at 7,000. I don't think this is too much to be concerned about is it ?

Once I get the TMIC fitted, I'll post the logs, it will be interesting to see what difference it makes before a Pro tune.

Stg2 21-01-06.pdf

Yeah, the -KC up top is not good. But you are still running good advance, so the ECM didn't completely pull timing. What is the IAM? Was this run the first? Or did you do a few successive runs, and logged one of the latter ones?

Also, do you use winter blend fuel in Canada? If so, that would help explain alot about the timing being pulled...

I think -KC is BAD under load. What other mods do you have?

PDE UP & Catless DP, Perrin Pulley, that's it.

The logs I took after installing the above were all fine, now it's gone -ve, the only thing I can think it might be is the gas, but it's Esso 91, the same as I always use.

I've never been able to get the IAM, ECU Explorer doesn't pick it up, unless it's me.

I believe winter gas in Canada does have more Ethanol in it, but I couldn't say for sure.

If you had previously logged in the early fall/late summer, then you are likely seeing the effects of oxygenated gas. Especially since you had good #'s in the past, and you haven't changed the tune or fuel.

BTW, the TMIC will give you a little more wind up top, and about 1psi more boost! It's noticeable, and you can tell immediately!

Got the logs done after fitting the Perrin TMIC. With no change of tune, still on Stage 2 V1.15, it has made a noticeable difference. Not to my butt dyno, that didn't register much, but the readings speak for themselves.

Boost increased by 0.58 psi

EGT reduced by 63 degrees

-ve KC disappeared and timing at WOT was increased by 3 degrees

MAF increased by 3.21 g/s

The readings were taken on the same stretch of on-ramp, ambient temps are same as yesterday, so it all looks good to me, I'm very happy with it.

I'm sure the gains from a Protune will be awesome, and I can't wait to get the Greddy catback fitted and give Jon a call.

Stg2 21-01-06.pdf

Stg2 22-01-06 tmic.pdf

Got the logs done after fitting the Perrin TMIC. With no change of tune, still on Stage 2 V1.15, it has made a noticeable difference. Not to my butt dyno, that didn't register much, but the readings speak for themselves.

Boost increased by 0.58 psi

EGT reduced by 63 degrees

-ve KC disappeared and timing at WOT was increased by 3 degrees

MAF increased by 3.21 g/s

The readings were taken on the same stretch of on-ramp, ambient temps are same as yesterday, so it all looks good to me, I'm very happy with it.

I'm sure the gains from a Protune will be awesome, and I can't wait to get the Greddy catback fitted and give Jon a call.

w00t!!!!

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Log looks real good! Timing looks quite good, mid-upper teens riding up into the mid 20's,and the 220 MAF grams/s flow looks to be about 225whp, on a conservative dyno like a mustang.For me to get a better idea, just log the MAF volts too, this will show if the tuner has rescaled the MAF table. Boost is what is expected for stg2. You have a healthy tune!

Side Note: This is the first auto log I've seen, and when I first saw it, I was like where are the big swings in timing/throttle input etc... normally seen with shifting a manual...then I realized from the 100% constant throttle that this was a 5EAT!

Again, thanks, edmundu! I am attaching a log I took yesterday after an exhaust modification. If I interpreted your input correctly this latest log reflects increased horsepower. Using the time line the 0-60 time dropped from around 5.8 to 5.0, which confirms my driving impressions. Braketorqueing it now produces multiple tire protests :) This log includes the air sensor voltage you mentioned. Your input is valued. Thanks.

[AJ18A-6824] 26-01-2006 11h49m46s.pdf

Second question:

Data logging is fun but I want to make some changes before I start this activity. I was excited about going stage 2 with my new subaru.

However, I just got an email from Cobb stating that they haven't finished their TBE exhaust yet and thus do not have the Stage 2 available.

What is that? So no one has stage 2? Why would you be able to download stage 2 maps if they dont' have the TBE yet? I guess they were created with someone elses TBE? Then the maps aren't tuned speicially for the Cobb TBE? Correct?

Input appreciated... sorry to hijack this are but it is somewhat related. :)

1.) do a search.... there is a free program you can download. They you just need a laptop with a serial port and a datalink cable. The Cobb AP cable will work fine if you have one.

2.) You don't need a TBE for Stage 2. All that is required is a Downpipe. I am running stg 2 right now with an uppipe and downpipe... stock cat back.

Archived