LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

IcEWoLF

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ordered my 2018 3.6R MSRP was 35558 got a dealer purchase price of 32119....and got a $500 coupon from SOA.

Im in the Northeast.

Not sure if that helps.

Was that $500 from SOA due to being a previous Subaru owner?

I ordered my 2018 3.6R MSRP was 35558 got a dealer purchase price of 32119....and got a $500 coupon from SOA.

Im in the Northeast.

Not sure if that helps.

What's the ETA?

I plan on dumping my new 2017 Honda EX-L V6 after I Test Drive a 2018 3.6R...

The Wife loves her 2017 Outback... :)

While looking and waiting to find a 3.6 to test drive, would I be correct in assuming the interior would be completely identical to a 2.5 unlimited?

Per the brochure for the 2018 the only differences from the 2.5i Limited and the 3.6R limited (with the exception of the obvious) are:

LED Steering responsive Headlights

High Torque CVT - With 6 Speed Manual Mode

Dual Bright finish exhaust outlets.

Per the brochure for the 2018 the only differences from the 2.5i Limited and the 3.6R limited (with the exception of the obvious) are:

LED Steering responsive Headlights

High Torque CVT - With 6 Speed Manual Mode

Dual Bright finish exhaust outlets.

Thanks. Figured that at least gives me a better understanding if it "fits" me and if not, then I dont need to wait further for a 3.6 to come in. Guy at closest dealer didnt sound optimistic about gettinng a 3.6 since not that popular and said they didnt get brochures until the cars arrived. Not sure if he knew what he was talking about or not.

Thanks. Figured that at least gives me a better understanding if it "fits" me and if not, then I dont need to wait further for a 3.6 to come in. Guy at closest dealer didnt sound optimistic about gettinng a 3.6 since not that popular and said they didnt get brochures until the cars arrived. Not sure if he knew what he was talking about or not.

If you really want a 3.6r they should be able to accept a customer order. Six to eight weeks later you have your 3.6r.

If you really want a 3.6r they should be able to accept a customer order. Six to eight weeks later you have your 3.6r.

Yes and it sounds like I might have to do that. Im not optimistic finding one just like I want anyway. But if I go with a Subaru, which would be my first, Im not ordering a $32K+ car without knowing what the colors are going to look like (2 new exterior and 1 new interior for 2018 iirc) and test driving the "improved retuned" 3.6.

So, I can see the colors and check cabin fit, sight lines, etc on a 2.5 limited, but will need to find at least one 3.6 to do a drive. I keep my cars for quite a while so want to make sure I get something I like.

I order a 3.6 without seeing it driving a Legacy. Couldn't been Moore pleased.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

So, I can see the colors and check cabin fit, sight lines, etc on a 2.5 limited, but will need to find at least one 3.6 to do a drive. I keep my cars for quite a while so want to make sure I get something I like.
Yep, that's why I haven't ordered a 18' 3.6R yet...

I'm kicking myself for ordering a 2017 Accord V6 thinking I'd get used to that Ugly Ass Grille and those Sawblade Ninja Wheels... :mad:

The only good thing about the Honda for me is gettin' to 100mph real damn quick... I gotta make sure the next time I order a New Car...

I was at the dealer today for some stuff and took the opportunity to check out the '18s on the lot :)

This thread lacked pictures, so here they are :)

The OB has the center console redesigned as well. Probably coming to the legacy next model year. The AC control dial are larger and all blacked out. Assume they light up when you start the car, unlike ours that have them printed on. I couldn't get a pic coz the doors were locked and I didn't want to track down a sales guy..

IMG_20170825_1324582.thumb.jpg.318b2b763159c028196320926ce96526.jpg

IMG_20170825_1325234.thumb.jpg.c7e8a1ecbbc92d9ebf47a9550cffba41.jpg

IMG_20170825_1325579.thumb.jpg.5cf20692fd90c93bb005283bff479b88.jpg

IMG_20170825_1326164.thumb.jpg.e42d424cbc940ab1fe1a729712b91dee.jpg

https://goo.gl/photos/Cfc9NSpQuiPZWq4i7

Cfc9NSpQuiPZWq4i7Bought the 18 Legacy 2.5 Limited and love it! Coming from a 00 Legacy GT there was a lot to figure out. Like the 8" LCD screen won't dim if set on Auto unless you turn the dash display lights down one notch. Ride is nice and quiet and the steering responsive headlights are great for winding country roads. The 12 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system sounds good but the bass doesn't have the oomph of the old car's bass under the passenger seat. As far as Android Auto goes... Still figuring things out. Apparently my USB cable kept losing connection but when I swapped it out I had no issues. Brought up navigation through Google maps and it worked well but for some reason when it speaks the directions it's extremely loud.

https://goo.gl/photos/Cfc9NSpQuiPZWq4i7

Cfc9NSpQuiPZWq4i7Bought the 18 Legacy 2.5 Limited and love it! Coming from a 00 Legacy GT there was a lot to figure out. Like the 8" LCD screen won't dim if set on Auto unless you turn the dash display lights down one notch. Ride is nice and quiet and the steering responsive headlights are great for winding country roads. The 12 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system sounds good but the bass doesn't have the oomph of the old car's bass under the passenger seat. As far as Android Auto goes... Still figuring things out. Apparently my USB cable kept losing connection but when I swapped it out I had no issues. Brought up navigation through Google maps and it worked well but for some reason when it speaks the directions it's extremely loud.

When it is speaking the directions, turn the volume knob down to where you want it and see if that does it.

How recent of a subaru customer do you need to be in order to get that $500 ticket? I haven't owned one since... 2004; but am thinking of coming back into the fold.

I suppose I could call SOA and find out, but I'm shy.

Call them. I know someone who never owned a Subaru, but wanted to buy one. She called and they sent her a certificate that she can redeem for $500 after buying.

I have owned 5 Subaru's and they sent me a certificate for $1,000 off after negotiating my best deal for the one I have ordered.

Call them. I know someone who never owned a Subaru, but wanted to buy one. She called and they sent her a certificate that she can redeem for $500 after buying.

I have owned 5 Subaru's and they sent me a certificate for $1,000 off after negotiating my best deal for the one I have ordered.

Good to know. I'm still researching but Subaru, which would be my first, is still in my top option list!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived