LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Forester to be announced on 3/29/18

IcEWoLF

too slow... ;-)
Yup, :) A whooping minute slower (maybe less). Guess thats what happens when someone wastes time to write commentary and attach the pic on this site, instead of embedding a linked one.

Either way this latest styling direction as indicated by the Forester and Ascent is not doing it for me. Just more econoboxes to sell to the masses, ugh.

SoA - since youre reading this...

'Alexander's Forester' companion app - late to the game gizmo gadget.

I can see it now, 2020 FA24DIT STI hatch crowd remote starting their track toys,

cooling off the interiors before entering on hot days and warming it up to toasty on winter nights.

Game changer lol

I can't imagine Subaru would start allowing remote engine starting manual transmission vehicles.

I think the Subaru MT are doomed in all models except for the WRX and BRZ. Based on trend and Subaru saying eye-sight is going to be standard in almost all model by 2022, it really would not surprise me if the 6MT disappears in the SGP Forester. A lot of the world currently gets a CVT only Crosstrek and Impreza since moving the SGP.

https://youtu.be/Pv28ompTbWM

Might not be a car for enthusiasts but it will sell well especially with gas mileage and the right price range, plus with standard eyesight it’s a nice addition.

Overall the car looks the same, not a fan of the front plastics around the fog lights, the rear is the same, the interior looks much nicer.

Anyone wanting a 3.6R Legacy or Outback, you'd better buy soon because I'm now certain that there won't be a turbocharged 4 nor a 6-cylinder in the next model.

Which would force me to shop elsewhere.

Anyone wanting a 3.6R Legacy or Outback, you'd better buy soon because I'm now certain that there won't be a turbocharged 4 nor a 6-cylinder in the next model.

Which would force me to shop elsewhere.

why do you think the new 2.4 turbo will not appear in the next legacy / outback?

or a plain H4 with a plug in electric motor on it.

(maybe with a "go fast" setting)

why do you think the new 2.4 turbo will not appear in the next legacy / outback?

or a plain H4 with a plug in electric motor on it.

(maybe with a "go fast" setting)

I think the 2020 models will introduce the 2.4 options in the Subaru Legacy and outbacks, but the new 2.4 engine has yet to prove itself, we shall see how it matures, I don’t want to be the first buyer to test it, maybe in 3-5 years I will consider it once it becomes more refined.

When I bought the 2010 legacy and now the 2018 it feels day and night and the cvt has improved greatly.

Who knows.

On NASOIC, someone who was at the unveiled talk to a Subaru Rep and they confirm the turbo being discontinue and mentioned that the XT was only a 10% of production, the Forester sells 170,000+ units, so that is 17,000 XT per year. The Legacy has peaked 65,000 and will likely sell 45,000 units. The prior sale numbers of 2010-2012 Legacy show an option engine take rate of 10% as well, if Subaru is willing to drop 17k, units, I am sure they are willing to drop 4500-6500 units. I think the Outback has a higher take rate of the optional engine.

I also wonder if Subaru is going to add the XT once the 2.4 DIT motor has been out for a year. There are a lot of instances where Subaru introduce a new motor in one model only before adding it across the line up.

Test drove a '17 FXT today, and talked with the people at the dealer for a bit about the new one. The sales manager said a turbo version of the sport model was coming later. Not sure if he was regurgitating rumors, mistakenly though the "sport" model had a turbo, or had knowledge from higher up. Would guess the one of the former two.

FXT in it's current form is pretty much a nogo for me. It feels about as quick as a Nissan leaf in urban driving, and pushing the handeling a in wet parking lot felt like a FWD car. While I presume this could be fixed with tuning, the fact there have been a lot of failure on that version of the CVT when pushing it makes that risky.

as of today there is no new 2019 forester page for cars101

http://www.cars101.com/forester.html

I wonder if this updated FB25B engine will get a slightly different # then the existing one. (more power, start/stop, etc. etc. etc.)

maybe someone at the autoshow can take a pic of the vin plate under the hood with the specific engine / trans #s on it.

or could ask ?

• 4 months later...

Archived