LegacyGT.com

$59 Throttle Booster on AliExpress

In all fairness, I don't think B-Train has made any claims about higher performance ... just more choices in throttle pedal response due to the various mapping schemes available.

I personally wouldn't do it, though, since the throttle pedal is a safety-related control, and I don't like the idea of inserting any third-party, aftermarket device into a safety system. But that's just me.

No. I'm absolutely not making any claims about higher performing anything. And I'll man-up right now and apologize if this post came across that way in any shape or form as that was not my intention. It was more of a, "Hey everyone, I tried this thing out and think it's pretty cool."

The only thing this does, is allow you to increase or decrease the throttle sensitivity at the accelerator pedal, based on how much you press down on the pedal. No ecu map changes, no changes to the cvt shift points, no increase in HP or TRQ (didn't I put that in my first post?), none of that.

I'm super picky about my cars and I know Legacy's aren't sports cars. But, short of dropping full STi running gear in ours (I'm seriously considering this when the warranty is up) I'm always looking for something to give my cars a little more oomph.

Yes I have a WRX and I'm champing at the bit to go full Grimmspeed stage 3 with a ceramic-coated header and an STX-67 turbo, TGV and EGR deletes, plus a F/R Stoptech brake kit with RCE coil overs, and 19" Savini rims. This is gonna happen as soon as my odo hits 10K, I'm just over 7K now.

And yeah, putting all this stuff in my WRX is going to push the cost tens of thousands of dollars over what an STi would cost. But that's all part of the fun for me. I'll install all this stuff on my own then stand back and admire my handiwork. "Built, not bought" as they say.

I'm waiting to see what the next STi looks like and will likely add one to the stable, probably MY 2021, after Subaru works out any bugs, but I digress. I've written several letters to SOA asking them to bring back the Legacy GT. Put the 2.0L engine from the Forester XT in it, bump the HP to 265, tweak the supension and call it a day.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived