LegacyGT.com

OEM remote start issues.

Over the last week I’ve been having problems, it has been very cold as of late and my remote start won’t work, I have to try 6-7 times and it won’t kick on, sometimes I literally gotta be 10 ft away from the car for the damn thing to kick on, what a piece of junk!

I had the dealer install it less than a month ago!

I’m kinda upset that some of the equipment Subaru sells is total garbage!

I have the separate key fob since my legacy does not have the push to start.

I've had a few quirks with it. I had to open it up and adjust the contacts between the battery and the connection since I had thought my battery died, but found out it still had charge left.

I try to keep a line of sight between the car and the key but sometimes the car doesn't start ignition. It usually takes me another try to get it to work.

Just my 2 cents.

My comments won't help but had read many issues about oem remote starters when leasing my '16 WRX. Most comments were related to radio frequency and interference. Much negative feedback specific to my work area (close to airport) so opted for after market.

I have a co-worker with oem, and at times we park side by side - mine starts and his doesn't. Even if we are standing right beside the cars.

Good luck,

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

this happened at my home...and it happens way too often.

I can start my car from the 2nd floor at work during afternoon and works just fine.

I have and appointment Wednesday, hopefully they can fix it. If not I’ll have them replace the whole thing.

this [no start] happened at my home...

I can start my car from the 2nd floor at work during afternoon and works just fine.

This alone should tell you something.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Occasionally mine won’t start if I’m in a certain part of my kitchen. I usually just walk over to the garage (a few steps away) and do it there. Is it beeping several times indicating a fault, such as a door was not closed all the way etc

My mom has this similar issue with her 2015 Outback. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn’t. All from the same location at her home. I heard her complain about it for two years before I bought my car. This is the reason I went with an aftermarket starter in 2017 Legacy. Doesn’t help your case, but you’re not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, you don’t know how long that fob was on the shelf before you bought it. Try the easy solution first. Change the battery.

It was ordered by the dealer, had to wait a week for it to arrive. But I guess we can try that...

I might have missed it above, but @Ronin3.6R suggested you try the second starter fob, assuming you have two (I believe they come with 2 fobs?) - maybe it's an issue with one fob?

Again, my car is different - a traditional keyed start Gen4 Outback - but I have the separate fobs. I notice consistently that near the end of the winter "season" when I don't use RES as much, around this time of year, for example, the battery tends to get a little "tired" and I usually just switch to my second fob, which has in theory a full battery.

And I swap them both out around the fall. I don't use RES in the summer, so I don't know how long the remote battery is supposed to last.

I tried the other fob, in the morning the car started no problem, in the evening it did the same problem, I had to literally walk up 200ft to get the car started.

It could be interference. We shall see but I’d rather have the dealer look at it.

It was ordered by the dealer, had to wait a week for it to arrive. But I guess we can try that...

Could have been on a different shelf else where :) Try the easy solution. If not, you should take it back and have them check. Since its only a month old, they should be able to fix or replace under warranty.

I've not had any issues with mine in over 6 months. I can start it from my desk and the car is in the lot on the other side of the building.

Now that I sat and thought about it for a while, I do remember that I had to replace one of the remote fob batteries within a few weeks after having it installed, and thought it was unusual, but it was fixed for a few dollars at the local store.

Now that I sat and thought about it for a while, I do remember that I had to replace one of the remote fob batteries within a few weeks after having it installed, and thought it was unusual, but it was fixed for a few dollars at the local store.

If you happen to be at the dealer, I believe Wear Item Limited Warranty includes Transmitter Batteries

Archived