LegacyGT.com

Hesitation At WoT

Anybody every experience hesitation or shutter at Wot. Once I hit peak boost in the 3rd start getting hesitation as if I was hitting fuel cut. Plugs have been changed to oem and still same problem.

Just Installed BNR 18g with all supporting mods and tuning.

Leaning towards coils but nothing looks wrong with them and Im not getting any CELs

Here is a graph you can see the wastegate duty cycle

45621e621e5da1bdb6eaa22f7a6e570c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also log cylinder roughness if you think it is a misfire on the top end. Coils could definitely be a culprit. I don't see anything that looks amiss in your logs. Have you changed your clutch? It is possible it could be slipping at WOT. Try tracking your boost error as well and see if the ecm is trying to cut boost on you. And if you don't mind, list your mods to the engine/turbo/boost control system. If it isn't a misfire I wonder if your bpv is leaking.

Have you checked your timing advance? I don't know that this impacts high rpm hesitation, but I know "tired" OCV's were giving me hesitation (below2k) and idle issues. Replaced them and the car runs like new again. I even feel like I picked up power (prolly did since the old OCV's could have been advancing or not returning to zero when commanded).

Thanks for the responses me and my tuner have checked everything based on the logs and it all looks normal. Except wastegate duty.

Here are my mods

1- invidia q300 exhaust

2- Nameless catted J-pipe

3- GFB BPV

4- racerx tmic

5- AEM air drop in air filter

6- IAG AOS

7- stage 2 comp clutch

8-18g vf54 hybrid turbo

9- Fuel Injector clinic 1000cc

10-DW300 fuel para

i had a similar issue that turned out to be the coils. its quite hard to get a CEL from misfires but if you watch misfires for each cylinder it can be pin pointed pretty quickly, then swap the coils and see if the misfire follows. its an accurate and free way to asses your coils.

i had a similar issue that turned out to be the coils. its quite hard to get a CEL from misfires but if you watch misfires for each cylinder it can be pin pointed pretty quickly, then swap the coils and see if the misfire follows. its an accurate and free way to asses your coils.

Hmm about how much roughness is not acceptable?

Might be worth trying a small plug gap (eg .022-.024") if you haven't already.

I just replaced with stock but might be worth a shot do they come pre gapped ?

Do you happen to have No Lift To Shift enabled ?

The plugs would have come pre gapped.

If you suspect the plugs, I'd consider picking up some copper plugs and adjust the gap on those while you're testing.

Any chance youre able to get a learning view screenshot up?

My Mazdaspeed6 would do this when the plugs were bad. Always checks the gap on new plugs, especially on boosted engines and even more so with elevated boost levels. With your mods you may need to move in heat range for your plugs.

Hmm about how much roughness is not acceptable?

so the roughness is a counter of sorts, not sure of how long it counts for but its no more than 10 seconds. if you see any of the counters get above 2 I'd switch the coils to see if it follows, if not you'll have to start looking at the plugs. i did all fresh coils recently and I haven't seen them above 1 since. you don't even have to log if you have a V3, you can just put all of them on your gauge screen and check the high values after your drive.

Do you happen to have No Lift To Shift enabled ?

The plugs would have come pre gapped.

If you suspect the plugs, I'd consider picking up some copper plugs and adjust the gap on those while you're testing.

Any chance youre able to get a learning view screenshot up?

i bought "pre gapped" plugs and uhhh... they definitely had a gap. it was just WELL ABOVE what the service manual says it should be... which i think is .028-.031 but i'd double check that.

Yeah the most I got on roughness was 2 and never repeated on the same cylinder. On Monday im booked for a boost leak test hopefully we can find something wrong, because we cannot find anything.

I suspect coils. Build a 4 metric gauge on your AP to display the roughness from each cylinder. If its coilpacks, that gauge should pinpoint which cylinder. Usually it would also throw a CEL. My cylinder #3 coil went up on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived