LegacyGT.com

$59 Throttle Booster on AliExpress

I'm not really understanding the hostility in this thread..

He posted something he tried and says works-why can't we discuss the topic without all the hostility? If you're saying it doesn't work then great, post your opinion and move on. There are tons of products like this out there for other cars. I agree I might be skeptical on the reliability aspect myself.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're the same guy who posted pics of a wrx spoiler on a legacy trunk and said "you won't even notice it doesn't fit unless you're close" when you can easily see 3 inches of open space on each side. You then proceeded to show what a vortex generator looks like on a legacy, also shit.

You have a wrx with the same crap mod. Cool, why dont you post up your vins for both and I can share this info and see if you ever have luck with resale or even warranty work. You'd think a guy who owns a wrx and wanted more oomph would simply get a professional TUNE done properly.

You're a sequacious noob, kid. I'm done talking to you.

I was thinking about the Sprintbooster until seeing this

Sprint Booster, Pedal Commander, there are several out there and they all do the same thing. Some of them can adjust the intensity and others are "all or none", meaning it's set at 30% intensity with no fine tuning up or down.

I first saw the Pedal Commander at Subiefest, which is how I found this thing in the first place. The seller's been in business for 4 years and said it has a 3 year warranty. I only have 7K miles on my WRX but I'm going straight to stage 3 (Grimmspeed) when I hit 10K. This thing is filling in the gap until then.

I didn't even know these things existed for our car. I'm intrigued but also curious how this would affect the transmission long term.

Subaru's old SI Drive had a function of this thing. I imagine SOA took it out to save money. All this does is increase the electronic signal from your accelerator pedal to the drive-by-wire to the engine. It'll depend on how you drive your car. If you set this to H39 (the highest setting) and tear around town all day, you'll probably end up in the shop for repairs sooner than later. It won't be the fault of the device, it's the user.

Subaru's old SI Drive had a function of this thing. I imagine SOA took it out to save money.

The difference with the SI drive, the ECU was still part of the equation.

There are many way to manipulate electronics, and this tool takes a narrow look at one function and modifies it. I am one of those guys that would rather pay $300 for a tune and get some comprehensive data and be able to track or log it.

Than a $60 set and forget...especially if I wasn't really sure what I was forgetting.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

The difference with the SI drive, the ECU was still part of the equation.

There are many way to manipulate electronics, and this tool takes a narrow look at one function and modifies it. I am one of those guys that would rather pay $300 for a tune and get some comprehensive data and be able to track or log it.

Than a $60 set and forget...especially if I wasn't really sure what I was forgetting.

I hear you. I figured if it's junk, I'm only out $50. $300 for the Pedal Commander just wasn't worth it to me for what it does...

This guy has a Pedal Commander in his STi:

https://tunerbattlegrounds.com/competitors-list/1143-sal-arriaga-subaru-wrx-sti

Interesting product. Don't know why people here are getting so upset over this. Its his car, and he wants to test this thing out. Why are people reacting like they are being forced to install this on their car against their will :spin:

Interesting product. Don't know why people here are getting so upset over this. Its his car, and he wants to test this thing out. Why are people reacting like they are being forced to install this on their car against their will :spin:
Yes Mother![emoji3]

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I hear you. I figured if it's junk, I'm only out $50. $300 for the Pedal Commander just wasn't worth it to me for what it does...

Or, you could have bought a Honda V6 and paid $500 for a K-Tuner to smooth out that jerkey 6 sp. Automatic, and to shut off the VCM... Even then you wouldn't be able to do a thing about 1st. Gear being so 'short'...

I decided to sell the dang thing and buy a 3.6 Subie... I'll use my own Foot from here on out thank you... :)

I found this image online and decided to order two Tesla bricks, really going to trick the throttle position sensor....

308a62e44bf7119d388d40b370b640d7.jpg

** B-Train, no hate intended...it’s your car and if you like the throttle booster, wish you the best with it.**

Does it really hurt anything? probably not.

It's just fuzzy math. They give you all of those settings so you can find the one you like. AVO Turboworld made these for years. Probably still do. they were Subi map specific tho. The general feeling was they were not much use. Believe me, the throttle lag s*cks. But you would be better off adjusting it through Romraider ot getting a tuner to do it.

I would be somewhat concerned about anything plugged or put in-line. I hate to see what one of those pinwheels in the intake tube do when they implode in the middle of a hard pull.

I found this image online and decided to order two Tesla bricks, really going to trick the throttle position sensor....

** B-Train, no hate intended...it’s your car and if you like the throttle booster, wish you the best with it.**

Right hand drive even....

Will two bricks make it go even faster:confused:

In all fairness, I don't think B-Train has made any claims about higher performance ... just more choices in throttle pedal response due to the various mapping schemes available.

I personally wouldn't do it, though, since the throttle pedal is a safety-related control, and I don't like the idea of inserting any third-party, aftermarket device into a safety system. But that's just me.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

why are you doing silly mods to a legacy when you also have a 2017 WRX? There are endless modifications for your WRX than you can do to your hearts desire, and they all actually do something and improve every little gripe about that car that Subaru left to be desired. Stop wasting your money and just modify the WRX.

LOLOL, OMG JSMITH, I laughed my ass off at this! That was some seriously funny funny sh**

(I'm still laughing)

why are you doing silly mods to a legacy when you also have a 2017 WRX? There are endless modifications for your WRX than you can do to your hearts desire, and they all actually do something and improve every little gripe about that car that Subaru left to be desired. Stop wasting your money and just modify the WRX.

I can't help it.

It's... an addiction.

I have to mod everything.

I'm now trying to figure out a way to mount this throttle booster to my shoes. That way, when I go for a run, I'll finally be able crack a two minute mile (crosses fingers).

Archived