LegacyGT.com

Brakes, best option?

I work as a delivery driver. So while I don't race or anything like that, I would go through brakes every 5 or 6 months on my previous car. I always got the cheapest option though. While I'm not trying to get brakes fit for a Ferrari obviously, what would still be a decent top of the line option in my case for the legacy. I just want something that will last an exceptionally long time but at the same time isn't overkill. It's a 2013 Subaru legacy 2.5i premium.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tires go a long way too for brake performance. I just replaced my stock front pads at 63k and they had about 5mm left on them. replaced with Power Stop Z23 pads and new Centric pain rotors. Seems to stop better than stock pads and no noise.

Stick with oem. Hawk hps are also long wearing, but it will really come down to how and how often you use them. If you are only looking for longevity OEM. Mine had over 70k miles on them and were about half worn.

I work as a delivery driver. So while I don't race or anything like that, I would go through brakes every 5 or 6 months on my previous car. I always got the cheapest option though. While I'm not trying to get brakes fit for a Ferrari obviously, what would still be a decent top of the line option in my case for the legacy. I just want something that will last an exceptionally long time but at the same time isn't overkill. It's a 2013 Subaru legacy 2.5i premium.

If I had to guess, around 25,000-30,000

Not that many miles, but considering delivery driver work it's not that different from tracking. :p

But the stock rotors and pads on the Subies are as I see it pretty good and should last longer than the 6 months you are used to.

Just be aware that long life pads means short life rotors and possibly also not as good braking power.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...
I currently am running the stock pads and at 80k miles now. Thinking they might need changing soon.
I changed stock pads @ 90k and most of them still had 1/4 pad left. Warped front rotors was the only reason I changed them out then. I'm sure one could make OEM pads last 100k mi with regular daily driving and using engine braking.

Archived