LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Repacked and sealed a front CV boot. Apparently a dry spot split when I was changing the wheel bearing a few weeks ago, and it almost immediately slung out all of the grease. About 2k miles later, I finally got around to fixing it.

There was an inch long crack right next to the wheel-side clamp. Took the clamp off, filled the boot with as much grease as I could get out of the bottle, sealed the crack with some silicone, and put the clamp back on. It held on the way home, so time will tell if it sticks.

Swapped out air filter for an AEM panel filter

What is the part number for a 3.6R AEM filter and where did you get it? I have searched multiple AEM websites and cannot find a listing for the one for our cars.

Skip it, paper filter and call it a day.

AEM (now owned by K&N) and Amsoil do make dry element drop ins but they are not worth anything over OE or Denso/Bosch/Wix drop in cellulose filters.

The most important features served by the OE filter are a. proper seal b. low pressure drop c. good sustained filtering efficiency. No need for more air until >300whp.

Don't risk messing with your MAF transfer function and IAT readings. Too much on these MAF/MAP hybrid control cars depends on the accuracy and stability of this sensors' readings.

Edited by Perscitus

Today got my pcv valve, spark plugs, and coils changed along with an oil change.

Man that last comment kinda punched me in the gut lol but I kinda just wanted a reusable filter so I wouldn't have to buy one every few months.

Don't worry Chillwill, you can safely use it (especially on NA tanks like the EZ36D) and it sure it better than any oiled drop-in or aftermarket intake for your 3.6R.... but the OE paper filters are the best. I've experimented with this for 25+ years, 12+ of Subarus. Zero pros, just cons, even with a tune, actually makes a tune harder on the tuner.

Ok now I feel a little better. I'd love to get this up to the 300whp but I do eventually want to get headers and exhaust then do a tune on it.

On a side note I have been throwing a misfire code for couple weeks hence the reason I changed filter ( old one was caked with crap) pcv, plugs and coils. And I've also read a bottle of Royal purple fuel treatment cleaner. I'm hoping this will elevate that. But if I do get a misfire code again what else could I do to fix it? Mind you the last code was for a misfire on cylinder 2,4,&6

You changed all coils? That mustve been $$$.

Next plan of attack would be injectors (also $$ just a tad less than coils).

You should monitor your misfires per Cylinder in real-time using either RomRaiders logger or BtSsm... no tune required.

Do the misfires occur more at or near idle, as you let off the throttle or say more during cold or hot start vs with the engine at operating temp? Does the engine hesitate, vibrate, etc?

Another possible culprit given her age would he the in-tank fuel pre-filter (sock) and filter (inside the in-tank pump housing). Both relatively cheap, a bit of a PITA to replace by opening up the fuel pump housing.

Are you still on original MAF, AF and O2 sensors? Those should be updated next, especially the 2 front AF sensors and the MAF. Denso replacements can be had much cheaper than OE parts.

Yeah man all 6. I got the 6 for $295 shipped from Amazon then spent another $480 for my guy to do the oil change, pcv, plugs and coils. The light did come back on the next day but my guy had me run techtron fuel treatment cleaner. He said that is the best stuff anything else is a waste even my total people fuel treatment I use. But sure enough I ran that bottle of techtron and thankfully no lights on and I have already driven about 120 miles

Installed the kartboy short shift plate. Wow is it short now (almost to short) with the stock short shifter also. It does take a little bit more effort to shift now so I am going to look into getting a heavier weighted knob

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dropped the car off at the dealership today--getting the passenger airbag replaced again under recall, and getting the windshield wiper motor examined/replaced under recall as well. hoping the airbag replacement will fix whatever was rattling intermittently under the dash. time will tell.

Had a busy weekend! Replaced Driver's side valve cover gasket and spark plug seals, noticed one was leaking slightly a couple weeks back when I did plugs. Man, did I underestimate this job! I figured it would be as easy as it looks, a few bolts...but didn't realize how much stuff you have to remove/disconnect just to get the valve cover out. I was going to do both sides, but passenger side (which is supposedly easier) will have to wait a couple weekends or so. Replaced the oil pan and bolts due to them being extremely rusty, replaced the drive belt, and of course new oil and filter!

I cleaned my AEM air filter, but when I tried to loosen one of the clips, it popped out and fell deep inside the car. Need a new one I suppose, but with the Racer X charge pipe I have, it is not going anywhere soon.

Fill the tank in the Legacy. Subaru sent me a urgent recall letter for the passenger airbag. I need to schedule this once I get my OEM AMG wheels back on the Benz just waiting on new Febi lug bolts to arrive.

Had my very first autocross event this past Sunday at SubieFest Midwest. I had an absolute *blast* doing it, most fun I've had in years. The car performed spectacularly, felt well in control of it at all times, never felt like I was over-driving the car or my limits. On my best run, I had the front Konis at 1/2 turn from full hard, and the rears 1/4 turn from full hard.

I took 1st place in the NA Class, for which I got this sweet welded trophy made by GrimmSpeed, as well as a $100 GrimmSpeed gift card, pretty nice. I won the class by nearly 6 seconds over 2nd place (a Crosstrek lol), and when I compared my best time against the Turbo Stock class, I would've landed pretty much right dead in the middle at 10th of 18 drivers, which means I beat a good handful of WRXs and STIs. Not bad for an NA! Though I think in fairness sake, I'll enter Turbo Stock class next year to challenge myself, doubly so if I have Raptors and full exhaust sorted by then (I hope I do!).

I got a full in-car and spectator video of my fastest run as well. I like this video setup, had my GoPro on a dash mount and my buddy trackside filming on his phone. I'm going to try and do this setup for all my future track/autocross events.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdYClXKogU]SubieFest Midwest 2018 - NA Class 1st Place [Autocross] - YouTube[/ame]

ysCXRm1.thumb.jpg.365b4c720eabcfea58aff52b4bde8814.jpg

6Pw22Ve.thumb.jpg.1404b5ca9c6eb9208ea01279d9a00b85.jpg

iyrDIo3.thumb.jpg.05073056ea62d91cd931867fd950bf3c.jpg

T9jGbSr.thumb.jpg.d201e61123b2bfc12623cc97afd00014.jpg

eDzhuPK.thumb.jpg.181ecc18f6f9121b222239489c7d63f7.jpg

koWFmde.thumb.jpg.05caa11241889e70eb4b76417c5b454e.jpg

1c5SXEL.thumb.jpg.82d7077d43d009f88d35e70c64acd40d.jpg

l5I58qK.thumb.jpg.323d9790a0ae224a4bdbee388f9a6733.jpg

2gSZMsb.thumb.jpg.d5b299e8790b180ccbbd887531932540.jpg

nrHbzfQ.thumb.jpg.dffb5c5136408beb0b7951d88938c442.jpg

h0VyTH5.thumb.jpg.d9be2e09012dbcfc0816a4cbbe4f3f7a.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

Just turned over 130,000 on my trip to south of Chicago to visit family this weekend. the car drives great on the highway with the Koni/Eibach combo and I gained a small amount of mpg too.

I performed my second oil change on my GT today. I still need to replace my passenger side valve cover and replace my turbo cooler lines before winter, so I got a little more time for mods yet...:)

Just turned over 130,000 on my trip to south of Chicago to visit family this weekend. the car drives great on the highway with the Koni/Eibach combo and I gained a small amount of mpg too.

I performed my second oil change on my GT today. I still need to replace my passenger side valve cover and replace my turbo cooler lines before winter, so I got a little more time for mods yet...:)

And you didn't visit me???? :eek:

How do you install the side skirts? pop-its? drilling required?

Came with 3M body adhesive rolls and self tappers. Our stock side skirts are plastic on all sides anyways, so install was very easy with the tappers and the 3m to hold it in place. Drilling isn't required, but there's a need for one screw in the back end of the extension that faces into the rear wheel well, I'd recommend a pilot hole for this spot since it's much thicker than the rest.