LegacyGT.com

good deal on bbs wheels

suds2250

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That'll teach me to show off photos of my new wheels: four days after posting that photo of the left front wheel I hit a 4" dia. rock on the expressway and ripped the rim from the wheel. There's a gap now that I can see through. Miraculously, the tire held and 36 hours later it's still holding full pressure. I'm going to show it to the local wheel repair guy but I'm not holding out too much hope.

as cheap as they are, just order another one. a good fix will cost an easy 100 anyway. tire should probably be replaced while you're at it since it will wind up bubbling on the sidewall anyway.

The wheel guy's estimate is twice what I paid for the wheel. They may be cheap but the hastle is getting someone to ship them into Canada. I had to have them drop shipped to upper NY state and then take a 4 hour return drive to pick them up myself. Working on it...

By the way, the wheel guy told me the biggest cost in repairing the wheel is the paint; he claims the "millenium silver" colour requires a special, very expensive paint and many coats.

That'll teach me to show off photos of my new wheels: four days after posting that photo of the left front wheel I hit a 4" dia. rock on the expressway and ripped the rim from the wheel. There's a gap now that I can see through. Miraculously, the tire held and 36 hours later it's still holding full pressure. I'm going to show it to the local wheel repair guy but I'm not holding out too much hope.

I just bought a set of five today in person. I really like the people at that dealership, very friendly. Dude, definately pick up another two rims, so you don't have this problem again.

Two cost only as much as one would for most decent wheels. Can you save that tire?

Good luck!

...Can you save that tire?...
That's the amazing thing: there's only a faint scuff mark on the tire and it's holding its pressure well. I guess I can re-install it and watch to see if it bubbles out later. I really wanted to spend my next tire $$'s on something other than RE92's.

Well, you get "biggest dent in rim" award! That's a beaut!

When I went to CR SAAB they had over 100 wheels.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived