LegacyGT.com

Fit and finish

What is expected with the new model? I do realize first year issues are normal it but how has Subaru done in the past?

The Chicago show floor is a pre-production unit but looks good. I do see the left tail lights don't line up with the trunk in pic # 10. This is shown right before a picture of a 2018 where it also doesn't line up so is this a common issue?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/refreshing-revolting-2020-subaru-legacy/#2020-subaru-legacy-at-chicago-auto-show-4

How do you know this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Friend whose a QC manager at SIA said they came in under tarps and then shipped to chicago without showing the finished product..all they got to see was the shell

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Subaru has been struggling with quality control as of late. They expanded really fast recently and it shows with all the recalls they have been issuing. Hopefully the new global platform and more Toyota technology helps alleviate most of their issues. Edited by RumbleRumble

Friend whose a QC manager at SIA said they came in under tarps and then shipped to chicago without showing the finished product..all they got to see was the shell

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Cool.

I can't testify to the Legacy as they only go down A line but I know B line has been seeing some Outback pilots.

The other pic was for a 2018 with a similar issue. So are panel gaps always that uneven with Subaru Legacys?

Keep in mind, when looking at the back, unless you take the picture perfectly square with the rear of the car, the gaps are going to look different in the picture.

• 4 months later...
What is an Outback Pilot?
Pilot isn't a name it's a term that refers to the initial trial run of something. The first test run vehicles are called pilots and remain so until production officially starts. SIA has been running pilots of Legacy and Outback 2020MY for weeks now working out the production and quality quirks.

• 4 weeks later...