LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Started buying hardware for a Brembo upgrade, Calipers, Caliper bolts, and master cylinder are ordered, booster, rotor and pads are next. Piecing all these things together has been quite a chore, but thanks to members on here its a lot easier now.

Keep an eye out...wife is away for the weekend so the plan is to finally put my engine back in my car. I blame work and other expensive hobbies for slowing me down. If a hobby is pricey and has a lot of accessories, I am hooked.

I will be burning oil again soon enough!

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Well first you gotta ditch that sedan and get a wagon...

Joking aside, look at etrailer:

https://www.etrailer.com/roof-2005_Subaru_Legacy.htm

I’d rather have a wagon but with inflation and employers sucking dick and no paying people correctly i’m stuck with what i got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep an eye out...wife is away for the weekend so the plan is to finally put my engine back in my car. I blame work and other expensive hobbies for slowing me down. If a hobby is pricey and has a lot of accessories, I am hooked.

I will be burning oil again soon enough!

No parents no rules!!

Replaced a broken central locking actuator in the driver's door, fitted angel eyes inside the headlights and horns behind the grill. I think the angel eyes look great, like they should be there from the factory.

Headlights could use a good sanding too, didn't have enough time to do that today. Some earlier owner also had melted the left low beam bulb housing by i guess not putting the bulb in correctly, had to zip tie the bulb in place until i find a new part somewhere. :mad:

M5WWlyTZlps6_YgFZFdkIEUkdkLkECA7rsEkwqtAFi2FwbPVkSWh_27mFufbZ1xhG4T7_F7KN2vTcQZ8i9ehfOPDI_TCIQkXh8P5TLbxbOyw8FBFIJUKAbjW162Nz-yHFfMVUrtW5cm3XrV8rgtBTbIVfycEBaX84x4drwueYbLtzy3aHZwr2WxGTWPbwrijOaihf-3Yi5hyUfAXIP_GWo_rPRkLtDqfR1WI4sM5_t638bkPdhf5CSjavghglCSyRg5rXjXqgg7eT5uCIGoFqXOhsw6w2mntE_VriuV3XE4Bc2rthRi1bRCz-JcZzJZLgAmkiok-c-QiWyrD9VvMR_iy_fhXuTjxBs1lBQEGW9pCZONCl9c9RsXc5uKGNx7neWZ7Zc9gKkis0lwjXZWSOrYJW2t5Kseq5JEKLWnYW2FeZc_HVMEQKSmDWtdj8kIidVnCJQ-cF4PNR1ojcdnxY-x0ILdx1J3bYlD6Bhotr0o_sovidhQxKtiJdlh4jNVyqMAOAxsM6usrPOGEWOYBms4xIvRhG5ShfIWzaRmXgDCcGn7weFG8rCsf-IjcRJLSVhE6RoxLRAMVBK4XClZU7dokugC0MLZJcs5BFb-P17y7vB3hwGfJv-7j32bbWUsKk9y9xma66mLeOHc9dTB09RSDkgWsW3QcsbL20N4oOlpNx3rWky8RiivCbeZxP5JVRkSEyyUqU_1YMMsW5WDnGJe-=w1920-h813-no?authuser=0

I'm looking for a set of struts to get my car on the ground. Just need to hold the car, not drive.

This is due to a relocation for work, and I need to get my car on the transporter soon-ish.

Don't really think shipping is a good choice i can prob get some rockauto cheepies for the cost of shipping.

Also need wheels, again nothing blingy just rollers.

Thanks in advance.

Fuel pump replaced.

45 min in the hotel parking lot with the basic tools I brought.

New pump is most definitely quieter than the old AEM 320.

:iloveyou: to the Subaru engineer that decided that we should be able to access the fuel pump with a screwdriver and 8mm wrench/socket and not have to drop the tank like many others.

Many thanks to Cobb for the overnight pump in ~24hrs from calling them.

Praying that is the last major issue on this trip.

Have not heard from you for a while here. So I am guessing all is well!

Have not heard from you for a while here. So I am guessing all is well!

Thanks for checking :-D

We are in Ouray at the moment. Just finished a 5.5 mile hike up to Chief Ouray Mine. Elevation change of 1700ft up to a little over 10k. We are hurting :lol: I’ll post a couple pictures sometime.

All is well with the wagon. Almost too good. Last three tanks of 91 + booster have netted almost 30 mpg in the mountains with a roof carrier. Not just the display, but hand calculated as well, not sure what’s up, we’ll see what happens back home.

Nice. You should create a separate thread and post pics of your trip and stuff.

Last year, when I drove my lowered outback from MD to UT (in 3 days), I also had pretty good gas mileage too. IIRC, it was around 28 mpg. Nothing on the roof though. I did remove 2 deg of timing once I could no longer find 93. Epic drive it was!

I did the same route 3 weeks before that with the whole family with our other outback. That one was loaded to the max and we were averaging 14 mpg I think :spin:

Somewhere along I-70 in UT having lunch..

attachment.php?attachmentid=286986&d=1599863942

attachment.php?attachmentid=286987&d=1599863942

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Nice looking lowered outback. JDM headlights or cleared USDM?

Can confirm they are JDM headlights. He has so many goodies on there that are so subtle. Only those who know would know. He has the epitome of a USDM 3rd gen 3.0R. Beautiful car!

He won't hurry up and make a thread.

IMG_3749-min.thumb.JPG.ba857afc8d0c14e6833930ed2271d1a7.JPG

IMG_3744-min.thumb.JPG.c4aaf62a756fe3235e7f3d6a85d3cec1.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

long highway trips running on cruise control nets surprisingly good mpg. my track wagon used to be high 20's driving east to visit family. On the way back, we got less as always waited til the last minute to leave. :)

Can confirm, netted 27 mpg once rolling down the globe on the way back home from Montreal with my older son. That was a good trip!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K