LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

bUv9obA.jpg

So I got fined for being too low, then I got a defect for having air suspension essentially.

bR5hpkC.jpg

So I then went to work in making the air suspension compliant!

hm2vMtX.jpg

This involved installing a handbrake cutout for the remote given the rules state that the remote cannot be accessible to the driver. Well it wont be if its off whilst driving.

T5t33C8.jpg

So I tapped into the EPB with a relay and MOSFET

dLkEiWZ.jpg

I installed it under the cup holders

qRJ5tvG.jpg

92Y9crJ.mp4

And because I was worried about being defective for being too low (weird rules) - I raised the car mechanically

Y1aQKPF.jpg

6Y4av6F.jpg

I then got a new modification plate which essentially said I was not defective

RyeHEpZ.jpg

0TQF4sG.jpg

So now its low again!

More pictures and a video of the relay in action here: https://imgur.com/gallery/Yul51vI

Car looks amazing!

Would you guys quit quoting his post WITH EVERY SINGLE PIC!?

Amen. Always edit long quotes to remove all but essential context information.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Getting the car ready for this major snow storm that's about to hit the northeast. I won't get much snow but I hate freezing rain. I love the Frost Guard shield and mirror covers, saves me so much time cleaning snow off my car. 1c8728bb47c61d6e76002bfed08f14b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah depends where you are. I ended up getting only freezing rain. Most of my coworkers further west and north of me got 8+ inches of snow and ice. I swear every time I put this cover on my car, the snow says nah we're gonna skip her lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Whats up everyone , anyone know of a good high output alternator ? I threw in a system but I need an alternator upgrade I’m drawing to much power for the stock one to handle

I believe either mechman or jsalternators makes one for our car,I’m also thinking of upgrading mine,I did all big3 and all wires 1/0 ofc gauge,but when I’m driving and bass hits I can feel the car loses power.

• 2 weeks later...

Delivered our 2015 Legacy to my preferred auto body repair shop yesterday. A kamikaze white-tail deer ran into the left side of the car at dusk shortly before Thanksgiving. My wife was driving. The only visible damage was big dents in both left-side doors and some "bodily fluids" left behind, but the deer (a mature doe) didn't survive the encounter.

The good news is that our comprehensive insurance will pay (less deductible) to have both left-side doors replaced with new Subaru parts ... to the tune of about $3,500. I was pleasantly surprised that our insurance company didn't dispute the use of new OEM parts, perhaps a benefit of choosing a long-established body shop with a reputation for excellence. (There was a recently-repaired Ferrari 355 visible from the front office when I dropped off our lowly Subaru Legacy.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Delivered our 2015 Legacy to my preferred auto body repair shop yesterday. A kamikaze white-tail deer ran into the left side of the car at dusk shortly before Thanksgiving. My wife was driving. The only visible damage was big dents in both left-side doors and some "bodily fluids" left behind, but the mature doe didn't survive the encounter.

The good news is that our comprehensive insurance will pay (less deductible) to have both left-side doors replaced with new Subaru parts ... to the tune of about $3,500. I was pleasantly surprised that our insurance company didn't dispute the use of new OEM parts, perhaps a benefit of choosing a long-established body shop with a reputation for excellence. (There was a recently-repaired Ferrari 355 visible from the front office when I dropped off our lowly Subaru Legacy.)

Holy moly, that must have shocked (literally) the hell out of you!

I can't believe they're giving you OEM parts. I also got a decent amount of OEM sheet metal when my '08 STI was hit in the front. They say that there was no aftermarket option for cheaper.

Do the doors come painted?

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I can't believe they're giving you OEM parts.

Our body shop works daily with insurance companies and I trust that they know what they're doing, both technically and in a business sense. I can only speculate that the doors being an essential part of the vehicle's side impact protection may have something to do with it. It probably also doesn't hurt that the rest of the car is in pristine mechanical and cosmetic condition.

Do the doors come painted?
No, it will be paint/blend to match. They are VERY good at it, but the results will speak for themselves. Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

Delivered our 2015 Legacy to my preferred auto body repair shop yesterday. A kamikaze white-tail deer ran into the left side of the car at dusk shortly before Thanksgiving. My wife was driving. The only visible damage was big dents in both left-side doors and some "bodily fluids" left behind, but the deer (a mature doe) didn't survive the encounter.

Glad to hear your family is OK. Looks like you have a great body shop and the car should be fixed good as new.

• 3 weeks later...
Had the dealership install SPC adjustable rear lower control arms to fix the camber in the rear yesterday. They came with an eccentric toe bushing as well which I didn't need but now my camber is back into spec after lowering it with BC coils. Adjustable toe arms were not necessary, thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...
Had the dealership install SPC adjustable rear lower control arms to fix the camber in the rear yesterday. They came with an eccentric toe bushing as well which I didn't need but now my camber is back into spec after lowering it with BC coils. Adjustable toe arms were not necessary, thankfully.

How do you like the BC Coils?

I really like them. The adjustability has a wide range, and I haven't gone to the full soft setting but you can get good control without too much harshness.

We have some highways in NY that are brutal and they were too harsh at the mid setting...15/30. I softened to 25/30 on the way back and it was no big deal after that. For daily winter driving I run them about 23, but I would likely firm them up to 5 or 10 for autoX or track duty, and back to 15 for a canyon run.

Quality product, probably 3 out of 5 difficulty to install yourself. Getting the height adjustment right is the hardest part; but that's all coilovers.

Just slightly noisier than stock which is to be expected.

I highly recommend them, especially for the price.

I really like them. The adjustability has a wide range, and I haven't gone to the full soft setting but you can get good control without too much harshness.

We have some highways in NY that are brutal and they were too harsh at the mid setting...15/30. I softened to 25/30 on the way back and it was no big deal after that. For daily winter driving I run them about 23, but I would likely firm them up to 5 or 10 for autoX or track duty, and back to 15 for a canyon run.

Quality product, probably 3 out of 5 difficulty to install yourself. Getting the height adjustment right is the hardest part; but that's all coilovers.

Just slightly noisier than stock which is to be expected.

I highly recommend them, especially for the price.

Thanks for the insight, always been on the fence about them since not many people are running them. How much did it drop the ride height for you?

I find myself more often out in snow and gravel/dirt backroads on weekend trips and limited daily driving.

NY roads are brutal, especially in the winter, by the time you get to February its Mario Kart with the potholes and rough patches.

Thanks for the insight, always been on the fence about them since not many people are running them. How much did it drop the ride height for you?

I find myself more often out in snow and gravel/dirt backroads on weekend trips and limited daily driving.

Well you can drop it however low you want. For me I had whiteline lowering springs first with stock shocks. I do not recommend that setup. The front was so low I would hit the ice chunks off people's wheel well droppings. So the BCs raised me up about 1.5 inches in the front (car was raked). Overall I think I have it set about an inch lower than stock, maybe a little more. The center of the bumper is 6.5 in and the side (in front of the wheel) is probably about 5-5.5."

I just realized I don't have a picture since I installed them so I'll have to take one and you can see how low. This one is from when I had the springs, so it's about the same in the back and a little higher than this up front.83a6552291cd7332aaddd921e6d1cd63.jpg