LegacyGT.com

What do you think of the next Legacy GT?

A_A_ron

• I Donated
I think the 2.0DIT is much more likely than the 2.4DIT for the Legacy. Power level is closer to H6 3.6 levels. I'm sure the other US application for the 2.4DIT is going to be the STI, and I'm also sure the STI will be the only application where the 2.4DIT is paired with a manual.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the 2.0DIT is much more likely than the 2.4DIT for the Legacy. Power level is closer to H6 3.6 levels. I'm sure the other US application for the 2.4DIT is going to be the STI, and I'm also sure the STI will be the only application where the 2.4DIT is paired with a manual.

You make some good points, but until they start building WRX and STI units in Indiana, I would bet against it.

I wouldn't be surprise if the Ascent's 2.4DIT HP/TQ levels are in the ball park of the FA20DIT ...on 87 octane.

I wouldn't be surprise if the Ascent's 2.4DIT HP/TQ levels are in the ball park of the FA20DIT ...on 87 octane.

Another excellent point. People buying a sports car aren't so opposed to buying premium gas. People buying people haulers ... a little more cautious.

You may be right, but I'm sure hoping the Legacy gets the 2.4.

In comparing to Audi, the A4 got the 2.0T while the A6 got the 3.0T.

They used to be equivalent to the Impreza and Legacy. Not sure if that's still the case since they now have A3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. I just can't keep up anymore.

Yes, my guess is EJ257/VF48 levels in the Ascent with 87, and 50-75 hp more on the STI with 93 and a bigger TWINSCROLL turbo and QUAD EXHAUST and A HUUUUUGE SPOILER.

fify :lol: Oh and of course it SHOULD come with 350HP... but will come with 305HP. :p

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• I Donated
You may be right, but I'm sure hoping the Legacy gets the 2.4.

In comparing to Audi, the A4 got the 2.0T while the A6 got the 3.0T.

They used to be equivalent to the Impreza and Legacy. Not sure if that's still the case since they now have A3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. I just can't keep up anymore.

:lol: Comparing Subaru to Audi is laughable. Subaru is Honda/Toyota/Nissan with AWD at this point.

fify :lol:

WRX already has twinscroll and quad exhaust, and STI already has huge spoiler, so I think that's kind of obvious. ;)

Oh and of course it SHOULD come with 350HP... but will come with 305HP. :p

Nah. I am guessing Subaru is well aware that the STI is falling behind the competition (Focus RS/Civic Type R/Golf R) in power levels and general performance. They are going to jack up the horsepower this time.

Canada is slated to get a Legacy GT wagon in 2018 and it will have a turbo in it. Manual transmission availability is still TBD, but either way it's very exciting.

The Subaru regional VP of sales told me that they are shooting for and advertised 300hp, but will sand bag it like Honda is doing with their motors and it will be closer to 300HP to the wheels.

It's pretty exciting when a car manufacturer tries out alternative models in smaller world markets. Less risk and helps shape distribution decisions for major markets the following years.

The problem is with our garbage 80 cent dollar, it will cost us Canadians close to $45K to get into one.

Canada is slated to get a Legacy GT wagon in 2018 and it will have a turbo in it. Manual transmission availability is still TBD, but either way it's very exciting.

The Subaru regional VP of sales told me that they are shooting for and advertised 300hp, but will sand bag it like Honda is doing with their motors and it will be closer to 300HP to the wheels.

It's pretty exciting when a car manufacturer tries out alternative models in smaller world markets. Less risk and helps shape distribution decisions for major markets the following years.

The problem is with our garbage 80 cent dollar, it will cost us Canadians close to $45K to get into one.

I have no problem driving to Canada to get one, have friends there but... there is one issue - there is no Legacy Wagon currently made anywhere in the world. Let alone GT.

Or are you simply trying to keep this thread fun?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Guys, he said something like L'avare, Lavorg? Geordi La Forge?? I was so excited I can't remember what he said the new 2018 Canadian LGT wagon was based on, I'm just passing along the good news.

It's going to be awesome. I guess we will test the waters like we did with the 2007 and 2008 LGT wagon... and report back?

• I Donated
Guys, he said something like L'avare, Lavorg? Geordi La Forge?? I was so excited I can't remember what he said the new 2018 Canadian LGT wagon was based on, I'm just passing along the good news.

It's going to be awesome. I guess we will test the waters like we did with the 2007 and 2008 LGT wagon... and report back?

Okay, now I know you're trolling. [emoji38]

Shut up, noob!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• I Donated
Haw far-fetched is it to think they might put a bored out 24DIT in the STI to make it a 2.5 liter?

Very. Why wouldn't the 2.4 work? And keep in mind that the larger the bore, the higher the risk of ringland failure.

Very. Why wouldn't the 2.4 work? And keep in mind that the larger the bore, the higher the risk of ringland failure.

No reason it wouldn't. I was under the impression 2.5 liter was a maximum displacement for some race classes and they might produce an engine matching that displacement.

Archived