LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the cars. So magnificent. Sullivan. Not so much. :lol:

That's the reason I've been watching the F1 Temporada youtube videos I posted a few back. The cars are so incredibly beautiful, and the different ideas they employ to make the cars better. The 6 wheel Tyrrell was such an amazing idea and watching it actually run on the track and be competitive, was an engineering feat all it's own.

I wish they had a CanAm set of videos like the F1 Temporada. As a kid, just starting to race slot cars, the bodies we ran on the cars were all images of the CanAm and LeMans sport cars. We still run the Porsche 917K bodies and the Ferrari 512M bodies on vintage race cars now. We also run the McLaren bodies and Mirage, Shadow DN4, and the 917-10 bodies too. Beautiful excercises in aerodynamics and huge horsepower.

Finished reading The Mechanic's Tale by Steve Machette yesterday

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GVFWA56

Good book, recommended if you like early 90s Ferrari, early Shumacher and Benetton. I like Steve's writing style, but tbh I've got a big back log of books to read before I'll get back to another one of his. Zero offense to him.

Edited by rebourne

A good read but as a divorced dad it made me cry. But I want thumbs! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with Schumacher ahead of Senna. He proved it everywhere he went. As far as Fangio goes, I don't know if I would put him at the top. Again, he was great, but in his era, there were not nearly as many to compete with at his level.

Fangio's 5 championships came with 5 different teams. In an era when a mistake would likely end in death. Nuff said.

Schumacher had 5 with one team with a dominant car. And notice that I said after Fangio, I did not place the next 4 in any particular order. I would also note that Senna and Prost drove in a much more competitive era with more high end contenders than Schumacher..

Edited by KartRacerBoy

Does anyone here believe Red Bull and Verstappen can challenge for the 2019 drivers title next year? I think that's laughable. Even if they get power close to Mercedes or Ferrari, Honda has had worse reliability than any other team. So even if they are fast (Adrian Newey), I think they constantly suffer grid penalties, especially in the latter part of the season, stifling any challenge.

https://racer.com/2019/01/22/ricciardo-bracing-for-verstappen-title-win-in-2019/

• 4 weeks later...