LegacyGT.com

What Car do you want your Legacy to perform like?

Yeah I grew up idolizing him actually. He's married to Paulina Porizkova (not sure if it's spelled right). She was in a movie with Tom Selleck called Her Alibi.

She wasn't in a movie with Tom Selleck...she was in THE movie with Tom Selleckicon_biggrin.gif. That woman started me on a lifelong love affair with sultry toned slavic women. My memories of Linda Fiornetino are forever etched with her debut role as Sacha in "Gotcha" (1985).

Very very simple. Out-accelerate, out-handle and out-brake the Ferrari FXX (special Enzo), be faster than a Formula One car (415 kph top end) and be more economical than a Toyota Prius Hybrid Synergy drive.

Imo...you should have asked what other "better" 4-door sedan car can the Legacy GT emulate upon enhancements ? People would then have answered more in terms of M5, M3 (next one will be a 4-dr), S55 AMG, AUDI RS-6 and so on. But you ask a bad question...you get the answer deserved.

Very very simple. Out-accelerate, out-handle and out-brake the Ferrari FXX (special Enzo), be faster than a Formula One car (415 kph top end) and be more economical than a Toyota Prius Hybrid Synergy drive.

I opt for Hydrogen-powered.. it would put the Prius to shame. Oh, and nothing wrong with having something like 500 mpg right? ;)

Dont forget, it would so nice to have a car that weighs something like less than 1000 lbs..

Laminar Concept Vikings are just to drool for.. [RX-7 Turbo motor at 400~500 whp with a 950 lbs chassis?]

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0302scc_uscc2_38_zoom.jpg

Keefe

I've been told these suckers are good for 300 miles for their tank (so long as the boost isn't always on).. and nothing wrong with getting an oil cooler with a bigger capacity.. keep like 2 or 3 qts in the car.. that's what that "trunk" is for. ;)
Keefe

I opt for Hydrogen-powered.. it would put the Prius to shame. Oh, and nothing wrong with having something like 500 mpg right? ;)

Dont forget, it would so nice to have a car that weighs something like less than 1000 lbs..

Laminar Concept Vikings are just to drool for.. [RX-7 Turbo motor at 400~500 whp with a 950 lbs chassis?]

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0302scc_uscc2_38_zoom.jpg

looks like a riced out caterham

Sorry. Ariel Atom for me. Or for lack of better alternatives, the F-2004 Ferrari Formula One car with some kind of conversion to keep the 950 BHP and 600 kg weight in a package that is street legal and is more economical than the Prius. (I think that unless we go nuts on atom-power (nuke power) - derived electricity, hydrogen-powered vehicles are not gonna be feasable.)

That"s cause we started dreaming here...

I like the mechanical concept of the Laminar Concept Viking, and that is what rotaries are good at (high-revving low weight sports cars.)

I am getting a little tired of the Lotus 7 rehashes, though. I am thinking something more like a Gordon Murray's Rocket. I'd go front, rather than mid engined... the details and simplicity are nice, but the proportions are just odd. Better yet, split the weight. Engine in front, transaxle in the rear.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/2403-2.jpg

Or a modernized version of something like this: a Brabham BT23C

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/67-1.jpg

ANYWAY.... Meanwhile, back on the topic...

I think the Legacy GT should perform respectably for what it is. A compact sport sedan (not quite midsize, definitely bigger than sub-compact.)

I am not sure it could handle as well as an RX8, although it has more power and torque.

I do wholeheartedly think it should be a step up on the E36 M3 4-door. It is an older model, but it was the benchmark for a compact sport coupe and sedan, and almost universally admitted to be a great car. It isn't being made anymore, the E46 is larger, and heavier, and being replaced again by a V8 car, and the price will probably go up again.

Meanwhile technology has marched on, prices have gone down, efficiency and safety have gone up. And there are a few contenders for the old 27-34k sport sedan bracket, but mostly they are chasing the 40k-50k cars, such as the current M3/330.

I think a real value leader, a competent technical performance car (not a FWD wannabe, even a convincing one...) with modest weight, an appropriate options list (moderate amount of standard equipment, moderate and functional or meaningful list of add-ons) with more than 250hp and lb-ft. of torque, and a manual transmission.

Give it a kick-arse powerplant, and launch a missle at the expensive M3 and S4, in the form of a Legacy STi, and go after the RX8/G35c with a rebirth of a Legacy Based Sporty Grand Touring Coupe... the rebirth of the SVX.

Archived