LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Put on a new V-Belt and put in a new engine air filter. Man, that automatic tensioner made it too easy to do - took about 5 minutes from start to finish! It was actually faster than the engine air filter as I tried the equivalent WIX filter but think I got one a little out of spec/warped as the air box around it would not close properly. I just ended up getting another OEM one for a few dollars more that fit just as expected.

... I tried the equivalent WIX filter but think I got one a little out of spec/warped as the air box around it would not close properly.

The WIX filters I've used have always fit perfectly. Are you sure you got the right part number (2.5 engine air filter = WIX 49012)?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The WIX filters I've used have always fit perfectly. Are you sure you got the right part number (2.5 engine air filter = WIX 49012)?

Yes I got that part number. I tried it because of your previous post actually. It looked identical and matched up perfectly when held side-by-side. I honestly don't know what was keeping it from fitting well. I put in the new OEM one, and it popped right in. I'll probably try a new WIX one next time I change the filter since I really do believe it was just a fluke that it didn't fit and they are about $10 cheaper than OEM for what looks like a good quality filter.

Put on a new V-Belt and put in a new engine air filter. Man, that automatic tensioner made it too easy to do - took about 5 minutes from start to finish! It was actually faster than the engine air filter as I tried the equivalent WIX filter but think I got one a little out of spec/warped as the air box around it would not close properly. I just ended up getting another OEM one for a few dollars more that fit just as expected.

Curious A 2 year old car needed a new V-Belt all ready>>>

Curious A 2 year old car needed a new V-Belt all ready>>>

More like 3.5 years old. Only at 53,000 miles but I've been getting some chirping/squealing on wet mornings. The belt physically looked to be in good shape, clean, and did not have any visible cracking. All of the pulleys looked clean and rotating without any wobble. I put on a Carquest Dayco Belt from Advance Auto, PN #5060780. It was 25% off and I got an additional 20% cash back from my credit card for a random deal they had at the time which made it $18. It seems to have fixed the noise as it has been very wet lately and there is no squeaking anymore. I also wanted to try and rule out the automatic tensioner as the issue since that could be replaced under the powertrain warranty still, I believe.

My cost of unexpected maintenance/repairs is up to $18 now. Not too shabby :).

Oh wait, I mean - "This car is an endless money pit! My (Insert $80,000) car never needed a new belt, first this now the head gasket is surely next, not to mention the CVT is about to explode!" :lol:

My cost of unexpected maintenance/repairs is up to $18 now.

"This car is an endless money pit! My (Insert $80,000) car never needed a new belt, first this now the head gasket is surely next, not to mention the CVT is about to explode!"

I feel your pain!

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Anyone know why these wheels are obnoxiusly loud on my 16 legacy. they are a different tire size than what is supposed to be on the legacy. The wrx rims are 17 x 8and the stock subaru rims are 17 x 7.5, not sure if that might be it

673785503_ScreenShot2019-10-07at10_26_12PM.thumb.png.80ba110e8c9ee46482050602f4fd355e.png

So the larger whiteline rear sway bars come with support braces. I went with the STi OEM 20mm rear bar with Kartboy endlinks. I finally got around to getting the Whiteline KBR15 and put em in today when the car was on the lift for an oil change. Havent driven around much yet so I cant say if I notice them yet

Anyone know why these wheels are obnoxiusly loud on my 16 legacy. they are a different tire size than what is supposed to be on the legacy. The wrx rims are 17 x 8and the stock subaru rims are 17 x 7.5, not sure if that might be it

I'm sure it isn't the wheels. I'm assuming you are now running different tires? Some tires are a lot noisier than others. Hi-performance tread designs are often louder than the more "normal" type tires. I'll bet the WRX tires have a more aggressive tread design.

• 2 weeks later...
After 3 years and 69k miles on my OEM brake pads, I decided to replace them. Took the front pads out and realized that there is still plenty of pad left. I was very surprised... cleaned, and put the OEM pads back in. Going to keep the purchased pads for another few months. At this rate, I may be able to get another year out of the OEM pads.

Fixing up my air suspension. The installers are so....

Anyways the stress will be over soon! Double bellow front and rear and a new lowered rear control arm. Wooo

Yeah would like to know what company did the Front Suspension research.. Pretty curious..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I honestly am not sure if I can recommend this suspension kit to anybody.

Its fundamentally a Chinese/Australian mixture. I have had issues with it hence it is being reinstalled at the moment.

If you REALLY want to gamble then yeah the suspension is from a company called KSport here in Australia. I got the most expensive kit which features a remote that has the psi readout on it. Its not auto-leveling, but hey.

"The worlds best auto parts" :lol:

But look, when I went to a known and reputable company for my air suspension (airride.com.au) they failed to find anything and wanted me to spend thousands on a custom set and then fork out for the American brand air gear. The only reason I didn't go down this path was the only place that would install it wanted about $2000. So all up the cost would have been around $8000-9000.

I went with what I have now for a total of $5000 including installation (a little bit more now that I have the rear control arm - only bought to lower the rear a bit given as double bellows can't go as low as sleeve bags).

I still feel I have been overcharged, but this is life - if I knew about installing shit and about suspension I surely would have saved a fortune.

More photos: https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5921177&postcount=108

;)

699021570_WhatsAppImage2019-10-24at11_23_14AM.thumb.jpg.d968c1b57773f72dfbbecabf5185dac4.jpg

718359653_WhatsAppImage2019-10-24at11_27_17AM.thumb.jpg.95c2314986fb1da01bfd92cca58dfc5e.jpg

Edited by Libertarian

I honestly am not sure if I can recommend this suspension kit to anybody.

Its fundamentally a Chinese/Australian mixture. I have had issues with it hence it is being reinstalled at the moment.

If you REALLY want to gamble then yeah the suspension is from a company called KSport here in Australia. I got the most expensive kit which features a remote that has the psi readout on it. Its not auto-leveling, but hey.

"The worlds best auto parts" [emoji38]

But look, when I went to a known and reputable company for my air suspension (airride.com.au) they failed to find anything and wanted me to spend thousands on a custom set and then fork out for the American brand air gear. The only reason I didn't go down this path was the only place that would install it wanted about $2000. So all up the cost would have been around $8000-9000.

I went with what I have now for a total of $5000 including installation (a little bit more now that I have the rear control arm - only bought to lower the rear a bit given as double bellows can't go as low as sleeve bags).

I still feel I have been overcharged, but this is life - if I knew about installing shit and about suspension I surely would have saved a fortune.

More photos: https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5921177&postcount=108

;)

Sorry to hear that.. I was the first prototype for Airrex and they actually make a kit for our cars. It's a solid kit and I haven't had any issues since its been installed in 2016.. You gotta pay for that quality especially when your dealing with Suspension parts..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk