LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Man that’s ruff best of luck getting everything resolved. If ur in the market for a new LOC I use the DS18 5channel LOC. I think it was $60 maybe so not to bad.

Ya I had that DS18 LOC for back up that’s what I have hook up right now,but I figured out the issue on the LC7 I opened it up and the solder on the ground broke off, so I went ahead re-tinned it and it’s back up running again.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Awesome man good to hear it’s working again

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

• 2 weeks later...

Well...had a rough time this week with the sway bar upgrade on my partner's 2018 3.6R. She wants the bars but not the springs/coils which makes a ton of sense. Best bang for the buck....but...being in the northeast and having 2-3 winters on the car, BOTH end links stripped out their hex counterhold...dumbest design BTW...due to rust. So I thought I'd cut them off and buy whiteline. Amazon said they were compatible. The cutting was near impossible even with a dremel given the space I had so I took the bar out with links attached. Victory! Only to find the whitelines were too long in the LCA mount by a mm or too. Don't have the tools to grind them down so.....guess I have to wait for new OEM ones from the dealership. Don't want the Moog's because of the need to fill with grease all the time so options are limited.

Was a 30 minute job on my 19 when it was new....but that's the way it goes in the northeast. I can't wait until the aftermarket catches up for the 6th gen like they have for 4th and 5th...

Well...had a rough time this week with the sway bar upgrade on my partner's 2018 3.6R. She wants the bars but not the springs/coils which makes a ton of sense. Best bang for the buck....but...being in the northeast and having 2-3 winters on the car, BOTH end links stripped out their hex counterhold...dumbest design BTW...due to rust. So I thought I'd cut them off and buy whiteline. Amazon said they were compatible. The cutting was near impossible even with a dremel given the space I had so I took the bar out with links attached. Victory! Only to find the whitelines were too long in the LCA mount by a mm or too. Don't have the tools to grind them down so.....guess I have to wait for new OEM ones from the dealership. Don't want the Moog's because of the need to fill with grease all the time so options are limited.

Was a 30 minute job on my 19 when it was new....but that's the way it goes in the northeast. I can't wait until the aftermarket catches up for the 6th gen like they have for 4th and 5th...

You can put the Kart Boy endlinks on from Gen 4 or 5.. The Rear Suspension is the same from 2010 to 2018.. So WRX Parts will fit..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I was barely able to get half of mine off using vice grips, though the grease oozing from the boot (which could NOT be cleaned well enough) provided for a precarious grip. I was close to breaking out the Drexel, too!

I ended up going with the cheapest replacement option at the time, which was OE with a coupon. OE is good enough for an XV bar…I’m not a fan of pillow-ball links (i.e., bootless).

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Update, I got some OE style replacements from O'Reilly's (because the dealership wanted $210 for the set) and had some trouble putting in the right side one...i wish I'd have started on the left with the whitelines....it appears my control arm was slightly out of tolerance and I had to hammer the new end link down into it. On the left side I was able to slide it in without use of a hammer.

Having already started the return with Amazon and installed the new OE styles I wasn't going to muck about with the whitelines again, but of note...it is POSSIBLE that they DO also fit.

At this point I'm just glad it's done :)

I didn't do anything crazy this weekend. I got my new plate tags in the mail and some new carbon fiber license plate covers. b54903212de074da4a0eab0b2663b06a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would love to get the spoiler. Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to get the spoiler. Where did you get it?

https://www.subispeed.com/part/cr-17imp-oes-carbon-reproductions-oe-sport-style-spoiler-2017-impreza-4d#.YPAonRgpB-E It looks like it's currently out of stock bit they should get more in. Word of caution, it does not lay flush to the trunk so you will have to drill into your trunk hood.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by Kay2DaA

Installed the Takeda intake finally after waiting on my exhaust project to complete (which it did, yesterday). Now I have a header back customs exhaust and an intake...retuning starts tomorrow. In prep for a retune I also changed my plugs....

Not the easiest job ever, but honestly cyl 6 is really the crux of it. The rest wasn't bad. Took about 5-6 hours for plugs and intake, with a lunch break.

I give the takeda a 4 out of 5 for quality and fitment. No major issues just a few petty complaints.f5e34a3af907963dba621cfbca5fb7a5.jpg04bc46cff385c9229086eec36d1c2fe2.jpgcc40f1c95d91e848366d049ead3ec89b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
What tires did you get?will need new ones soon.
Since the Legacy isn't really a sports sedan I bought Achilles High Performance All Seasons they have a 400 tread wear and suit me just fine and actually pretty inexpensive. Won't kill your pocket book..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Sweet me too! Putting them on next week after my track day this Friday....which should obliterate any tread I have left on my Yoko's.

Nice!

I had some BFG G-Force Comp-2 a/s that were pretty worn out so the continentals were a huge upgrade.