LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Looks dope af!! What's the model? Does it work with the wheel controls and backup camera?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Dmx1037s I believe and yes I was able to retain steering wheel controls and back up cam. I bought a maestro rr2 to allow me to do those things and more I got individual tire pressure now and can view my intake temperature. Lots of cool tricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Did a Full Detail this weekend; Chemical Guys is my go to for the past 6 years.. My process starts with CG's Clean Slate to remove all polish and wax then I use Medium Clay Compound with Clay Luber then put some CG White Light Poilish then Top it off with CG V07 Luster Wax.. I used to use Pete's 53 Wax when I was doing Indoor Car Shows because the Lights really make the Metallic Pop but Covid kinda Killed those show.. Also trying out my New Car Cover from Andew fits nice..

IMG_20210509_161924_656.thumb.jpg.91f217e8f4e51adc645c995f7e8e1eee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Did a Full Detail this weekend; Chemical Guys is my go to for the past 6 years.. My process starts with CG's Clean Slate to remove all polish and wax then I use Medium Clay Compound with Clay Luber then put some CG White Light Poilish then Top it off with CG V07 Luster Wax.. I used to use Pete's 53 Wax when I was doing Indoor Car Shows because the Lights really make the Metallic Pop but Covid kinda Killed those show.. Also trying out my New Car Cover from Andew fits nice..

When can I book my car in with you? :lol:

When can I book my car in with you? [emoji38]
Haha.. I can teach you..Like the Old Saying.."Give a Man a Fish and you'll feed him for a day." "Teach a Man to Fish and you've fed him for life" I'm always down to show anyone who want to learn..[emoji41][emoji41]

Haha.. I can teach you..Like the Old Saying.."Give a Man a Fish and you'll feed him for a day." "Teach a Man to Fish and you've fed him for life" I'm always down to show anyone who want to learn..[emoji41][emoji41]

You should record your process and then edit it and post :)

Just finished moving my Amps behind the rear seat,gotta tuck and clean up the wires a bit.

Nice clean install man so much better then just on the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Took a Road trip to the NW from San Diego to visit Family and Old Subies Friends and Decided to hit a couple Car Shows while I'm here.. First one went down yesterday had 60+ Subarus to compete against and was able to get Best Subaru. Next Show is next Weekend..20210523_171555.thumb.jpg.56a63756479c1888fbfe5313602f5820.jpg

20210523_101216.jpg.aff64071abc287b9ab0004d26afda600.jpg

Finally got around to washing my car, didnt get to wax it. Re-wrapped my trunk lip( I cannot remember the specific name of this section). This is my second attempt because I didnt like my first go around. I managed to wash 1 of my rims before the thunderstorm rolled through. I think since my last post:

-Redid my tint to 5%

-redid the back Subaru logo and made it 3x bigger, had some other logo work done

-installed rain guards

-had my side mirrors painted black(not done by me)

-put some door overlays on the car;

-put in those reflectice door handle scratch protectors but I've yet to see it actually do anything. However, I just found some JDM OEM carbon fiber ones; I'll get those soon.

-attempted to wrap my front grill. It wasn't bad but I didnt like the end result. If I attempt to use it again, I'll use the tape roll instead of the full sheet. Redid the grill using Dioyourcar Hydrodip Kit. I might need to re do it again.

-I thought about wrapping my roof but the fin has me thinking about not doing it.

-still on the fence about coilovers, just haven't found a set that I really love.

-Finally debadged the trunk; I've learned that 100% acetone (the nail polish remover one) and 100% isopropyl alcohol removes that glue stuff the best.

Hope you guys all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the holiday.6df75aed034d917534a789e1d259ec7e.jpg5a02e41dfaef3aae981c5b46bc55e9ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Changed to fresh pads on my 3.6R for my track day Friday. First time working on an electronic rear brake. Was very easy to turn the piston in with just a set of pliers. Very little force/torque required, so no need for the special tool, which I was happy about.

Had a blast on the NY safety track Friday with the Got Track motor sports club out of long island. First time at full speed on a big boy track and surrounded by porches, lambos vettes and beemers but I still had a lot of fun. Learned a lot, especially about tire pressures, and that the 3.6R brakes are very solid.

I didn't time my laps, to focus on the fundamentals, but I was definitely gaining speed throughout the day. Only on one session did I push the car too hard and it cut me down to 4k rpm... No lights...i think the cvt had had enough, so I did a cool down lap and pitted.

I was very surprised what the big boat is capable of. If you're on the fence about tracking your daily, you should go for it.

Only on one session did I push the car too hard and it cut me down to 4k rpm... No lights...i think the cvt had had enough, so I did a cool down lap and pitted.

Interesting. I've never heard of that happening. I doubt it was the CVT, else you would have had a CVT fluid overtemp warning light. Any DTCs set?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Day is not good right now,was making adjustments on my audio,and all of a sudden smoke coming out my sub box ,one of my sub coil burnt so I remove it and just left the other sub on then turned on my radio and no sound an any of my speakers,found that my Audio control LC7-I went out too����*♂️

UPDATE:Fixed my LC7,and Skar Audio is sending me a new Sub since it was still under warranty…

Edited by PATS4LIFE

Day is not good right now,was making adjustments on my audio,and all of a sudden smoke coming out my sub box ,one of my sub coil burnt so I remove it and just left the other sub on then turned on my radio and no sound an any of my speakers,found that my Audio control LC7-I went out too*[emoji3603]
That Sucks..Hope you get it back up and running..

Man that’s ruff best of luck getting everything resolved. If ur in the market for a new LOC I use the DS18 5channel LOC. I think it was $60 maybe so not to bad.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...