LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

IcEWoLF

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disappointed to find Black Leather doesn't come with the Dark Blue... Damn...

I was just about ready to place an order...

I was a bit disappointed in some of the available color combos as well. As you no doubt know, for blue, you have to go to the Twilight Blue Metallic instead of the Dark Blue Pearl to get a black or a gray interior .

I was a bit disappointed in some of the available color combos as well. As you no doubt know, for blue, you have to go to the Twilight Blue Metallic instead of the Dark Blue Pearl to get a black or a gray interior .
I just don't understand why... It's just a Color... Seems to me when you have to place an 'Order' for a 3.6R and Wait for it to be built, you should at least be able to order the color combo you want...

For cryin' out loud, if Black Leather can go into a Twilight Blue, why not a Dark Blue??? :confused:

I just don't understand why... It's just a Color... Seems to me when you have to place an 'Order' for a 3.6R and Wait for it to be built, you should at least be able to order the color combo you want...

For cryin' out loud, if Black Leather can go into a Twilight Blue, why not a Dark Blue??? :confused:

I got the dark blue on black leather on my 2018 3.6R.

yiPkqLc.jpg

Alright!!! Thanks for posting!!! :)

I actually had the exact opposite problem as you. I really wanted the ivory interior, but the dealer said I'd had to wait 1 month for that. So I went with the black. Wanna trade? jkjk. The black interior is starting to grow on me though.

fPL5oQU.jpg

TPPM2Bg.jpg

I actually had the exact opposite problem as you. I really wanted the ivory interior, but the dealer said I'd had to wait 1 month for that. So I went with the black. Wanna trade? jkjk. The black interior is starting to grow on me though.
I was just about to ask for a few Pics of the interior... Thanks! :)

Interesting. I went and checked the new printed brochure and like the build&price web page, dark blue is supposedly only available with ivory interior in the 3.6 R. i wonder if there are other mystery combos available? I assume these are only factory orders.

If you're really interested, I can drop my 2 cents in your decision. I come from a family of loyal Honda buyers. I had the Accord, Acura TL, and parents had the Acura MDX and Acura RDX. Loved all those cars. I bought a 2015 Subaru as an upgrade and man this car is amazing in snow. I would argue at least on par if not better than the Acura All Wheel Drive system. The 2015 Legacy 2.5 drove really nicely with no issues at 65,000 kilometers until I totaled. Having had such a good experience I decided to upgrade to the 3.6R. I just put 1000 miles on it and broke it in and I'm loving every minute I drove this car. Now the Accord will do you well, and if you're interested I'd wait for the 2018 Accord (though your Accord model actually looks far better if you've seen the 2018 accord) plus the 2018 accord uses a turbo i-4 1.5L or 2.0L, not something I like. However, if it snows where you live, Subaru is far superior. Sorry I sound biased.

Am I allowed to be biased towards Subaru here?

Interesting. I went and checked the new printed brochure and like the build&price web page, dark blue is supposedly only available with ivory interior in the 3.6 R. i wonder if there are other mystery combos available? I assume these are only factory orders.

I'm Canadian, maybe that's the problem...

I'm Canadian, maybe that's the problem...

Hmmm...Subaru Canada site only has 2017 model legacy no 2018. And you appear to have more than one 3.6R trim. The build and price page for your 2017 does permit an Onyx black leather interior option.

The 2017 Legacy US brochure only shows Ivory with Dark Blue, so I think you are correct with that option being a Canada thing.

Hmmm...Subaru Canada site only has 2017 model legacy no 2018. And you appear to have more than one 3.6R trim.

It's not on their website yet, but my local dealers got their hands on the 2018 models already. Yeah, our Legacies do come with black interior for every exterior color, they did have a Dark Blue on Ivory but they sold it to some other lucky buyer.

Rut-Row... Well, I ain't going to Canada... I'm way down here on the Redneck Riveria in Alabama for cryin' out loud... It's really strange to see so many Outbacks down here where it doesn't snow, but the Rednecks are buying em'... :)

I bought the Wife a 2017 2.5 Outback because she has a part time gig in Home Healthcare and some of her Patients live in the backwoods with No Driveways... She loves the Outback and isn't afraid of gettin' stuck in the Mud like in the Equinox...

I sold the BMW 530i and Porsche 968 and bought a 2017 Honda Accord V6... I thought I could get used to that Ugly-Ass grille and those Ninja Star or Sawblade wheels... The looks of the car gives me a stomach ache... I'm also not used to wrong wheels drive, but that damn 276hp V6 is awesome... Getting' to 100mph makes me smile, but it doesn't last... 276hp really feels strange with FWD... I bought it in November 2016 and now have 2800 miles on that thing...

I have to drive 200miles upstate to get a decent deal on a Subaru, so I'll have to make a call and see if I can get the Blue/Black 3.6R...

. They used to be the only ones to get the manual transmissions but since subaru did away with those as well on the outback and legacy neither of us get it!

I did not realize this. Ugh another MT variant bites the dust.

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebSiteID=282&WebPageID=4998&ArticleID=9560

"For 2018, the Subaru Legacy lineup includes five trims: the Legacy 2.5i, 2.5i Touring (available with optional EyeSight Package), 2.5i Sport with EyeSight Package, 2.5i Limited with EyeSight Package and the 3.6R Limited with EyeSight Package. The manual transmission option has been discontinued."

I just picked up my 2018 Legacy Limited 2.5 with Navi. Every time I start the car the radio comes on and there is seemingly no way to stop it from doing that. The dealer told me that other people have complained about that as well. No matter how many times I turn the radio off, it always starts up each and every time I restart the car. Is there a solution? Anyone?

Hi Folks,

Am planning to buy 2017 legacy 2.5i premium by this month end. It has 3500 miles on it and nothing fancy, it is a loner car and dealer is putting it on sale. It says about $24400(Seattle) out of the door without any negotiations. Is it a good deal to get 2017 with 3500 miles now or spend couple more thousands and get 2018?

I'm a first-time car buyer and first-time Subaru. Can anyone suggest or guide me in right direction.

Thanks

Hi Folks,

Am planning to buy 2017 legacy 2.5i premium by this month end. It has 3500 miles on it and nothing fancy, it is a loner car and dealer is putting it on sale. It says about $24400(Seattle) out of the door without any negotiations. Is it a good deal to get 2017 with 3500 miles now or spend couple more thousands and get 2018?

I'm a first-time car buyer and first-time Subaru. Can anyone suggest or guide me in right direction.

Thanks

Hello Charanrk50

What is the MSRP on the 17 loaner? Does the 17 have Eyesight?

If it were me, I would save up for the 2018. The 18's get a bunch of improvements that includes a quieter interior.

$21250 and out the door 24400. No eyesight.

$21250 is the price on the window sticker? And the dealer wants to charge 15% more for $ 24400 on the road? If that is the case, I would not accept that deal.

Doing a little homework, I googled and found Washington state has a sales tax of 6.5% for cars. So $21250 * 1.065 = 22631.25. 24400-22631 = $1769!!

I am not familiar with Washington DMV fees, but there can't be $1769 in fees, can it?

In Maryland, I find most dealers will sell you a vehicle "on the road" for 6% to 7% below the window sticker price (MSRP) without haggling.

Looking at cars.com, I find there are twenty 2017 Legacy 2.5i Premiums for sale in the 98101 area (just an arbitrary zip), so don't limit yourself to just this car.

However if you really do want this car, and the window sticker is $21250, then try countering with: $20187 on the road and that is with a generous 5% deduction.

$21250 * .05 = $1062.50. 21250-1062.50 = 20187.50

$21250 is the price on the window sticker? And the dealer wants to charge 15% more for $ 24400 on the road? If that is the case, I would not accept that deal.

Doing a little homework, I googled and found Washington state has a sales tax of 6.5% for cars. So $21250 * 1.065 = 22631.25. 24400-22631 = $1769!!

I am not familiar with Washington DMV fees, but there can't be $1769 in fees, can it?

In Maryland, I find most dealers will sell you a vehicle "on the road" for 6% to 7% below the window sticker price (MSRP) without haggling.

Looking at cars.com, I find there are twenty 2017 Legacy 2.5i Premiums for sale in the 98101 area (just an arbitrary zip), so don't limit yourself to just this car.

However if you really do want this car, and the window sticker is $21250, then try countering with: $20187 on the road and that is with a generous 5% deduction.

Thank you for the reply, what you said makes some sense, I will look into it.

I just picked up my 2018 Legacy Limited 2.5 with Navi. Every time I start the car the radio comes on and there is seemingly no way to stop it from doing that. The dealer told me that other people have complained about that as well. No matter how many times I turn the radio off, it always starts up each and every time I restart the car. Is there a solution? Anyone?

Pressing the volume knob will mute/unmute the speakers. Press and HOLD the volume knob to turn the audio system off.

Hi

I test driven legacy 2018 just now, and its actually not that good. I had a hype but the noise that makes is too loud from the inside, instead, I liked forester with eyesight premium trim. Its smooth and comfy compared to legacy. Rear seating is gold, it so roomy, i'm a 5'10" guy and with a solid build.

If anyone in the forum trying to buy a legacy, then plz test drive it for sure, you may or may not like it.

Pressing the volume knob will mute/unmute the speakers. Press and HOLD the volume knob to turn the audio system off.

I think I might be wrong. It turns the radio off but it is on again later when I re-enter the car. I too would like to know how to turn the radio off.

I think I might be wrong. It turns the radio off but it is on again later when I re-enter the car. I too would like to know how to turn the radio off.
According to the manual...

TURNING THE SYSTEM ON AND OFF Volume knob: Press and hold to turn the audio system on and off. The system turns on in the last mode used. Turn this knob to adjust the volume.

Hi

I test driven legacy 2018 just now, and its actually not that good. I had a hype but the noise that makes is too loud from the inside, instead, I liked forester with eyesight premium trim. Its smooth and comfy compared to legacy. Rear seating is gold, it so roomy, i'm a 5'10" guy and with a solid build.

If anyone in the forum trying to buy a legacy, then plz test drive it for sure, you may or may not like it.

Just depends on what you need. A Forester is smaller than a Legacy when it comes to capacity with the rear seats up.

Archived