LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

IcEWoLF

It sounds like the 2018s may show up in dealers as early as next week per folks at Subaru Outback Forum.

Subaru updated their website to show 2018 Outback but still no updates for the Legacy. Hopefully soon. In the meantime, you can find info on color, options, and pricing here: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2018/Subaru/Legacy

Thanks for the link.

While strongly considering a Legacy as I like the looks and AWD, Im a bit concerned about all the past reports of the lackluster performance on the 3.6 engine, although the news release indicated they supposedly did some tweaking for 2018. Also wondering about other things Ive been used to for many years and might easily overlook assuming they are there e.g. I was surprised they were just now adding individual readings to TPM or the short term power retention after shut off for things like windows. Had that already for over 10 years.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the link.

While strongly considering a Legacy as I like the looks and AWD, Im a bit concerned about all the past reports of the lackluster performance on the 3.6 engine, although the news release indicated they supposedly did some tweaking for 2018. Also wondering about other things Ive been used to for many years and might easily overlook assuming they are there e.g. I was surprised they were just now adding individual readings to TPM or the short term power retention after shut off for things like windows. Had that already for over 10 years.

No problem. I can't speak on the performance for the 3.6 but in terms of powertrain, Subaru is definitely behind the competition.

With that said, in looking at the overall package (e.g., options, features, AWD), I still prefer it over the others. I've been looking at the Accord (not feeling the 2018 though) and the new Camry. But all in all, I'm happy with my choice to go with the Legacy.

I have a few questions about options after looking at the build and price link for 2018 3.6R.

(I was slightly disappointed on exterior colors the gray interior is available with...only Twilight Blue Metallic and Magnetite Gray Metallic.)

.Is a remote start worth the cost? I have never had one and managed to survive cold snowy winters and hot humid summers in the US without one so far. I kind of want but dont know how much I would use it. Is it one of those never be without once you have it?

. Same question for the external dimming, ground illuminating mirrors. The auto dimming sounds somewhat useful while I could do without ground lights.

.As for other options presented there like trunk cargo liner, wheel locks, door edge guards, all weather floor mats, etc is it typically overpriced going through dealer and better off buying from a Subaru parts place online? Is there a favorite parts place here on the forum?

Just covering bases now until these show up on dealer lot to take a look at.

Thanks!

I have a few questions about options after looking at the build and price link for 2018 3.6R.

(I was slightly disappointed on exterior colors the gray interior is available with...or maybe not. Saw a dealer inventory list with color combo not allowed on the build/price tool)

.Is a remote start worth the cost? I have never had one and managed to survive cold snowy winters and hot humid summers in the US without one so far. I kind of want but dont know how much I would use it. Is it one of those never be without once you have it?

. Same question for the external dimming, ground illuminating mirrors. The auto dimming sounds somewhat useful while I could do without ground lights.

.As for other options presented there like trunk cargo liner, wheel locks, door edge guards, all weather floor mats, etc is it typically overpriced going through dealer and better off buying from a Subaru parts place online? Is there a favorite parts place here on the forum?

Thanks!

Check the local shops to see what the cost of a remote starter is.

Auto dimming mirrors are a must for most of their features, the night light thing is not that important and seems to only come on when your right there any ways.

I would buy Weather Tech mat's next time.

The door edge that run along the body is something the car will have.

Trunk mat is nice because it's easy to remove and hose off.

I don't buy wheel locks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

+1 on wheel lock unless you live next store to a chop shop.[emoji38]

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji4]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

(I was slightly disappointed on exterior colors the gray interior is available with...or maybe not. Saw a dealer inventory list with color combo not allowed on the build/price tool)

Thanks!

In regards to your question about accessories, there's a port installed accessory package that combines some of the items you mentioned. In my case, I negotiated the out the door price with the accessories included (I added Popular Package #2B). So I recommend doing that if there's any accessories that you're considering adding instead of having to do so after purchase, which most likely will end up costing more.

For the 3.6R, following is the Popular Package that's available:

Popular Package #2A

-inc: Splash Guards Part number J101SAL330, Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Approach Light Part number J201SFL001, Map & Dome Lights LED Upgrade Part number H461SFL100, Rear Bumper Applique Part number E771SAL300, Cargo Tray Part number J501SAL510, All-Weather Floor Mats Part number J501SAL400

From NADA Guides: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2018/Subaru/Legacy/3-6R-Limited/Optional-Equipment

I would not get that package unless its the only way to get auto dimming mirrors.

IMP the OEM all weather floor mats suck compared to Weather Tech's, which cost a little more money. The dealers will sell you Weather Tech.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I would not get that package unless its the only way to get auto dimming mirrors.

IMP the OEM all weather floor mats suck compared to Weather Tech's, which cost a little more money. The dealers will sell you Weather Tech.

If I was looking at a few of those options, why not consider the package...get them less buying online? Granted I would not normally consider everything there e.g. upgraded LED dome lights

Ive got dealer all weathers in my current car (not subaru) and they are pretty good. What makes the big difference in the Subarus vs the WeatherTech? Never seen the WTechs, just their commercials on TV.

Me personally I am not a fan of the Subaru Remote Start. You can remote start the car but the minute you open the door the car shuts off and you need to get in the car and start it again. I understand there must be a reason for this but other manufacturers do not have this and I have not heard any concerns.

Me personally I am not a fan of the Subaru Remote Start. You can remote start the car but the minute you open the door the car shuts off and you need to get in the car and start it again. I understand there must be a reason for this but other manufacturers do not have this and I have not heard any concerns.
I have a 2017 Accord EX-L V6 w/ remote start... Only the Engine and A/C comes on (10min. limit), the doors are locked and no Accessories are On...

Once in the car you have to hit the 'Start' button, then the A/C shuts down for a few seconds and restarts, then the accessories come On...

I like the fact that I can get the A/C running before I get in, but don't like it shutting down... It would be great to have the Accessories running and the A/C remain On without having to 'Start' it all over again...

If I order a 18' 3.6R, I'll have to spring for the Remote Start...

If I was looking at a few of those options, why not consider the package...get them less buying online? Granted I would not normally consider everything there e.g. upgraded LED dome lights

Ive got dealer all weathers in my current car (not subaru) and they are pretty good. What makes the big difference in the Subarus vs the WeatherTech? Never seen the WTechs, just their commercials on TV.

Agreed. As I mentioned in previous post, it's best to negotiate the price with the accessory package or desired accessories included. Of course, you can always get them later either OEM or third party but it may cost more, especially with labor charge added on unless you're planning to install them on your own (I'm not that savvy when it comes to DIY :)).

Also, I have Subaru all-weather mats on my Crosstrek and they're fine. I like them. But I've also heard good things about WeatherTech so perhaps check them out before you place your order.

I currently have a 2015 limited legacy with blind spot detection & nav. I originally took out a 7 yr loan on the car so no I'm at the 5 yr mark & debating on exchanging my car in for a 2018 whether it be for another limited (premium this time) or a the Impreza? Anything thoughts if this is just foolish to do or is it worth pursuing. I also have (through my employer) the VIP program option. It worked like a charm when I purchased the legacy in 2015, so I think I'm going to explore using that again this time through.

Agreed. As I mentioned in previous post, it's best to negotiate the price with the accessory package or desired accessories included. Of course, you can always get them later either OEM or third party but it may cost more, especially with labor charge added on unless you're planning to install them on your own (I'm not that savvy when it comes to DIY :)).

Also, I have Subaru all-weather mats on my Crosstrek and they're fine. I like them. But I've also heard good things about WeatherTech so perhaps check them out before you place your order.

The Subaru all weather mats pale compared for the Weather Tech's. Our 16 Outback 3.6 has them. I wouldn't buy them again. The Weather Tech's have sides on them. I have them in my 09 Spec B. Yet I have the floor mats still in my 05 GT wagon that I drive every day. That car still to VT most winter weekends for skiing. The mat's look great after 13 years. I vacuumed them yesterday for the first time since last Fall.

Brochures and Inventory

cars101 says 2018 Legacy brochures are at dealerships but none in my area have them. Anyone else seen one yet? I had also requested one through mail some time back but nothing there yet either.

secondly, Ive been keeping an eye on local dealer inventory to see when I can get a look at and drive a 2018 3.6R. No 3.6s listed and at best most places seem to have all of 2 cars shown coming and those are listed as "in transit". Seems light and wondering if that is not an accurate reflection of what they anticipate getting? Also, arent these made in IN? It doesn't have far to be transported! :)

I have reached out to a couple dealers in CT who have said port date of 7/31 and that expect that it will take a couple weeks to start getting them in. I asked same thing about IN. I assume they move to the port to install a bunch of accessories, but I don't know. I was wondering the same thing on how long these things will be in transit.

I test drove a 2018 Legacy Premium at the dealer yesterday. They weren't really ready to show yet as plastic was covering everything including the wheels. Loved the ride but then again I am comparing it to my 2000 pristine Legacy GT. Salesman said the Limited model will be in next week. I was holding out for the Android Auto because I am hooked on Google Maps navigation.

Looking forward to seeing one in real life. Very interested to see which exterior colors allow the new gray interior as I am not a fan of beige at all nor overly fond of black. I signed up for the 2018 notices at the Subaru site but haven't received anything yet.

The Subaru site allows you to build the 2018 Legacy now. I also despise the beige interiors.

Is there info regarding invoice pricing? What should be target purchase price for a 2018 Limited w/ Eyesight? How much under invoice?

I ordered my 2018 3.6R MSRP was 35558 got a dealer purchase price of 32119....and got a $500 coupon from SOA.

Im in the Northeast.

Not sure if that helps.

Archived