LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

IcEWoLF

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anybody driven an 2018 3.6R yet??? I'm wondering about the improvements over the 2017...

Brother, please look at my post on the previous page. I had a 2.5i 2015 model and bought the 3.6R 2018 model. I am in heaven right now. I love this car. I was about to buy the 2017 model but am so glad I got the 2018 instead. It is really quieter. CVT still feels similar to the 2015 model, it is better than a lot of car's implementations of CVTs out there.

Hi

I test driven legacy 2018 just now, and its actually not that good. I had a hype but the noise that makes is too loud from the inside, instead, I liked forester with eyesight premium trim. Its smooth and comfy compared to legacy. Rear seating is gold, it so roomy, i'm a 5'10" guy and with a solid build.

If anyone in the forum trying to buy a legacy, then plz test drive it for sure, you may or may not like it.

Its too bad you did not like the Legacy, but the Forester is nice SUV. I hope you get a good deal on it.

Brother, please look at my post on the previous page. I had a 2.5i 2015 model and bought the 3.6R 2018 model. I am in heaven right now. I love this car. I was about to buy the 2017 model but am so glad I got the 2018 instead. It is really quieter. CVT still feels similar to the 2015 model, it is better than a lot of car's implementations of CVTs out there.
So, does the 3.6R feel like it gets down the road better than the reviews of the earlier 3.6's? Alot of the reviews of the 2017 suggest it's a Slow Poke, which I find hard to believe...

Yeah, I don't expect it to be a quick as the 278hp Accord, but I hope it doesn't feel like it is towing anything... The 278hp seems to be too much for FWD and that annoys me... I'm not used to FWD... I'm coming from a BMW, Q45, Porsche 968 and other RWD's... I don't notice any funny sensation in the steering wheel from driving the Wife's 2017 2.5 Outback...

Oh, speaking of the steering wheel, I saw a review of a 18' Outback and the Reviewer said the Steering Wheel was a tad bit smaller than the 17'... Did you notice that??? I consider that a Plus...

I like her Outback seats... The Honda seats feel too hard and the ride is on the rough side... Hit a man hole cover and the front suspension doesn't give a 'Solid' Feeling... Kinda 'Shakey'... Disappointing...

I'm sure I'll think of more Questions later... Thanks for your Opinions on these matters... :)

I want to place an Order really bad, but don't want to make the same mistake I made with the Honda... I'm hoping to drive a 3.6R when my Wife takes her's in for Service but the local Dealer never has a 3.6R In Stock...

I'll have to Order mine from a Dealer 250 miles away... He always has 2 or 3 on the Lot...

So, does the 3.6R feel like it gets down the road better than the reviews of the earlier 3.6's? Alot of the reviews of the 2017 suggest it's a Slow Poke, which I find hard to believe...

Yeah, I don't expect it to be a quick as the 278hp Accord, but I hope it doesn't feel like it is towing anything... The 278hp seems to be too much for FWD and that annoys me... I'm not used to FWD... I'm coming from a BMW, Q45, Porsche 968 and other RWD's... I don't notice any funny sensation in the steering wheel from driving the Wife's 2017 2.5 Outback...

Oh, speaking of the steering wheel, I saw a review of a 18' Outback and the Reviewer said the Steering Wheel was a tad bit smaller than the 17'... Did you notice that??? I consider that a Plus...

I like her Outback seats... The Honda seats feel too hard and the ride is on the rough side... Hit a man hole cover and the front suspension doesn't give a 'Solid' Feeling... Kinda 'Shakey'... Disappointing...

I'm sure I'll think of more Questions later... Thanks for your Opinions on these matters... :)

I want to place an Order really bad, but don't want to make the same mistake I made with the Honda... I'm hoping to drive a 3.6R when my Wife takes her's in for Service but the local Dealer never has a 3.6R In Stock...

I'll have to Order mine from a Dealer 250 miles away... He always has 2 or 3 on the Lot...

No matter how far away it is please test drive the 3.6 first. Nothing is more important than your own opinion because you're the one who will be driving it.

First of all, I find the car more than adequate in power. I used to have an Acura TL fwd which is in a sense the same as a V6 Accord, and I find this car more than adequate. Does the car feel as sporty as a BMW M3? Not at all. However the refinement of the H6 and how smooth it drives reminds me of Lexus which is saying a lot. The wheels feel the same as the 15 but with a lot more buttons which may not be a bad thing for you.

The suspension feels really nice compared to Honda products.

In conclusion, I firkin love this car. It's not drag racer, but it feels super luxurious for a car of its price. I know it only improved on the 2015 model which I loved dearly because it saved my life in an accident. I know therefor it is a safe and reliable vehicle. You know what, the h6 will let you have more fun than what the haters will tell you, because this thing handles so well. Let them drive their shitty Hyundai Sonanata 2.0 turbo the size of my fist. I'll take this car any day.

Took delivery of my 2018 3.6r. Less than 150 miles on the car and I love it.

I have pics but when I upload it says a security file is missing...

Come on, tell us what you Love about it... :)

I'm so close to pulling the trigger, even without selling the 2017 V6... Push me over the edge!... :)

Initial impressions. Suspension is definitely improved and feels sportier. The steering is heavier but there is still the relatively numb on center feel. Acceleration is effortless. Maybe its because I am coming from a 2015 2.5 Outback. Interior has higher quality material and the new head unit is very much improved over the one I had on the 2015. Car comes with Goodyear Eagle LS2 rubber which I much prefer over the Bridgestones. Have not had much experience with eyesight with this car verse my old one so I will reserve comment. Highly recommend the LED map and dome light upgrade they certainly make a difference. With the CVT they definitely did work as I feel like all the complaints I had with the 2015 (Severe tip in, jerky starts when you try and mitigate the tip in) have all been addressed. It is much smoother and seemless. The 3.6 six makes the car much more refined compared to the 2.5. Lastly, the car is much quieter than my 15. The added sound deadening helped as did the acoustic glass that is being used.

My dislike is although I love the dark blue pearl exterior. The Warm Ivory interior makes me nervous. I am going to be doing a lot of cleaning keeping it looking good.

Those are my initial observations. If you have questions let me know. I will try and answer them for you.

Definitely looking into a 3.6R. The hard part is finding one near me. The only one I've been able to find with the Eyesight package has a gray/white interior and that's an absolute no-go for me.

Haven't been able to find any (that state) that have the mirror approach lights and/or remote start. The remote start I'm certain can be added after the fact, but not sure about the mirrors. I'm going to have to start looking out of state (AZ) again.

I know it won't be up to par with power from my 370Z, but I'm desiring something more practical, that I can go up north in regardless the time of year, and I'm wanting out of a manual transmission (shocking, I know).

Definitely looking into a 3.6R. The hard part is finding one near me. The only one I've been able to find with the Eyesight package has a gray/white interior and that's an absolute no-go for me.

Haven't been able to find any (that state) that have the mirror approach lights and/or remote start. The remote start I'm certain can be added after the fact, but not sure about the mirrors. I'm going to have to start looking out of state (AZ) again.

I know it won't be up to par with power from my 370Z, but I'm desiring something more practical, that I can go up north in regardless the time of year, and I'm wanting out of a manual transmission (shocking, I know).

I would venture to guess you will not find exactly what you want on the dealer lot when it comes to the 3.6R. Your best bet is choosing a dealer negotiating the best price you can and placing a factory order. That is what I did. Six weeks later I have exactly what I wanted.

Regardless of whether this is your first subaru or your 10th I would call SOA and see if you can get a coupon help you save a few more bucks.

I would venture to guess you will not find exactly what you want on the dealer lot when it comes to the 3.6R. Your best bet is choosing a dealer negotiating the best price you can and placing a factory order. That is what I did. Six weeks later I have exactly what I wanted.

Regardless of whether this is your first subaru or your 10th I would call SOA and see if you can get a coupon help you save a few more bucks.

That's what I'm running into.

I'll see if I can get in touch with them. Was hoping to avoid having to order a car, but I may have to. Thanks.

That's what I'm running into.

I'll see if I can get in touch with them. Was hoping to avoid having to order a car, but I may have to. Thanks.

While you can check online individual dealer inventory, have you had your dealer check? I assume their access to dealers and the inventory is much broader and might find one to do a dealer transfer instead of order. Having said that, I'm in a somewhat similar situation of having difficulty finding a 3.6R on the lot to just test drive.

While you can check online individual dealer inventory, have you had your dealer check? I assume their access to dealers and the inventory is much broader and might find one to do a dealer transfer instead of order. Having said that, I'm in a somewhat similar situation of having difficulty finding a 3.6R on the lot to just test drive.

I've only done the online inventory check, but have done it for two states and have only been able to find 2 with the EyeSight package, but one was with a gray/white interior.

One of these days when I have free time I may pop down to the dealership, as I am not getting any replies via email, just spammed with phone calls (which I've blocked now) as I'm not available to take them.

So annoying.

Yep... When I ordered the 2017 Outback with No Options, I was looking at a 4 week wait... Two days after I placed the Order the salseman called and said the Outback I wanted would be at his dealership in 2 days, he found one in Georgia...

So, I assumed the Outback would have a couple hundred miles on it, but when I took delivery, it had only 6... I didn't know the Dealer in Montgomery had their own Vehicle Transport Truck... He drove to Georgia and loaded up a couple Subies and hauled em' back...

The same Dealer has a 2018 Black/Black w/ Eyesight and all the other Options in stock, but I just want a straight 3.6r with Remote Start... It's just my luck that he's the only Subie dealer thats willing to stock 3.6's and he's 200 miles away...

Heck, I'm fixing to place an Order without ever driving the 3.6R... I don't like that idea, but thats what I'm stuck with since the other 2 local dealers only stock loaded 2.5's...

Yep... When I ordered the 2017 Outback with No Options, I was looking at a 4 week wait... Two days after I placed the Order the salseman called and said the Outback I wanted would be at his dealership in 2 days, he found one in Georgia...

So, I assumed the Outback would have a couple hundred miles on it, but when I took delivery, it had only 6... I didn't know the Dealer in Montgomery had their own Vehicle Transport Truck... He drove to Georgia and loaded up a couple Subies and hauled em' back...

The same Dealer has a 2018 Black/Black w/ Eyesight and all the other Options in stock, but I just want a straight 3.6r with Remote Start... It's just my luck that he's the only Subie dealer thats willing to stock 3.6's and he's 200 miles away...

Heck, I'm fixing to place an Order without ever driving the 3.6R... I don't like that idea, but thats what I'm stuck with since the other 2 local dealers only stock loaded 2.5's...

Do it!!! Join the 3.6R club, you won’t regret it. :dm:

.Heck, I'm fixing to place an Order without ever driving the 3.6R... I don't like that idea, but thats what I'm stuck with since the other 2 local dealers only stock loaded 2.5's...

I'm still bound determined to drive one first and have found some listed online, I just have to drive further than I wanted to do so.

My nearby preferred dealer said he could bring one in with a $500 deposit. If I didnt want the car, the deposit was fully refundable because they would be able to sell it anyway.

I'm still bound determined to drive one first and have found some listed online, I just have to drive further than I wanted to do so.

My nearby preferred dealer said he could bring one in with a $500 deposit. If I didnt want the car, the deposit was fully refundable because they woukd be able to sell it anyway.

I put a $500 deposit on an Outback and then cancelled after I found a $2K better deal from the out of town dealer...

It took a week, but I did get my Money back... Just sayin'...

Call them. I know someone who never owned a Subaru, but wanted to buy one. She called and they sent her a certificate that she can redeem for $500 after buying.

I have owned 5 Subaru's and they sent me a certificate for $1,000 off after negotiating my best deal for the one I have ordered.

Do you have that number? I've searched the interweb tubes and can't find any mention of it...

I bought the Wife a 2017 Outback last year and gettin' ready to Order a 2018 3.6R...

Thanks...

Do you have that number? I've searched the interweb tubes and can't find any mention of it...

I bought the Wife a 2017 Outback last year and gettin' ready to Order a 2018 3.6R...

Thanks...

Repeat customers may have more success. Suggest calling and elect customer service option. 1.800.782.2783

First time buyers aren't likely to get any discounts when calling and need to go to a Subaru Event happening or get it from a Subaru "Ambassador".

Repeat customers may have more success. Suggest calling and elect customer service option. 1.800.782.2783

First time buyers aren't likely to get any discounts when calling and need to go to a Subaru Event happening or get it from a Subaru "Ambassador".

Thanks!...

My daughter was thinking about buying a Legacy. She called and they mailed her a voucher for $500 if she bought one. She did and had a check for $500 in about a week.

My daughter was thinking about buying a Legacy. She called and they mailed her a voucher for $500 if she bought one. She did and had a check for $500 in about a week.

Interesting. I called for a brochure since the website did not permit the 2018 dropdown to be selected and dealer had none. I asked about first time coupon and they told me Subaru event kiosk or a Subaru ambassador. Repeat buyers they could do something for.

Interesting. I called for a brochure since the website did not permit the 2018 dropdown to be selected and dealer had none. I asked about first time coupon and they told me Subaru event kiosk or a Subaru ambassador. Repeat buyers they could do something for.

I was surprised too. It happened though. Maybe she is more persuasive than most? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Long time owner of a 2005 Legacy GT Limited - finally things started to go wrong but was expected at this age so shopping for months and was not considering a new Legacy. My battery on old car failed and took to dealer for warranty replacement and test drove 2018 Legacy 3.6R on a whim while I waited.

Several days later (10/19/17) I bought it - very pleased! New Magnetite Gray exterior / Titanium Gray interior, Opt Pkg 23 (Nav8" & Eyesight), Popular Pkg 2A, RemoteStart - the only thing missing is the ash tray (don't care).

Pics posted in the Official Magnetite Gray Metallic Thread (2018+).

Funny, but my ID on this forum "NewSubieLegacy" from 2004 was still active so I updated my profile. I am "new" again.

Archived