LegacyGT.com

What to replace 2011 LGT with

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So to update this I took a look at the 2017 A4. Both power and size have been bumped up a bit to make it a very similar (albeit much more refined interior and much more expensive) to the 5th Gen Legacy. I also saw the 2018 A5 Sportback which looks awesome as I love the extra versatility of the hatch, but has a considerable price premium vs the sedan A4. None of these would be budget killers, but in general due to living in a city and parking in a city where my car gets a beating, and skiing regularly which also takes a toll, I question the wisdom of spending a ton on a car. I suppose thats why I've always been drawn to the LGT, first my 2008 and now this one.

My daily is a 2015 Ford Edge Sport, 2.7l v6 ecoboost with livernois tune, making power close to 400hp just with a tune. It's pretty close to my legacy wagon but much much more refined. It'll surprise you if you test drive it. I couldn't believe a ford could be like this. It's got a Ford F-150 engine packed into the edge engine bay.

My daily is a 2015 Ford Edge Sport, 2.7l v6 ecoboost with livernois tune, making power close to 400hp just with a tune. It's pretty close to my legacy wagon but much much more refined. It'll surprise you if you test drive it. I couldn't believe a ford could be like this. It's got a Ford F-150 engine packed into the edge engine bay.

Interesting. I haven't looked in that direction at all , to be honest despite the convenience of the form factor I really don't want to drive an SUV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would imagine that is a gas hog. I had a Ford Edge rental with the V6 and it averaged less than 20mpg (and I think it was quite a bit less than that as well.)

I replace my 2011 LGT with a 2016 Volvo V60 R-design T6 with a 3.0 liter 6cylinder. It also has a Polestar tune. 350hp. 370 tq. Only issue is that it only come in a 6-speed automatic.

My wife replaced her 2010 LGT with a 2016 Volvo S60 3.0 as well.

Oh and yes they are all-wheel drive.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-volvo-v60-t6-r-design-instrumented-test-review

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

I replace my 2011 LGT with a 2016 Volvo V60 R-design T6 with a 3.0 liter 6cylinder. It also has a Polestar tune. 350hp. 370 tq. Only issue is that it only come in a 6-speed automatic.

My wife replaced her 2010 LGT with a 2016 Volvo S60 3.0 as well.

Oh and yes they are all-wheel drive.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-volvo-v60-t6-r-design-instrumented-test-review

Hey, just the guy I'm looking for! I actually was just reading up on that exact V60 R-design car and setup with the factory approved Polestar tune. I would still love a manual but wife is pushing for a auto so we both can drive it. Any more detailed comparison from you sinc you had both cars? My big concern with buying right now is that this is apparently the older gen Volvo interior which will be substantially updated like the V90 type next year, and I'm afraid that will hurt resale values. Other than that, on paper this car looks great. Also any thoughts on the new engine in the 2017 vs the 2016. Looks like they are otherwise extremely similar.

Hey, just the guy I'm looking for! I actually was just reading up on that exact V60 R-design car and setup with the factory approved Polestar tune. I would still love a manual but wife is pushing for a auto so we both can drive it. Any more detailed comparison from you since you had both cars?

**No turbo lag due to the car running a twin scroll turbo. Amazing suspension. Perfect for county road driving. 4-piston brakes in the r-design. Every option under the sun. The front seats have amazing side bolsters and are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Perfect for long distance driving.

First job is to find one and then you need to test drive it. You have three body choices with the 3.0. Sedan(S60), wagon(V60) and SUV(XC60).

This car will not disappoint. I have owned a '05 LGT, '09 spec B, '07 Forester STI conversion, '12 VW Golf R and finally my '11 LGT. This car beats then all. Sorry for the rant.

My big concern with buying right now is that this is apparently the older gen Volvo interior which will be substantially updated like the V90 type next year, and I'm afraid that will hurt resale values. Other than that, on paper this car looks great. Also any thoughts on the new engine in the 2017 vs the 2016. Looks like they are otherwise extremely similar.

**The 2016 is the last year of Volvo's 3.0 6-cylinder turbo. All 2017 cars will come with a 2.0 turbo(250hp) or 2.0 turbo/supercharger (310hp). The 6-cylinder is amazing and with a 6-speed gear box, it feels more mechanical. The new 2017 has a smooth feel due to the 8-speed automatic.

Unless you are going to buy a 2017 Polestar for over 50k, there is no comparing the old 6 and new 4 cylinder engines. They make the same power numbers on paper but feel and drive very different.

swedespeed.com Look over this site if still interested in Volvo.

I sold my LGT to get a car that was even rarer. Resale was not a factor for me, performance and reliability was. This car is a true sleeper and incredibly fast.

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

I did the reverse, leaving my '08 S80 for an LGT. It too had the 3.0 turbo. The main reason I sold it was that I wanted a manual, and I came across the LGT by looking for the most similar car I could find with a manual. I agree an s60 (R is best) is a better option in terms of unmodded driveability, mainly because of weight. I test drove a new s60 with the 4 cylinder, and while it does perform well, I'm not yet convinced of its superiority over the proven 6 cylinder. The 6 speed improved significantly over the years, so it's fairly refined as well. I'm also a member on swedespeed, great place for info like this.

I agree an s60 (R is best) is a better option in terms of unmodded driveability, mainly because of weight.

This brings up a good question to ask: what's the aftermarket scene for these Volvos? Yes, the LGT is pretty niche and our aftermarket reflects that, but there's a robust general Subaru aftermarket that we are capable of taking advantage of in some specific situations.

This brings up a good question to ask: what's the aftermarket scene for these Volvos? Yes, the LGT is pretty niche and our aftermarket reflects that, but there's a robust general Subaru aftermarket that we are capable of taking advantage of in some specific situations.

Its still a little new. The Polestar section of the car board will show a few aftermarket items.

Air intake

Intercooler piping

Intercooler

Downpipe

Not sure about an additional software tune for adding the above parts.

You can always us the Polestar factory parts.

Ohlin 20-ways adjustable stocks

Brembo 6-piston brakes

Exhaust with valve actuator.

20" rims

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

I definitely agree that its new but growing. I put a rear sway bar and lowering springs on my s80, and was satisfied with how it handled. By the time I sold the car (last week) I had a few suspension bits meant for a S60R on it as well. That said, the market for s60 parts is much larger than the s80's, and not far behind the LGT scene. These parts are typically s60-only parts though (not like how a lot of wrx/LGT parts are interchangeable).

Hey, just the guy I'm looking for! I actually was just reading up on that exact V60 R-design car and setup with the factory approved Polestar tune. I would still love a manual but wife is pushing for a auto so we both can drive it. Any more detailed comparison from you since you had both cars?

**No turbo lag due to the car running a twin scroll turbo. Amazing suspension. Perfect for county road driving. 4-piston brakes in the r-design. Every option under the sun. The front seats have amazing side bolsters and are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Perfect for long distance driving.

First job is to find one and then you need to test drive it. You have three body choices with the 3.0. Sedan(S60), wagon(V60) and SUV(XC60).

This car will not disappoint. I have owned a '05 LGT, '09 spec B, '07 Forester STI conversion, '12 VW Golf R and finally my '11 LGT. This car beats then all. Sorry for the rant.

My big concern with buying right now is that this is apparently the older gen Volvo interior which will be substantially updated like the V90 type next year, and I'm afraid that will hurt resale values. Other than that, on paper this car looks great. Also any thoughts on the new engine in the 2017 vs the 2016. Looks like they are otherwise extremely similar.

**The 2016 is the last year of Volvo's 3.0 6-cylinder turbo. All 2017 cars will come with a 2.0 turbo(250hp) or 2.0 turbo/supercharger (310hp). The 6-cylinder is amazing and with a 6-speed gear box, it feels more mechanical. The new 2017 has a smooth feel due to the 8-speed automatic.

Unless you are going to buy a 2017 Polestar for over 50k, there is no comparing the old 6 and new 4 cylinder engines. They make the same power numbers on paper but feel and drive very different.

swedespeed.com Look over this site if still interested in Volvo.

I sold my LGT to get a car that was even rarer. Resale was not a factor for me, performance and reliability was. This car is a true sleeper and incredibly fast.

These are rare. I've been looking in my area SE PA for a R-design to test drive and have been having a rough time. There are 2 Polestars nearby, but as awesome as they look, I can't bring myself to spend $60k+ on a Volvo wagon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Acura tlx is a good looking car that's recently gaining more performance

Test drove the 2018 TLX A Spec. Good looking car (somewhat polarizing front grill but I liked it) and great features but felt sluggish compared to my LGT , even w the stock tune I have now. Would be a great highway cruiser but not sure if I want to spend the money on a new model to go backwards performance wise. On the other hand , when feature for feature comparisons are made, it's significantly cheaper than the Q50, A4, etc. Those fully optioned similar to this car are almost 10k more.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more WRX/STi suggestions. The VA is not that much smaller than the LGT and the interior quality is very similar to my 5th Gen.

I thought about an STI but for me there were a few snags. One was insurance and the other was motor reliability. If you follow NASIOC you will see these motors are blowing up. Then there is the fight with Subaru for a replacement. Let's hope the new replacement for the 2.5 will be better.

What I loved about the 5th gen GT is that not a lot of parts were shared. So we didn't have the same engine problems as the wrx/STI guys.

It's a shame that Acura didn't get back into the performance market. I loved my wife's 2003 Acura CL TypeS,6-speed manual gear box with the 3.2 liter 6. That was a full size two-door.

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

Archived