LegacyGT.com

Eyesight helped me avoid an accident today.

Cruising around 40 and the car in front of me which was far enough stalled in the middle of the road, I was looking for a brief moment on my left and the eyesight precollision warning beeped at me and started breaking, by the time I breaked at full stop I was still few ft away from the stalled car.

I am glad of this technology. As a human we have slow reaction, it’s good to have another pair of eyes that is there just Incase.

• 2 years later...

Just remember that EyeSight is a driver assist system, not an autopilot. You, the driver, are still in charge and responsible. At closure rates above 30 mph, even under ideal conditions, EyeSight may not be able to stop in time to prevent a collision, but it will still reduce the damage and risk of injury.

The important thing about EyeSight is that it's always there in the background, a second set of eyes that never get tired, careless, or distracted.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I can't honestly say that my EyeSight has saved me from any accidents .

But it is one of the main reasons that I bought my first Subaru .

The technology is a nice aid ........ just in case .

OTOH , I bought my then 21 yo son a 2019 Legacy and I'm pretty darn sure that it has saved his bacon !

George

It has helped me avoid too many to count and makes my 50k/year commute a breeze.

You can still get yourself into an unavoidable collision.

As a side note... Still was able to drive her home, no leaks (crumple-zones performed as they should have).

IMG_4163.thumb.jpg.e51af9c66c775b421559bb1e6d28ca78.jpg

I did come within feet of hitting 2 moose at night this winter and the eye sight didn't register any of them, so driver vigilance is still required. Then again a moose at night is probably one of the hardest things to make out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I did come within feet of hitting 2 moose at night this winter and the eye sight didn't register any of them ...

EyeSight was trained to recognize deer, along with vehicles and pedestrians, but probably not moose. Might not recognize a train, either. I will confirm from personal experience, however, that EyeSight will brake for large tumbleweeds blowing across the road.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

. I will confirm from personal experience, however, that EyeSight will brake for large tumbleweeds blowing across the road.

:lol::lol::lol:

We don’t have that issue by me. We do have issues with tumbleweaves...

• 2 weeks later...
EyeSight was trained to recognize deer, along with vehicles and pedestrians, but probably not moose. Might not recognize a train, either. I will confirm from personal experience, however, that EyeSight will brake for large tumbleweeds blowing across the road.
Wait really? How slow did it brake you to? Sounds super dangerous

Envoyé de mon LG-M703 en utilisant Tapatalk

Not dangerous at all. I simply applied throttle (which overrides any EyeSight braking) and steered around them ... just as you would avoid any other minor obstacle. EyeSight is a driver assist system, not an autopilot. The driver is still in charge. Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png