LegacyGT.com

good deal on bbs wheels

suds2250

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's an unedited photo. The wheels are a light silver, but not highly polished. They seem to be the same brightness as every other BBS silver wheel I've owned on 4 different BMWs. They aren't white, though. That may be a limitation of my 4 MP digital camera.

1902741892_rightunedited(Large).thumb.jpg.282306c96fcdcf5aa46c16e772d6fe1e.jpg

How much do those weigh?
I weighed them on a postal scale at work and they were exactly 18lbs, without stems.

Color matching on pc screens is difficult, but here's a closup.

http://www.geocities.com/theseventhfirst/bbs1.jpg

Hmmm... Lighter than stock and fairly cheap. I think I live about six miles from the Watertown dealer. Sooo tempted, hehe.

-B

He now has "Best Offer" on his eBay auction as well so offer him less. Gotta pay sales tax, but no shipping. As a reward for charging me $500 and then adding Best Offer, I want to make sure everyone else pays less. Kind of a bonehead move, since with a little advertising $500 was a fantastic price already.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Looks like all interested parties are on legacygt.com.

;-)

Krzys

PS Maybe except seller.

PS2 VVG. The seller attempted to auction the wheels. Twice, that I participated, it did not reach the reserve (which I suspect is 500). Apparently there is only frugal market for them.

Hmm, they are +48 offset correct? EBay has it as +55:

"Set of (4) Open Spoke 17 x 7 Alloy Wheels. New - in original box - never opened! Silver painted light-alloy with clear coat. 5-bolt pattern 100mm (3.94 inches) and the offset is 55mm (2.17 inches)."

Et = 48, came in boxes with lugnuts and stem.

Someone posted on another board they'd taken less than the $500.

The original auction had a Reserve set the same as the Buy It Now.

They had a stack of them higher than my head when I bought them. He mentioned that SAAB had something like 600 of them. They're popular on Minis and the going price seems to be $250 or more per wheel.

"Set of (4) Open Spoke 17 x 7 Alloy Wheels. New - in original box - never opened! Silver painted light-alloy with clear coat. 5-bolt pattern 100mm (3.94 inches) and the offset is 55mm (2.17 inches)."

You can see the ET 48 on the pic I posted.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Very good price for BBS Wheels!

Damn it is tempting, at least for me, I live very close to this dealership!!!!

Maybe get a set of summer tires.. hmmm interesting... Also to whoever was going to ask them to mount some summer tires on these, did you get a price from them?

:-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I am not sure that it is fair to synchronize (or desync) offers.

Krzys

PS I am low balling as auctions were ending 360-410 if I am not mistaken.

No problem, as long as you split the difference between the $500 I paid and what you pay....:lol:

$500 is still a great deal though.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

$500 is still a great deal though.

I agree but it does not hurt to try to get even lower price.

If I do not buy them imagine how much more money stays in my pocket ;-) I need not to buy summer (S-03, Dunlop Maxx or Goodyear F1GS3) and winter (Dunlop M3) tires. For now my favourite is all season SP5000 (89.00 at tirerack.com compared to 140.00 for M3 and from 150.00 to 180.00 for summer).

Krzys

Jeeze, haven't called yet Flavio! Hmm, wonder if we could get a two person wheel+tire package discount, hehe.

-B

Not a bad idea at all man....

Call them and ask for the price for 1 and 2 sets!?!?!?!? hehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived