LegacyGT.com

Legacy as a family car?

Agreed- I would put Eyesight in the EW category (Exceptionally Well). I personally have not driven anything quite like it, and with such a full suite of features. I guess I would umbrella it into a Safety=EW. I'm HOPING when it snows here in Colorado I find another EW factor. There are sure enough of these here to make me think they have something going for them. The car does a lot of things well. It's not a racecar (German), Luxury (Lexus) but it (as mentioned above) does a lot of things well. I have no issues with drive-ability, phone, stereo etc. I have some "nits" but that is to be expected. They built the car for a market and demographic, not me personally.

Legacy 2.5i premium, has all the features and less price than the 3.6. I've spent some time in a 2017 2.5i premium and I actually love driving it. It's no rear-wheel drive sports car, but if you can have a baby and not have a minivan, then I'd count it as a win.

I drove an '09 2.5i 100,000+ miles all through Baltimore/DC/Orlando and San Diego/OC/LA traffic everyday (I moved a lot). It was perfect commuter/adventure/winter travel car for a small family, and the new ones are even better and bigger and even MUCH safer than they used to be.

Also, it'll be perfectly reliable for decades so long as you perform the maintenance on a proper schedule.

All that being said, if I had the extra money to spend I'd go for the 3.6R.

I understand what you are trying to say here, but taking into account your own following statement about loving your 3.6R with Eyesight, perhaps you should have said that at the very least Eyesight is something that the car does exceptionally well, rather than "this car does nothing exceptionally well" :)

On second thought, I agree. E/S is exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn't buy the 2.5 as it felt a little underpowered to me. The 3.6 however feels just right for a family car. No problems merging or passing. AWD is a must for me being in an area where weather can be a problem or when on unpaved roads through hills. Never would I do that in a FWD or RWD only vehicle. At the time I purchased mine it was a top safety pick and still holds a high spot on the list. Test driving one is the only way you can decide for yourself weather you like the ride.

if you live where the weather is crap, the Legacy should be at the top of your list. I have 40K on a 2014 and it has been for the most part flawless. I did pop in a rear 20mm sway bar and the better cluster out of the limited... it accelerates well for a 4cyl car and with the RSB upgrade it corners EXTREMELY well... I would not go larger than 17" rims as the ride will be impacted and tires get spendy at 18" and larger rim size.... less sidewall = more road going into cabin (bumps, irregularities, etc).

Edit: the car I drove before this one was a 2002 Acura CL type S and while it was a blast to drive, I do not miss it too much... I only modified it a little with headers and a 09 TL intake giving me about 300HP to play with but it was a PITA in the winter time....

I agree a Legacy makes a nice all around decent Cruiser.

Is it equal to my past Euros no but the 3.6 does hold it on. Considering the price point with all the safety it is really the best kept secret out there.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

I wouldn't say it was equal to a Euro Sport Sedan.

(Not it's design).

However, for the price I'm VERY happy with it.

Hated the '16 BMW 5 series sedan and the 3 with a 6 cylinder and options I had in my former car would have cost around $68K.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

Loads and loads of replies guys and you have really gotten me thinking, that I want the Legacy even more (the reason I came here ;)). I understand that there are different opinions here but what I can pull from all of this is that it's a comfortable ride with enough space for children in the back. The boot area is just about big enough for what I will be needing it for and the power will keep me happy while I'm out and about on my own. But I will deffo keep in mind that I will be better off with the 3.5 version. Going out for some test drives at the weekend so i will be back to let you know how they went.

Thanks again

Archived