LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

On the way to the dentist today...check out the mileage.

[ATTACH]292389[/ATTACH]

July 24th of last year, the car had 294,000 miles on it. I didn't go to VT skiing this past Winter, so not many miles...

The Spec B turned 96,000 miles a couple weeks back.

Now we know which car you like more :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I've tried impact guns. Went and bought a second higher rated one that I returned after it didn't do anything. Soaked them with penetrating sprays, but I've only got 1/4 to budge. My current impact can take off axle nuts no problem.

Trust me I've worked on it, everything except heat. I'm not worried about it either though, I'll get them off probably next time I try.

Edited by BoozeRS05

I've tried impact guns. Went and bought a second higher rated one that I returned after it didn't do anything. Soaked them with penetrating sprays, but I've only got 1/4 to budge. My current impact can take off axle nuts no problem.

Trust me I've worked on it, everything except heat. I'm not worried about it either though, I'll get them off probably next time I try.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about air driven impact guns. My buddies 1/2" Snap-On electric impact would not remove the lug bolts from his VW R32 years ago. He was at my house when he first used it. I turned around, grabbed my 1/2" impact gun, plugged in the air hose and spun them all off. I also have a 3/4" drive Craftsman impact if I need.

I even have great luck with the cheap 3/8" butterfly impact. I have the Sears (loud) old red 30 gallon compressor, it has over 6scfm at 90psi. I bought that back in 2005 or so.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just to clarify, I'm talking about air driven impact guns. My buddies 1/2" Snap-On electric impact would not remove the lug bolts from his VW R32 years ago. He was at my house when he first used it. I turned around, grabbed my 1/2" impact gun, plugged in the air hose and spun them all off. I also have a 3/4" drive Craftsman impact if I need.

I even have great luck with the cheap 3/8" butterfly impact. I have the Sears (loud) old red 30 gallon compressor, it has over 6scfm at 90psi. I bought that back in 2005 or so.

I have a professional electric impact that works on most things. For the stubborn stuff, I use an Ingersol-Rand 1/2" air impact. Both are rated within 50lbs of each other. One must be feather pounds and the other lead pounds. Because the air impact doesn't even notice things the electric struggles with

Same experience here. I have 2 electric impacts, a 20V battery powered and one corded. Corded can deal with a lot of stuff, cordless frankly is almost useless , but its also old so I use it mostly for quick wheel changing jobs.

Air impacts were better for me, I have two including some monster from HF - bought it after not being able to bulge a axle nut a dealer had put on my son's 05 OB with either electric impacts, or extended breaker bar. Was worth the trip as with it was a 5 seconds job.

I have a professional electric impact that works on most things. For the stubborn stuff, I use an Ingersol-Rand 1/2" air impact. Both are rated within 50lbs of each other. One must be feather pounds and the other lead pounds. Because the air impact doesn't even notice things the electric struggles with

I used my buddies electric Snap-on impact recently when I grabbed some struts at the junk yard. It impressed me with how much power it had, but it is huge and fitting it in tight spots is next to impossible.

I just got rid of my compressor, but I have a 1/2 drive Ingersoll Rand titanium impact that has served me very well for years going back to when I was in the shop as a technician. The power given its size is prob the best argument for air tools right now. Definitely have their downsides, but they are very mature and reliable.

Little perk of the updated front end is now I can run Diode Dynamics SS3 LED fog light kit. Orders are 15% off through today too, went with the yellow sport fogs!

Can you elobarate? Is that JDM front end perk?

Apparently aftermarket fog light kits that fit the newer WRX/STi also fit the 08-09 LGT, but not 05-07 LGT fog light housings.

So with my update (05 LGT wagon w/ 08 LGT front end), I'll just need to cut and patch the fog harnesses to make it work.

Edited by BoozeRS05

Apparently aftermarket fog light kits that fit the newer WRX/STi also fit the 08-09 LGT, but not 05-07 LGT fog light housings.

So with my update (05 LGT wagon w/ 08 LGT front end), I'll just need to cut and patch the fog harnesses to make it work.

Got it. Fate had me looking at LED fog lights for WRX/STi on fleebay. Looked great but I was not sure about the fitment.

The day has arrived! I installed some updates on my LGT. The wilwood front calipers (bought from @ BoozeRS05 -> Thanks!) And the JDM LGT STI muffler tuned by STI.

I attach some photos

STI muffler:

81836453-61df-4b0d-858d-753fe770e458.jpg

Rearview:

d761a230-6619-4127-a728-013aedc5e903.jpg

Close up view:

5ba873ba-4f2e-4427-86bb-7fa56049fb52.jpg

a8dabbf4-78cf-4810-a4f1-dfc953e41a02.jpg

Wilwood calipers

conversion bracket with a lot of rust

3e5c683d-933b-4ed5-8ce9-1021520b971b.jpg

Cleaned bracket:

d997e078-5dc4-4147-9699-10cbd8bb2aca.jpg

anti-rust paint:

76c5e753-aec6-406c-bef5-92d1e1612621.jpg

Installed caliper:

52697a35-ee4e-48d3-a39e-3aff7228e690.jpg

f638311e-7e1b-4f3f-82c1-170c8ceb52f5.jpg

Close up with STI Wheels:

30024a4a-d223-4b15-b0ff-94d4a2693db1.jpg

I used my buddies electric Snap-on impact recently when I grabbed some struts at the junk yard. It impressed me with how much power it had, but it is huge and fitting it in tight spots is next to impossible.

I just got rid of my compressor, but I have a 1/2 drive Ingersoll Rand titanium impact that has served me very well for years going back to when I was in the shop as a technician. The power given its size is prob the best argument for air tools right now. Definitely have their downsides, but they are very mature and reliable.

i have the "quiet" version of that IR. I run it on its lowest setting and use a low torque bar for putting stuff back on.

i have the "quiet" version of that IR. I run it on its lowest setting and use a low torque bar for putting stuff back on.

I'm a recent Milwaukee electric impact convert. Beats the hell out of my Earthquake XT pneumatic impact. A bit bulkier, but gets at the same stuff 95% of the time. 1400 ft-lbs claim is absolutely believable.

Put my POR-15'd, CRC HD Corrosion Inhibitor'd fuel tank in. I put a blanket between the transmission jack and the tank but a few places still got nicked down to bare metal. Not a big deal, I'll just have to touch it up tomorrow.

Subframe goes back in tomorrow as well.

Has anyone else noticed that new tanks don't come with the drain plugs? 0247103796fc73650d9a80d3cbcda227.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I have the shittiest luck with this car. Decided to finish my Koni insert swap today, drivers side went great.. but passenger side.. sheesh, the axle popped out at the diff side.

Tried to encourage it back in but it's refusing. Is it new axle time? Sucks, this axle's barely a month old.

XPEoAAJl.jpeg

Ok. I'll take it off and try tomorrow.. my buddy helping me out is convinced there's a pin inside preventing it from going back in. We worked at it for a good 30 minutes on the car with no luck.

You might have to have the hub side free to angle the shaft so the joint pops in. There is no pin, the assembly slides into the cups but it has to be at the right angle. I have done it hundreds of times, only once have I had to remove the boot to get it positioned so it could slide in. Good luck!

Got everything pieced together again.. gosh what a pain that was.

Somehow the tie rod boot started leaking through it all. I have a spares but I don't have time to get it done. Alignment is next and I saw that the power steering belt is a little shredded.

I have the shittiest luck with this car. Decided to finish my Koni insert swap today, drivers side went great.. but passenger side.. sheesh, the axle popped out at the diff side.

Tried to encourage it back in but it's refusing. Is it new axle time? Sucks, this axle's barely a month old.

XPEoAAJl.jpeg

Have you seen this,

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/overextended-axle-question.534491/#post-6130633

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here