LegacyGT.com

Rotors and brembos??? Clutch??

I just got some brembos for my 2005 legacy gt. Can anyone point me in the rite direction on what rotors will fit my car with the brembos and where to get the rear brackets for the rear brembos to fit my car.

Also I just got a 2005 sti 6speed transmission for my car... what would be the best clutch to use? I want something in performance wise but I will DAily drive it aswell. Please and thank you!

did you also get the diffs to go with the tranny?

the guys over at nastyoc really like the Exedy stage 1 clutch. the only draw back is that clutch coupled with a lighter flywheel usually results in some chatter. but otherwise a pretty healthy option.

I assume you got the matching FW for the 6mt ?

Southbend clutches have been getting a lot of talk around here too.

I still like Spec Clutches. I enjoy the Spec 2+ in my wagon.

Brakes, you might try Mike or Rey at www.AZPinstalls.com call them.

Oh yea in CA. Try m sprank at www.infamousperformance.net

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Really enjoy my Southbend Stage 2 Endurance. Eventually will go with a Stage 3 Daily (endurance if it's a full face clutch) in preparation for more power. Do hit up Mike at Infamous, very trustworthy and excellent work.

What kind of power do you put down?

If you’re under 300whp I’d go with the Exedy oem sti clutch with a stock sti flywheel on a 6MT. Anything much over that I’d go with a Exedy stage 1.

You need rotors that are from a 2004 sti 5x100. A lot of the 5x100 rotors are dual drilled for 5x114.

did you also get the diffs to go with the tranny?

the guys over at nastyoc really like the Exedy stage 1 clutch. the only draw back is that clutch coupled with a lighter flywheel usually results in some chatter. but otherwise a pretty healthy option.

Yup got the matching diff.

Matching FW? What’s that

What kind of power do you put down?

If you’re under 300whp I’d go with the Exedy oem sti clutch with a stock sti flywheel on a 6MT. Anything much over that I’d go with a Exedy stage 1.

You need rotors that are from a 2004 sti 5x100. A lot of the 5x100 rotors are dual drilled for 5x114.

I’m rite at 300 but plan on going up in the near future. Thanks for the rotor info,but is there also a aftermarket rotor that will fit my car for brembos that are drilled and slotted? Ive seen some gold ones that look pretty cool I wanted to go with that look for my car

A Spec B FW and a STI FW are not the same. FW = Flywheel

Oh ok so do I need a spec b flywheel or a oem sti flywheel because it came with a flywheel. If I knew how to post pictures I would post everything I got for my swap. Pretty exciting lol

Brakes: Centric premium blanks have worked fine for me. KNS is a popular choice for rear brembo brackets.

Clutch: DD my car and am very happy with my Comp Clutch Stg3 + SMFW. Clutch is light, grabby, and holds power (~325whp) without issues. Came from a South Bend clutch, which I absolutely hated.

FYI, Rey's no longer at AZP. He's running a new shop in North NJ, and while he still works on Subarus (visited him recently), his day to day involves being surrounded by E30 M3s and rebuilding M5 engines to swap into E24 M6's.

Brakes: Centric premium blanks have worked fine for me. KNS is a popular choice for rear brembo brackets.

Clutch: DD my car and am very happy with my Comp Clutch Stg3 + SMFW. Clutch is light, grabby, and holds power (~325whp) without issues. Came from a South Bend clutch, which I absolutely hated.

FYI, Rey's no longer at AZP. He's running a new shop in North NJ, and while he still works on Subarus (visited him recently), his day to day involves being surrounded by E30 M3s and rebuilding M5 engines to swap into E24 M6's.

Thanks for the update on Rey.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

Archived