LegacyGT.com

Modification for new turbo

I was looking for a new turbo for my 05 GT base model. Came across this. Could one of you turbo gurus deduce what it needs to fit in my GT? It says it's a direct bolt on for vf40, vf46, and vf52. What about TD04's? Also i was looking for a vf52 originally, but it says TD05 16G 7cm. Is this a better option? Any help/ advice would be much appreciated. :)

https://store.kinugawaturbosystems.com/products/kinugawa-billet-turbocharger-td05h-16g-7cm-for-subaru-legacy-gt-wrx-08-fits-vf46-vf40?variant=7423213043734&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp_vmoue34gIV1PfjBx0WAggmEAkYAiABEgLBAPD_BwE

That will fit your car. You will need a pro tune. Either an etune or dyno tune.

What is the reason for a new turbo?

Do you have power goals in mind?

Have you read the turbo sticky?

My old turbo is shot. Found oil in it the other day, as well as the hot side of the intercooler. (No wonder why i wasn't getting boost) Changed the oil and got no flakes so it hasn't toasted my motor yet.

As for HP gains, i was hoping for a boost but nothing crazy. Maybe 265-280. I've got an SPT intake, catless dp, 3" to 4" exhaust, and a Dw65c fuel pump. So shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

And no i have not read it. I don't use this site too much.

Yes it is a direct fit. Quality from that OEM is hit or miss, but better than most no-name eBay specials. They (or Mamba turbo, which branches off of them) mor it less make Steemspeed’s turbos, though steemspeed does additional QA.

BNR Supercars 16G is another option that’s actually cheaper and had USA support.

You absolutely MUST get a eTune it protune to support any replacement turbo. It’s not optional.

And don't just replace the turbo, clean out the inside of the engine too to make sure you don't have some metal particles floating around shortening the lifetime of the engine.

It would be sad if all effort is wasted.

453747.png

Talk to your tuner before you buy the turbo.

I agree with that ^.

I see your in NY, your going to want to contact tuningalliance@gmail.com see if you can IM him. He's one of the best of not the best Tuner for these cars.

You can tell Mike, I sent you.

I'm sure he will tell you better options.

FWIW, I've learned that bolting the turbo to the up pipe is much easier then the studs.

DSCN4783.thumb.JPG.cdb659d2aff80b87e341c3d56f0f1ddc.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived