LegacyGT.com

good deal on bbs wheels

suds2250

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$300 for wheel plus 225/45/17 Pilot Sport PS2

$260 for wheel plus 225/45/17 ContiExtremeContact

Bet we can do better with some haggling, seems the full price for the wheels ($500 for the wheels) and a bit high for the tire+mounting/balancing costs. Extremes are 115 on tirerack (minus what, $10 or so for mounting/balancing?) while Sports are $179. Will call and see about other brands (only mentioned three on the site) and see if I can get parts down lower on the wheels/match price on tires.

I think I am going to go with these for my summer wheels/tires sometime in the next week or two.

-B

I saw this deal over on the Saab 9-2x board. Looks like a good deal. I think they weigh in around 17lbs. Would they fit a Legacy?

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=55&products_id=385

For anyone still curious about the true color of these wheels the enlarged photo at this link is very close.

I wonder if they budge from 500 per wheel set.

Krzys

They budge. Where I think they don't have room is on the tires. I wonder if you brought them a set of tires and had them mount those on the BBS', how that would work out.

Well, one of the local dealers here had a few sets of the BBS advertised so I decided to go take a look at them. They are way nicer than the pictures suggest, I guess its the BBS quality. So, I went ahead and picked up a set of 4; lugs, valvestems, and BBS centercaps included. Now I need to pick some summer tires, I am going to try autox this year so I'm leaning towards Hankook Z212 or Falken Azenis 615 as either would appear to be a good street/autox tire.

For anyone interested in MN, Minnetonka Subaru has 2 sets of these wheels left. Talk to Brian in parts if you want a good deal.

I bought [5] of the 9-2 wheels from Charles River Saab. Ordered Thursday, 2/23; received Friday, 2/24 (I'm the next state over in New Hampshire). I bought the fifth wheel to store in my basement in case I trash one. That way I won't have to buy a "lightly used" one later on from some tool with one post on LGT.com!

They're really sweet looking wheels, and the finish seems nearly flawless. FYI, the color is closer to a true silver (and slightly "brighter") than the color of the OEM '05 LGT wheels. That is worthy of mention to silver LGT owners, because the LGT silver is not a "brilliant" silver and the OEM wheel color compliments that fact. They're 17x7", ET48, to confirm other posts.

The wheels were eBayed @ $125 each ($500/set) + shipping. The parts guys at Charles River may have a little wiggle room on price and/or shipping, but even at the "Buy it Now" price: where can you find a new 17" BBS wheel that fits LGT's for that kind of short money? BTW, anyone want to buy a set of OEM LGT/RE92 wheels/tires in decent shape? :)

They budge. Where I think they don't have room is on the tires. I wonder if you brought them a set of tires and had them mount those on the BBS', how that would work out.
So, what's the best price?

Here's the wheel mentioned above. Ignore the SAAB center hub.

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/images/0200027.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

When I was emailing CRSaab they were willing to go sub $500 with shipping included. If I hadn't gotten them at the local dealer I would have gladly had them shipped. Like others have said, shoot them an email with an offer, they might just take it.

I bought 5 of these for $125.00 a piece from CRSaab over a month ago. FYI, I sold my OEMs with the RE92s for $851.00 on Ebay. The buyer paid $1100.00 total including shipping (to Alaska). A potential buyer told me during my auction that the OEM wheels go for $330.00 each from Subaru and that some pre-2005 Legacy owners really covet these wheels. So I wouldn't worry about finding a buyer for your OEMs, as long as you don't mind Ebay and boxing them up and taking them to the post office.

1506205707_rightunedited(Large).thumb.jpg.83c1b63da95c3ac57e00b0b9693264e0.jpg

I bought 5 of these for $125.00 a piece from CRSaab over a month ago. FYI, I sold my OEMs with the RE92s for $851.00 on Ebay. The buyer paid $1100.00 total including shipping (to Alaska). A potential buyer told me during my auction that the OEM wheels go for $330.00 each from Subaru and that some pre-2005 Legacy owners really covet these wheels. So I wouldn't worry about finding a buyer for your OEMs, as long as you don't mind Ebay and boxing them up and taking them to the post office.

Great to hear that!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

By contrast, I tried to sell my near-new Impotenza RE92A's with a Reserve price of $30 per tire, and had one bidder on one pair....

I had them mounted on the rims. Their weight is 43.5 lbs. Bridgestone says the 225/55x17 tire weighs 25 lbs; the wheel weighs 18, and there were a few wheel weights and the stem to add the 8 ounces.

Out of curiousity I weighed a 16" OEM Acura/Honda rim mounted with 205/60x16 Micheline MxM4+ and it weighed 46.5 lbs.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I just weighed the stock five spoke 17" rim mounted with a Nokian RSI in 225/55r17.

The assembly weighs 47 lbs 2 ounces. Nokian gives the tire weight as 25.1 lbs. It's a bit worn away but there are some wheel weights, so the call it 25 lbs, which would make the stock wheel 22 lbs.

The Nokian RSI's have just less than 12/32nds tread new. They now have a little less than 11/32nd front and 11/32nd rear. The wear indicators molded in show the 8 [mm] clearly on the rears, it's a little worn but still clear on the fronts.

They were on the car for 4,628 miles.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 3 weeks later...
I just received mine. I bought 4 from Charles River Saab for $500, BBS center caps, lug nuts, valve stems and shipping to upper NYS included. Can't wait to get them on the car but it's been snowing here this week. I'll post photos as soon as I have them installed on my silver. Confirmed the weight, as previously posted, is 18 lb per wheel.

• 2 months later...

Hmm; nothing on this thread for a couple of months... I hope these wheels are still available.

I said I'd post photos of these wheels on my car once I had them installed. They've been on for several weeks and I'm really happy with them. The finish is as good as you'd expect from BBS and the price was right to say the least. Fit is perfect.

I've been riding on the stock Bridgestone RE 92's and (Dare I say it?) they're doing all right for now. After spending a grand on my Nokians last Fall and a half on these wheels, I figured I'd wait one summer for new tires. Gives me something to look forward to.

By the way: I'm not missing a wheel lug - it's an unchromed wheel lock I'm using until I can find a good, short lock.

LGT_BBS_FULL.jpg.8bfcdaa1aeaafbb61ca7aa43e6acfc66.jpg

LGT_BBS_CLOSE.jpg.6913246ec882c2a29cf7a9ddba6358ee.jpg

That'll teach me to show off photos of my new wheels: four days after posting that photo of the left front wheel I hit a 4" dia. rock on the expressway and ripped the rim from the wheel. There's a gap now that I can see through. Miraculously, the tire held and 36 hours later it's still holding full pressure. I'm going to show it to the local wheel repair guy but I'm not holding out too much hope.

1941682008_wheeldamagefar.thumb.jpg.fbe0d242a165fdc2f7a08efd18afab08.jpg

960723393_wheeldamageclose.thumb.jpg.2a8c2c4f7276db0bd236c4f3aefb2230.jpg

Archived