LegacyGT.com

2007 legacy gt blinking check engine and stumbling

So I just had a new engine pulled from another legacy gt dropped in my car using the manifold that belongs to my car.

The Car starts up right away but runs good for about 10 seconds than the car starts stumbling and check engine light starts blinking I pulled the codes says miss fire cylinder 1-4. When you rev the car and let go of the gas rpms drop all the way and it nearly stalls, if you rev it shakes real bad until about 3k rpm and cleans up like if the missfire were to disappear. I took some data logging if anyone wants to help me see what’s going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blinking CEL means multiple cylinder misfire. Did they put new plugs in the engine when they put it in? If so, find out if they were the correct plugs or not. Also check the plugs on the coils and make sure they are plugged in all the way and they are correct for each cylinder.

Did they do timing belt when they put the engine in? If so, that could be an issue too.

You said they used your intake manifold and injectors. Did you have an issue before on the other engine with cylinder misfires? It could be that you picked up some junk in your injectors.

Just these to start and hopefully you'll find something easy to fix.

I bought brand new ngk spark plugs for it they made sure the gap was correct, the engine that was put in my car is perfect I actually drove the car that the engine was pulled from for about a week and it ran perfectly no codes.

They didn’t touch the timing other than make sure it was still on time. Only thing that was changed on the engine was that my coil packs that looked newer from my old engine were put on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're sure they (your coils) seated on the spark plugs correctly? Sometimes, they are difficult to get into place.

You obviously changed something. Now you have to backtrack and find out what you changed. It sounds to me like the coils are the first place to start.

You're sure they (your coils) seated on the spark plugs correctly? Sometimes, they are difficult to get into place.

You obviously changed something. Now you have to backtrack and find out what you changed. It sounds to me like the coils are the first place to start.

I’m gonna start with the coils Tomorrow, but does each coil have to be in the exact cylinder it was made for?

I’m gonna start with the coils Tomorrow, but does each coil have to be in the exact cylinder it was made for?

To answer your question, no. The coils are not cylinder-specific. If you isolate your misfire to a particular cylinder, you can try swapping coils to see if it moves with them.

Archived